TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SPP Specialty Clearance Parts

Same here no x pipe :banghead::banghead:

When you are expecting something and dont get it it is disappointing, but even without the X-pipe it is still a smoking deal!

Though I can understand this description being read as... "JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback for GT500, WITH Stock Cats and X Pipe"... as in for the GT500, including stock cats and x pipe...

However I read it as...

"JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback, FOR GT500 with Stock Cats and X Pipe"... as in FOR the GT500 that has stock cats and x pipe... not a modified exhaust. As in it will fit a gt500 with stock cats and x pipe.

Again, I can see that being read either way, but my understanding is that the X pipe and stock cats were not included. I mean how many aftermarket kits come with "stock cats"? Either way... ambiguously stated and I see both versions.

OH, and I agree... STILL a smokin' deal. As far as I've been able to find, this kit... WITHOUT the X, retails for around $700. Not back for $150.... brand new... never used... :happy feet:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Though I can understand this description being read as... "JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback for GT500, WITH Stock Cats and X Pipe"... as in for the GT500, including stock cats and x pipe...

However I read it as...

"JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback, FOR GT500 with Stock Cats and X Pipe"... as in FOR the GT500 that has stock cats and x pipe... not a modified exhaust. As in it will fit a gt500 with stock cats and x pipe.

Again, I can see that being read either way, but my understanding is that the X pipe and stock cats were not included. I mean how many aftermarket kits come with "stock cats"? Either way... ambiguously stated and I see both versions.

Actually, the description you are reading off was for the other 2.5'' cat back system they had for sale that day too that was $149.00. That one did read like it was for a gt500 that is using the stock 2.5'' cat back. It did not say it was a "complete system" like the other one that is the 3''. There was mufflers and two different exhaust systems for sale that day. Here is the pic of the 2.5'' system that read "JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback for GT500 with Stock Cats and X Pipe"

post-32549-0-25519700-1301696153_thumb.jpg

post-32549-0-25519700-1301696153_thumb.jpg

Actually, the description you are reading off was for the other 2.5'' cat back system they had for sale that day too that was $149.00. That one did read like it was for a gt500 that is using the stock 2.5'' cat back. It did not say it was a "complete system" like the other one that is the 3''. There was mufflers and two different exhaust systems for sale that day. Here is the pic of the 2.5'' system that read "JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback for GT500 with Stock Cats and X Pipe"

Oh, I see. So the 3" system did actually say it included the x pipe? I didn't notice that. I thought you were talking about the 2.5-3" set. Either way, I'm a happy camper.

I had posted this before but this was the actual description I took off the shelby site when I ordered

x-40-2635

This exhaust system features stainless steel smooth flowing mandrel-bent tubing, high quality hardware, fully welded JBA stainless mufflers and finish with great looking polished and chrome plated Shelby by JBA stainless steel rolled exhaust tips.

This is the exhaust systems, countless hours were spent designing this kit to take advantage of the potential of the 5.4L 4V engine in the GT500's This Complete 3" exhaust (with x-pipe) replaces the stock 2.5 inch exhaust and makes real power with the authentic sound of a true muscle car without the annoying interior resonance common in other systems.

Notes:

FOR OFFROAD USE ONLY

Later they changed it.

Though I can understand this description being read as...

(1.) "JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback for GT500, WITH Stock Cats and X Pipe"... as in for the GT500, including stock cats and x pipe...

However I read it as...

(2.)"JBA Shelby Stainless Steel Catback, FOR GT500 with Stock Cats and X Pipe"... as in FOR the GT500 that has stock cats and x pipe... not a modified exhaust. As in it will fit a gt500 with stock cats and x pipe.

I'm gonna disagree with ya on this one...I don't see it as ambiguous, misleading, misprinted or any thing other than how it is stated. The key is, reading every word they used to describe their item.

The first description (I numbered them) says that they are selling a CATBACK (KEY WORD!) SYSTEM for (a) GT500 WITH STOCK CATS AND X-PIPE. The fact that it's a CATBACK system tells you it does not include the Cats (which are INSIDE of the X-pipe) or the X-pipe. No where does it indicate that it INCLUDES stock cats and x-pipe. A "Catback" system is just what it says it is....a system from the Catalytic Converter/s BACK.

Now the description posted just above this one (once I post it) is different. It *appears* to be a complete system that will include a X-pipe with NO CATS as it is listed as "For Off-Road Use Only" which USUALLY indicates it will not meet EMISSION standards....except in the case of a system like the Roush Extreme that doesn't have any mufflers and violates the Federal NOISE standards (vs. Smog standards).

I agree that that one is....."misleading" at best, if it does not include a X-pipe.

Just My Honest Opinion,

Phill

If they didn't include the term "Catback" in their description, I'd have to agree with you 1000% though.

It's pretty annoying given the description that I now have to purchase either a $250 or $650 (non-catted or catted) X pipe to use this system. Shelby gave me $50 store credit after I called. The old saying holds true that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

It's pretty annoying given the description that I now have to purchase either a $250 or $650 (non-catted or catted) X pipe to use this system. Shelby gave me $50 store credit after I called. The old saying holds true that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is.

