TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dash Plaques are IN!!!!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why would they include the sill plates. They didn't come from the factory, what if I didn't want them?

I'll take your sill plates if you don't want them. I think they are free with the purchace of the plaque. Also to replace 2 more SVT badges on the car

I think they look great

I ordered my dash plaque today also. I also sent in my airbag dash cover to be autographed and asked if he would include the last six digits of my VIN with the autograph. I also included my window sticker to be autographed, a nice framing momento. I'll post pics when I get them back.

How much is this dash plate?

Is there a picture?

Is this the plate that mouts between the two round vents?

Last question, Is shelby going to engrave the vin number on this plate?

They are $299.95 and include new sill plates that replace the ones that say "SVT" with "Shelby GT500". It adheres between the 2 center vents, and has your VIN# on it.

post-17-1173490063_thumb.jpg

post-17-1173490063_thumb.jpg

I ordered my dash plaque today also. I also sent in my airbag dash cover to be autographed and asked if he would include the last six digits of my VIN with the autograph. I also included my window sticker to be autographed, a nice framing momento. I'll post pics when I get them back.

Thats a nice touch. I look forward to seeing those pics.

Those of you who have ordered or will be ordering your plaques, I have a question.

I'm looking at my original window sticker ( vehicle description ) and on the top far right appears the VIN.

The first 11 characters are in small font and the last 6 numbers are in a large (3X) font.

Do you specify all 17 characters or just the last 6 numbers ?

Personally, I would sooner have 6 simple yet unique numbers on my plaque.

Those of you who have ordered or will be ordering your plaques, I have a question.

I'm looking at my original window sticker ( vehicle description ) and on the top far right appears the VIN.

The first 11 characters are in small font and the last 6 numbers are in a large (3X) font.

Do you specify all 17 characters or just the last 6 numbers ?

Personally, I would sooner have 6 simple yet unique numbers on my plaque.

You include all 17 characters.

Why would they include the sill plates. They didn't come from the factory, what if I didn't want them?

I don't want the sill plates either. Do what I'm goig to do with my sill plates, toss them away. I like the ones that are on my car now, SVT. I just want the dash plate.

I don't want the sill plates either. Do what I'm goig to do with my sill plates, toss them away. I like the ones that are on my car now, SVT. I just want the dash plate.

I too placed my order this morning. I am not sure I want to change the sill plates. Are they over lays ? Do the others come off? if so How ?

I like the one that are on mine too, but I'm thinking I will use them and wrap the originals in plastic for when my nephew is ready to put the car back to 100% original. The SVT plates will be in perfect condition along with the rest of parts taken off to improve stock suspension etc, etc. All these bolt on parts are documented in the cars records. I would not throw any sill plates away, I don't think you will either.

post-5223-1173508840_thumb.jpg

I too placed my order this morning. I am not sure I want to change the sill plates. Are they over lays ? Do the others come off? if so How ?

If you look on the Shelby web-site they sell for $100 Shelby aluminum inserts that stick on with adhesive tape to existing sill plates. I'm not sure if that's what comes with the dash plate or not. For me I would much prefer keeping the original SVT sill plates that came on the car. The Shelby I bought last June was a Shelby\SVT Mustang so I want to keep the SVT badging original on mine. That's one of the reasons I didn't want the Las Vegas address on my dash plate. If I wanted a Shelby made Mustang I could have saved about $25K and bought a SGT. Congrats on your new car.

If you look on the Shelby web-site they sell for $100 Shelby aluminum inserts that stick on with adhesive tape to existing sill plates. I'm not sure if that's what comes with the dash plate or not. For me I would much prefer keeping the original SVT sill plates that came on the car. The Shelby I bought last June was a Shelby\SVT Mustang so I want to keep the SVT badging original on mine. That's one of the reasons I didn't want the Las Vegas address on my dash plate. If I wanted a Shelby made Mustang I could have saved about $25K and bought a SGT. Congrats on your new car.

I would sure hate to stick anything on my SVT sill plates. Thats not happening.

