TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby To Attend the NY Auto Show

RogerS

Shelby American, Inc. will be attending the NY Auto Show. Show Dates are April 22 through May 1, 2011. As with Chicago, we are in need of members who would like to volunteer their time to assist with the Shelby Management Team to man the booth. We are looking for quite a few members. The show hours will be from 10AM-10PM each day of the dates listed. We will run 2 or 3 shifts per day.

If you would like to assist please contact Gary Patterson or John Kellar. Gary can be reached at garyp@shelbyamerican.com and you can reach John at john@decksupplies.com.

Again, a great big thank you to our Chicago area members who generously volunteered their time to be part of the historic 1st. ever attended by Shelby American at the Chicago International auto show. We expect a crowd of over 1 Million visitors. This is the home of Mustang launches for the Ford Motor Co. It will be the first time Shelby American, Inc. has attended this show with a post-title vehicle since the Cobra. We hope you can join us for this historic event.

Roger

Thanks to all that have volunteered :salute:

We still have some holes mid week and the last weekend of the show if you would like to help please send me or Gary Patterson an email and we get you signed up.

Shelby has managed to sneak another new car into the show, don't miss being a part of this very special event...

All confirmed! Maverick and I will be at the booth on 4/22, 4/24, 4/30 and 5/1! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the show!

• 2 weeks later...

I volunteered to help out on Friday, the 29th. Should be a great experience, and I'm really looking forward to it. :yahoo:

Any of you other guys going to be there on the 29th? Maybe we could meet for lunch or dinner. :beerchug:

This is going to be cool!!! :mademyday:

I'm going also Z-man, but Jon and I will be there on Wednesday the 27th so we will miss you there, are you heading to Hershey on the 17th?

Yup....I'll be at Hershey. Probably won't do the cruise in to the event (it would be back tracking for me and add about an extra hour to my trip), but I'll see you guys there. Hope Doug_GT350 shows up too.

Are you going to Carlisle????

You have to PM me after you go the the NY Show and let me know the details so I know what to bring with me (besides the camera of course). :camera:

Z-man

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roger, I spoke to John Keller at Hershey I'm in for both shifts on monday the 25th . This should be a great time. Steve

Anyone going thru Penn Station on Friday morning?

[/quote

ilmor -

Do you mean the first Friday of the show (the 22nd) or the second Friday (the 29th)? I'm going up the second Friday.

Z-man

ilmor -

Do you mean the first Friday of the show (the 22nd) or the second Friday (the 29th)? I'm going up the second Friday.

Z-man

I'm going this coming Friday (22nd).

What hotel are you folks staying at? I'd like to stay in the city Monday night.

My advice is to get a hotel just outside the city and take the train in... Midtown hotels (the few that still have rooms) are running in the $400+ per night range with parking in the $100+ range for 24 hours. There are some nice hotels for a lot less just outside the city and the train in is around 7-10 each way.

We are staying at a New Rochelle hotel (free parking) and taking the train in for $7. Close by , 15 minute train ride in and no hassles with parking and traffic in midtown.

Archived