TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Red or Black Calipers?

Black with Red / Red with Black  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Which color on a White/Silver SGT with GM Razors

• Black with Red letters
    • Red with Black letters

I figure for another $300 over what I'm already into on these GT500 Brembos... I might as well go straight to a 6 pot.

But what color would you all put on a White/Silver SGT with Gun Metal Razors?

Do you white SGT guys have pics of these installed?

While mine is not a white SGT, I see red as the color because, back in the day (before calipers became fashion items), that was the only color out there. It depends on if you want them to stand out or not. Red if you want them to stand out; black if you do not. My two cents.

Jim

hmmmm... .well I don't want to SCREAM, look at my brakes, but it would be cool if they stood out a bit. I'm thinking the black with the red lettering might be just enough to draw some slight attention to them, but not be to flashy. No offense to anyone that DOES have red of course.

WHITE SGT guys with aftermarket calipers... can you please post pics if you have em?

After much consideration and flip flopping between red and blue calipers. I consulted a few friends and family & decided to go with the silver.

I really wanted (dark)blue as that is what I painted the stock calipers, but was told that with the vista blue fender stripes and (almost vista) blue valve covers, that it would not look good together. Too many variations on a single car. It is hard to tell what exactly they look like on the internet, which is why I asked a friend (Vapor08GT500) who has seen them in person and installed several of them .

I thought about red as they really "pop" and stand out, but so many people have them already and that leaves the dilemma of changing the color of my blue rear calipers. I could go "patriotic" and leave the rears blue (red & blue on a white car), but I don't think it would look good...lol :slapfight:

So hopefully the silver will work out for me. It's the color they put on the '11 350, so it should be fine.

Good luck with your decision.

Dan

After much consideration and flip flopping between red and blue calipers. I consulted a few friends and family & decided to go with the silver.

I really wanted (dark)blue as that is what I painted the stock calipers, but was told that with the vista blue fender stripes and (almost vista) blue valve covers, that it would not look good together. Too many variations on a single car. It is hard to tell what exactly they look like on the internet, which is why I asked a friend (Vapor08GT500) who has seen them in person and installed several of them .

I thought about red as they really "pop" and stand out, but so many people have them already and that leaves the dilemma of changing the color of my blue rear calipers. I could go "patriotic" and leave the rears blue (red & blue on a white car), but I don't think it would look good...lol :slapfight:

So hopefully the silver will work out for me. It's the color they put on the '11 350, so it should be fine.

Good luck with your decision.

Dan

I agree... if they had the Silver on sale, I'd be buying those... but of what's available, I think I have to stick with either Black or Red.

I absolutely love your SGT btw... perfectly done.

I agree... if they had the Silver on sale, I'd be buying those... but of what's available, I think I have to stick with either Black or Red.

I absolutely love your SGT btw... perfectly done.

They are on sale, I pulled the trigger around noon today from Champion.

Dan

Archived