These sill plates actually say Shelby GT-500...the others just say Mustang. I'm a little curious...why did you buy a Shelby...you could have purchased a myriad of SVT Mustangs. I bought this car because it is a Shelby and wish the entire car was made in Vegas. Again, if you just want a high performance SVT automobile called a Mustang you could have gotten the power etc. for much cheaper. Alot of us old timers had Shelbys and were buying this car because of the respect that we have for Carroll Shelby. I could give a flying F**k about those mishandlers/failures/dealers at Ford. Believe me I did not buy this car because it was a Ford...I wish the only badging was SHELBY!!!!!! You must be a young pup.

These sill plates actually say Shelby GT-500...the others just say Mustang. I'm a little curious...why did you buy a Shelby...you could have purchased a myriad of SVT Mustangs. I bought this car because it is a Shelby and wish the entire car was made in Vegas. Again, if you just want a high performance SVT automobile called a Mustang you could have gotten the power etc. for much cheaper. Alot of us old timers had Shelbys and were buying this car because of the respect that we have for Carroll Shelby. I could give a flying F**k about those mishandlers/failures/dealers at Ford. Believe me I did not buy this car because it was a Ford...I wish the only badging was SHELBY!!!!!! You must be a young pup.

When I bought my Shelby there was no mention of a SGT being built in January 07. I bought it because it was a GT 500 Shelby Mustang. If it was a Ford Cobra SVT I would never had bought it. I didn't need to buy a Mustang I already have one, 1966. I always wondered what it would had been like back in the day when you went to your local Ford dealer and ordered a brand new Shelby Mustang. I wasn't able to do it because not too many dealers would have sold a 11 year old a car, not to mention my parents wouldn't had let me even if I had the money. Ordering my GT 500 Shelby Mustang at a Ford dealer last June was a dream come true. I don't know if I would have bought a SGT or not, but it wasn't an option to me last June. Would I trade my car today for one, no. If I had the money to buy another one? What would it be? Not sure. Not really interested. I have exactly what I always wanted now. I'm proud to have the both the Ford SVT and the Carroll Shelby on my Mustang. I would never bash anyone who felt different about theirs. Not the way I was brought up, just not right.

If you or anyone else does not want the sill plates, PM me as I will buy them at a fair price. I do like them and would like a couple spare sets for when the ones I have ordered get scuffed up.

James

+100 :bowdown:

Who is SVT...Did people buy this car because it's an SVT..Hey I'm going to go out and buy an SVT Ford...go figure.

You can really see a generation gap here.

People buy cars for MANY reasons and yours is not the only one.Thats a pretty ignorant reply to this thread IMO. Not everybody bought this car. because its a shelby .Now I on the other hand collect SVT vehicles.my reason for buying it was because it was the fastest production mustang ever.Simple as that.I also DID like the fact that is says SVT on it.

Im not downing why you bought yours but you should not down others.

I dont care how old you are, thats an ignorant comment.Not everybody who bought this car is in love with carrol shelby.There thousand of people who DONT attend this board who have their different reasons too.

If you or anyone else does not want the sill plates, PM me as I will buy them at a fair price. I do like them and would like a couple spare sets for when the ones I have ordered get scuffed up.

James

I'll buy any sold at a fair price as well. I have noticed one thing different about people that wish the car wasn't a Mustang Shelby, and that it is. Most of them slam Ford and SVT, well all I can say is B.S. go buy a Shelby that has no affiliation with Ford and be happy. If you would take the time to read the top of the Forum home page, you will notice Dearborn, MI in Big letters. The only person I have ever heard complain about the GT500 being a Shelby was doing so because of the price gouging that dealerships are doing to new car buyers because it's a Shelby Mustang. Can't we agree to disagree? We sound like freaking little kids. OK, flame suit on. I don't think that there is any lack of respect to Carrol Shelby because we are proud that SVT was a big part of the car. Grow up.

This is not aimed at any one person, and certainly not James.

Blayne

:redcard:

:backtotopic:

I just put my order in too. Thanks to nichostu for the link and to the rest of you who posted info on this topic. I've been wanting to get something signed by CS to put in my Shelby, but I've been unsure what to have him sign.

Quite frankly, the activation energy required to buy a part, pack it, and ship it to him for his signature was too much for me to overcome.

This plaque is perfect, and it was easy to order.

Thanks for posting this topic, ShelbyDude! :rockon:

Archived