There is nothing too good to be true about this... You now have a $600-700 catback system for what? $100?! What you received is what JBA sells the CATBACK system as. Look up the part number and see what they are going for everywhere else. You still got a screaming deal. Spend $250 on an x pipe and you'll have a full Shelby/JBA Super Snake headerback exhaust for around $400... find a better deal than that!

There is nothing too good to be true about this... You now have a $600-700 catback system for what? $100?! What you received is what JBA sells the CATBACK system as. Look up the part number and see what they are going for everywhere else. You still got a screaming deal. Spend $250 on an x pipe and you'll have a full Shelby/JBA Super Snake headerback exhaust for around $400... find a better deal than that!

Yeah, I agree with everything you said.

Heck, when I saw it in the Basement I thought about buying it just because it was such a screamin' deal. I mean, you can never have TOO MANY exhaust systems laying around! <lol>.

$100-$160 is CHEAP for a catback system. Maybe folks just don't realize that. Like 07SGT says, "look around"....you might be real surprised.

I mean, I paid $585 for my Roush off-road catback system. It *is* nice but for a extra 400 bucks, it ought'a be!

Again, JMHO,

Phill

A store credit after paying a fraction of the retail price on that exhaust kit?

Some people are never satisfied. :finger:

OK guys/girls I have to chime in one more time.

Been thinking about this one all day In the mean time I went to Home Depot to do some shopping and found a great deal on a new drill. It was the top of the line Dewalt. It was a new color that they came out with and came as a complete set ready to use with two battery chargers. I immediately bought it with a smile and rushed home to open it and use it on my next project. The drill is awesome, had both battery chargers, but I couldn't find the batteries??? Called the store to ask where they were and they said the batteries came separately. I then said well it said complete? They said no the drill and chargers were complete. It was such a good deal I said oh that OK I'll just go spend another $75.00 for a battery? Sound familiar.

Really come-on thats not OK. I can't believe that Robert (post number 71) has let this go on for this long. I agree that it was a good deal, but if it said it came complete then thats exactly what it should be. Good deal or not.

I have owned a business for the last 23 years and in that time there have been several times that my quotes have not not been as clear as they should have been and guess what, the customer wins every time. Thats why I have been in business for 23 years. Did I loose money on those deals? Yes, but thats just the right thing to do.

Sorry, but I feel strongly about that. I am sure that they knew what they meant, but it is obviously that there customers (us) did not. Shelby just make it right and move on.

I'm not disagreeing its a good deal and I'm not complaining. All I'm saying is I bought it believing it was a too good to be true deal, in that I would get a "complete" exhaust kit as advertised. It ended up being too good to be true, and that was annoying to me. So be it. I wasn't planning on spending a bunch of money on an exhaust system right now, and then this came along and forced my hand. Had this been advertised accurately I probably would have passed. Now that I have it I'll probably spent the extra money to complete the system and use it and be happy.

I personally expect to receive what I purchase as it is advertised. I didn't get what was advertised and I should have, but it is nonetheless a good deal.

I have owned a business for the last 23 years and in that time there have been several times that my quotes have not not been as clear as they should have been and guess what, the customer wins every time. Thats why I have been in business for 23 years. Did I loose money on those deals? Yes, but thats just the right thing to do.

Sorry, but I feel strongly about that. I am sure that they knew what they meant, but it is obviously that there customers (us) did not. Shelby just make it right and move on.

I don't disagree with you that in regular purchase circumstances, that is absolutely the proper way to handle this types of things. My point is that when you get something stupid cheap and you want the prospect of CONTINUING to get things stupid cheap (i.e. the future existence of the "basement"), I would be careful to be so critical. While I agree that the descriptions MAY have been inaccurate, I also do not want to drive Robert to the point where he says.... fine, no more basement. Besides, I'm sure if someone wanted to, they would be allowed to return the product they are now so disgusted with... But I wouldn't. Even what we DID receive, we paid about 25% of retail value for. It would be senseless to return it.

I'm not disagreeing its a good deal and I'm not complaining. All I'm saying is I bought it believing it was a too good to be true deal, in that I would get a "complete" exhaust kit as advertised. It ended up being too good to be true, and that was annoying to me. So be it. I wasn't planning on spending a bunch of money on an exhaust system right now, and then this came along and forced my hand. Had this been advertised accurately I probably would have passed. Now that I have it I'll probably spent the extra money to complete the system and use it and be happy.

I personally expect to receive what I purchase as it is advertised. I didn't get what was advertised and I should have, but it is nonetheless a good deal.

Not complaining? Ok, then my understanding all these years of what complaining is.... was WAY OFF. Dude, your hand has in NO WAY forced to spend more money to add to a system, YOU decided to purchase. No one is forcing you to go buy an x pipe. In fact, I'm sure Shelby would be happy to accept a return of your item for a refund, problem solved. But would you really return a $500-700 exhaust system, to get your $100 back? I tell you what, I'll give you your money back. Ship ME what you received and I'LL buy it from you what you paid for it. You get your money back... your hand is no longer forced... and I'll be happy as a clam to sell that system you have now for a several hundred dollar profit.

