TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Team Shelby Ponies in the Poconos

GT50040th

Team Shelby is proud to announce Ponies in the Poconos as an official Team Shelby North East Region event.

The event will be held May 4th thru the 7th and will consist of two days of school and track time with a banquet and car show.

The event will be held at Pocono Speed Way and the banquet, car show and accommodations will be at held at the Chateau Resort and Conference Center in Tannersville, Pa.

The track event package will consist of:

 Welcome reception

 Performance driving clinic by Bertil Roos Professional Racing School

 Open track on Pocono Raceway with time slalom runs on the front stretch of Pocono

 Banquet dinner with guest speakers including Garry Patterson VP of operations for Shelby American

 Car Show with Lunch and Trophies

 Poker run cruise

 Goodie bag for all participants

For members not interested in track time there is a Friday thru Saturday car show only package available that will consist of:

 Banquet dinner with guest speakers including Garry Patterson VP of operations for Shelby America

 Car show with Lunch and Trophies

 Poker run cruise

 One goodie bag for each car entered

For more information and to register Click Here or go to: www.poniesintheponocos.com

See You in the Poconos!

We have four different packages so you should be able to find one thats just right for you.

How often do you get the opportunity to say you attended the very first "whatever"??? Ten or twenty years from now you will be able to look back and say "I attended the FIRST Ponies in the Poconos event" This event is the very first Official TS regional event, not just for the NE, but for ANY region!

Its going to be a great time and something you will remember for the rest of your life. Less than two months away now. I can hardly wait!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Shelby will be bringing their trailer to Ponoies In The Poconos to show off all the new cars for 2011

Test runs will be performed by Shelby and the media to see how great these new cars run get your chance to check them out :shift:

Don’t miss this historical first inaugural Team Shelby Event at Pocono Race Way

Shelby GT 500 031.jpg

Shelby GT 500 031.jpg

This will also probably be the largest gathering of new GT350's to date. We will have somewhere between two and ten (10!!!) depending on what everyone decides to bring.

There is also a good possibility that there will be a new Boss there as well as several Ford GT's.

Things are getting VERY exciting!!!! :happy feet:

Guys - This sounds like a fantastic event that you've set up for this year. Are you planning a Ponies in the Poconos event for 2012? I just ordered a new GT500 and it won't be delivered until June banghead.gif, but it will be well broken in for next year! dance.gifI would love to get it up to PA, get some instruction, and let that baby run! I'll be keeping an eye out for more info. Wishing you great success with the first one next month.

Too bad about your car not being here in time. :cry:

I would suggest that you look at the non-track package we have. It would let you come out and meet all the great people and get you a leg up on what to do when your car does come in.

Besides, you can do the poker run in any car.....

• 3 weeks later...

Ladies and gentleman, time to make your lists, pack your stuff, visualize the track, complete all your household chores, and dream of the smell of race fuel and smoldering tires. Ooooh, I gots da shivers just thinking about it all. Thanks for organizing this event for the rest of us.

Less then a week away now!! We will be prepping the Shelby trailer and test cars early next week as we to get ready for Pocono.

Team Shelby made Fast News from Ford this week in the club section for Ponies and Carlisle :happy feet:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Pocono :shift:

Getting ready.

Picked up the car today after getting some track prep done (fluid, seats, harnesses, clutch/flywheel, pulley, gears)

Stopped to see John Lund for a bit road course tuning.

Organizing and packing for the me and the car for the track is next but first a little phillies and a few adult beverages.

Sean, how many folks do you guys have registered?

We have added a guest speaker to Saturday night's banquet. John Clor VP of Marketing from Ford will be joining us to discuss some of the latest developments from Ford. :lurk:

John, :finger: . Its Friday night, unless you have scheduled another one that I dont know of. :hysterical:

Getting ready.

Picked up the car today after getting some track prep done (fluid, seats, harnesses, clutch/flywheel, pulley, gears)

Stopped to see John Lund for a bit road course tuning.

Organizing and packing for the me and the car for the track is next but first a little phillies and a few adult beverages.

Sean, how many folks do you guys have registered?

Excellent! Did you get the "cam" tune? :wub:

Well, are you asking how many people have ACTUALLY filled out a registration form and sent money or how many people have told me they will be there???

Looks like we will have plenty of room on Thursday but Friday is looking much more full, although we still have openings. I know a lot of people are last minute decisions, but that really causes havoc with getting everything planned out. :confused::hysterical:

John, :finger: . Its Friday night, unless you have scheduled another one that I dont know of. :hysterical:

Excellent! Did you get the "cam" tune? :wub:

Well, are you asking how many people have ACTUALLY filled out a registration form and sent money or how many people have told me they will be there???

Looks like we will have plenty of room on Thursday but Friday is looking much more full, although we still have openings. I know a lot of people are last minute decisions, but that really causes havoc with getting everything planned out. :confused::hysterical:

Did not get the ghost cam. Gotta leave your brother with something special. :headscratch: The biggest challenge of the week may be in seeing how much stuff I can cram into the car.

Did not get the ghost cam. Gotta leave your brother with something special. :headscratch: The biggest challenge of the week may be in seeing how much stuff I can cram into the car.

Let me know if you dont have enough room and have to leave something important behind like beer or dancing girls :hysterical:and I'll figure something out! :idea:

Or just make John Keller bring it up in his trailer.

Let me know if you dont have enough room and have to leave something important behind like beer or dancing girls :hysterical:and I'll figure something out! :idea:

Or just make John Keller bring it up in his trailer.

Thanks. John has offered to haul some stuff for me. I think I can pull it off since I could not source another set of wheels. Also, I am heading back to the track the following weekend with another group so I will not have time to get everything back from John in time. Also, I decided to just drive slow so I cannot wear out anything. :baby:

Live from the first Team Shelby Northeast Track event.

Everyone is having a blast tracking their cars on this beautiful day in Pocono Pa.

Car show and cruise scheduled for tomorrow come on out and join us.

IMG00576-20110506-1137.jpg

IMG00575-20110506-1136.jpg

Our event coordinators Sean, Warren and Jeff are doing a great job and having some fun too.

IMG00574-20110506-1134.jpg

IMG00576-20110506-1137.jpg

IMG00575-20110506-1136.jpg

IMG00574-20110506-1134.jpg

Archived