TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New to the Shelby scene

jmdoc66

I just picked up a 2007 SGT to play with in solo II and would like to know a couple things about available options for the cars in 2007.

The car has 20 inch razor wheels, and the big Brembo brakes on front.

any chance the wheels and brakes could have been ordered as options on the 2007 SGT?

Also, anyone know any history of this car, 07SGT4804 from Tennessee?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mike

the razors, yes, the brembos no...

BUT, not even sure the razors would be okay for solo, as they weren't a ford option, but AFTER buying the car from ford, you could have SAI do mods as long as your car was still there...

First congrats and welcome to the Shelby family.

There was a brake option between the stock brakes and BAER upgrade but I don't recall if they were Brembo's. I don't think they were, but I can't recall.

If they were Brembo's and SAI installed them before the car was delivered (as well as the wheels) then you should be able to enter the car as is (for F-Stock). I was told that even with the super charger installed, I would have been able to enter SOLO as F-Stock, but at the time Tasca had taken me from 500 HP to 513 HP so I had to enter as ASP (A street prepared). So I had all the options done at SAI (BAER brakes, super charger, brake ducts, 20" Razors and all other options) and that was still considered F Stock because it left the factory that way. But because Tasca took me to 564 HP then the clutch slipped so they pulled it down to 513 HP, that took me out of F Stock. I obviously could have then gone back to Tasca and have them put it back, but I didn't think it was fair so I kept ASP.

Good luck and keep us posted on your success with SOLO. Do some research on Sam Strano and check out his website. He's a great guy and won the first year with the SGT in SOLO. I hope to do some more this year but it is tough to get there all the time with my schedule.

Congrats on the Shelby and welcome.

Actually Sam is one of the reasons I bought the car.

I've raced solo for a while with a '84 Gt and more recently with my SVT focus, but I wanted to get into a class similar to my focus (J stock) but rear wheel drive. I'm kind of old school.

I narrowed it down to my favorite cars, Corvette, Mustang, miata (so many parts for these), and WRX.

The WRX wasn't as impressive as the others on a road course such as Sebring and Road Atlanta, plus it was a little too ricey for me.

I couldn't find a 2005 vette with the options I wanted in my price range

The miata is a great platform, but it's a little 'girly' when not on the track.

I did the research and the Shelby GT (and Sam Strano) kept popping up when it came to the stock classes and if I read it correctly, somewhere around 12+ of the top 20 at nationals last year were Shelby GTs in F-stock.

As for what is allowed and not allowed, I'll take the bigger brakes off and plan on going with Sams idea of lighter wheels and the huge Hoosiers when I get serious next year. The remainder of the this year is just getting used to the car and having fun.

Great plan. Yeah, that is pretty much what I did. I wanted to get serious my first year but couldn't make it to every event so I just made the best of it. Plus, since I was learning, I didn't really invest so I use the Razors. It wasn't the best at all with street tires but it was a lot of fun. In ASP here in Boston, I was going against guys who were doing it for 9 and 11 years so I knew that every lap meant that they would beat me by a few seconds. But it was great experience.

What color are your Razors, silver or Gun Metal? I can't tell from your avatar.

I know what Adam means, I wasn't able to make any autox's last year. Gonna try again this year!

Welcome to Team Shelby!!

Congrats on your new ride and welcome to Team Shelby. When you can, please take the time to visit the Registry link in my signature and update the registry information on your car. If you need assistance let me know.

Chris

The WRX wasn't as impressive as the others on a road course such as Sebring and Road Atlanta, plus it was a little too ricey for me.

I couldn't find a 2005 vette with the options I wanted in my price range

The miata is a great platform, but it's a little 'girly' when not on the track.

I did the research and the Shelby GT (and Sam Strano) kept popping up when it came to the stock classes and if I read it correctly, somewhere around 12+ of the top 20 at nationals last year were Shelby GTs in F-stock.

Oh, I like this guy!!!! :happy feet:

Welcome to TS!

<snip, snip>

As for what is allowed and not allowed, I'll take the bigger brakes off and plan on going with Sams idea of lighter wheels and the huge Hoosiers when I get serious next year. The remainder of the this year is just getting used to the car and having fun.

Sam Strano is the best reference you can have for Autocrossing an SGT.

To confirm, the "Biggie Brakes" and the 20" Razors you mentioned -are not- legal for SCCA Solo F-Stock because that equipment was not part of the SGT package/configuration sold by Ford. So you are stuck with the stock brakes and 18 X 8.5 with 50mm +/- .25-inch offset wheels. 18 X 8.5 wheels with a 45 - 50 mm offset are not very common but they're out there... recently "The Tire Rack" had some Kazeras with a reasonable price & weight and they usually have the black Ford Racing Wheels as well. For Autocross tires, 295 Hoosier R6's are a popular choice, but use care because they have a very small overall diameter which significantly decreases ride height.... front facia damage/scrapes is possible on a bumpy course/track.

Also, the SGT/SC cars -are not- legal for SCCA Solo F-Stock (from memory they go to a Modified Class) because the supercharger is definately not equipment found in the SGT package/configuration sold by Ford.

Have fun Autocrossing your SGT, they're a hoot to drive in that kind of venue.

Happy motoring,

Heya... Welcome! and PLEASE let me know FIRST and FOREMOST If you're Gun Metal Razors go up for sale... As many will attest, I've been searching for another pair or set for my rears... depending on what offset you have.

Cheers, JR

PS - POST MORE PICS!

I bought the car to race and to take out on nice days. But it's been hard to leave it in the garage.

This car is a lot more fun than our Saleen. I feel as if I need to 'baby' the saleen, but this car just begs to be driven hard.

Yeah it looks like the big brakes will have to go. So will the headers the original owner put on the car.

Thanks for the 'welcome' posts. You make a guy feel right at home.

Archived