Bite the hand that feeds you ridiculous deals and that hand might stop feeding.

We shouldn't have to worry about not get the good deals in the basement because of this. The description should have been accurate before it it posted and then we wouldn't be having this problem good deal or not. Maybe something could be done from Shelby for the people that ordered it before the description was changed because I know they were still selling after that.

I don't disagree with you that in regular purchase circumstances, that is absolutely the proper way to handle this types of things. My point is that when you get something stupid cheap and you want the prospect of CONTINUING to get things stupid cheap (i.e. the future existence of the "basement"), I would be careful to be so critical. While I agree that the descriptions MAY have been inaccurate, I also do not want to drive Robert to the point where he says.... fine, no more basement. Besides, I'm sure if someone wanted to, they would be allowed to return the product they are now so disgusted with... But I wouldn't. Even what we DID receive, we paid about 25% of retail value for. It would be senseless to return it.

Not complaining? Ok, then my understanding all these years of what complaining is.... was WAY OFF. Dude, your hand has in NO WAY forced to spend more money to add to a system, YOU decided to purchase. No one is forcing you to go buy an x pipe. In fact, I'm sure Shelby would be happy to accept a return of your item for a refund, problem solved. But would you really return a $500-700 exhaust system, to get your $100 back? I tell you what, I'll give you your money back. Ship ME what you received and I'LL buy it from you what you paid for it. You get your money back... your hand is no longer forced... and I'll be happy as a clam to sell that system you have now for a several hundred dollar profit.

Bite the hand that feeds you ridiculous deals and that hand might stop feeding.

+1

best post that I have read in this topic since Robert announced the place. Atta boy JR, I am glad someone else gets it.

Steve, I think by addressing it the way you just did was what should have been done 2 weeks ago and this would have for the most part gone away (unless I missed it)? Tell us on the site that a mistake was made and what remedies are available to the people who are involved. Thats it, thats all that needed to happen. Most people would understand and be happy with it, but just letting it fester is not the way to go.

I think the basement is a great idea and will be exciting for your us, but if something goes wrong again (and it will) just let us know ASAP. We are adults and can handle it..

Thank you for providing us with the great products.

I will say once again this was a great deal, no doubt, but why do you think I purchaesd this knowing it was "too good to be true"? I didn't know until days after I bought it that there wasn't going to be an X pipe with it, as stated. I asked for clarification, via email, when it appeared the kit I bought may not include an X pipe and didn't get a response. I finally called and got confirmation it didn't include an X pipe. Also, for clarification, a correction wasn't made on the site because the kit sold out before a correcton could be made. When I called I was told a mistake was made and was also told I could get store credit for the mistake. I was also offered a return label if I wanted. I acknowledge there's really not much more I could ask for other than a response to my initial inquiry.

I don't know why I should not have believed the kit would not include what it said it would include? That deal as advertised was too good to be true, literally. I was annoyed I didn't get what it said I would get, but mistakes happen. As far the comment about my hand being forced, it was a figure of speech in the context of the deal as advertised being a steal. No, my hand was not forced. Also, I'm not bashing SPP and appreciate they way they handled the mistake when i called them.

I just picked up the 3" exhaust kit. Great price. Anyone know anything about it or have it?

Killer price! $129 for complete 3" cat back exhaust! Put it on with JBA catted X-pipe, sound viscious and makes power!

I will say once again this was a great deal, no doubt, but why do you think I purchaesd this knowing it was "too good to be true"? I didn't know until days after I bought it that there wasn't going to be an X pipe with it, as stated. I asked for clarification, via email, when it appeared the kit I bought may not include an X pipe and didn't get a response. I finally called and got confirmation it didn't include an X pipe. Also, for clarification, a correction wasn't made on the site because the kit sold out before a correcton could be made. When I called I was told a mistake was made and was also told I could get store credit for the mistake. I was also offered a return label if I wanted. I acknowledge there's really not much more I could ask for other than a response to my initial inquiry.

I don't know why I should not have believed the kit would not include what it said it would include? That deal as advertised was too good to be true, literally. I was annoyed I didn't get what it said I would get, but mistakes happen. As far the comment about my hand being forced, it was a figure of speech in the context of the deal as advertised being a steal. No, my hand was not forced. Also, I'm not bashing SPP and appreciate they way they handled the mistake when i called them.

I bought the same kit, also realized there was no X-Pipe. Even so it was such a good deal for what I got it didn't matter to me. $129 bucks, couldn't complain.

We'll be adding a new section to SPP later this week - most likely Wednesday (09 March). Within this section, you'll find awesome deals on surplus, discontinued parts, over-runs and take off parts.

The parts will be first come, first serve and will be added whenever parts come our way.

Shop Here

No more 07-09 GT500 take off wheels?

While the catted system was a great deal, a steal in fact, we didn't accurately identify what components came with the kit. After the first orders sold, we amended the description to state that an x-pipe was included when it was not. Our bad 100%

It's never our intention to misrepresent what we are offering and we apologize to anyone who is not happy with the system.

If anyone who purchased this system is not absolutely happy, please call us and we'll make up for it.

Archived