TEAM SHELBY FORUM

race cars sponsored by shelby de mexico

jcbnova

• 1 month later...

jcbnova;...what you seek is hard to find, Shelby's group -2-...07 notch back, Don Pike, had the first one, then FORD had Shelby, build 20 more, in lots of 10...they seem to-be accounted for , . < Legend connection.org > they have the scoop... I have some old pic's in old books...hope this help's ron hile...

jcbnova;...what you seek is hard to find, Shelby's group -2-...07 notch back, Don Pike, had the first one, then FORD had Shelby, build 20 more, in lots of 10...they seem to-be accounted for , . < Legend connection.org > they have the scoop... I have some old pic's in old books...hope this help's ron hile...

Ron,

Do you recall what section of the "Legends Connections" site the Shelby De Mexico info can be found?

This is the only Mexican GT350 that I'm aware of.

Thanks for the info

No it wasnt a GT350 just a Mustang coupe that was raced with some sponsorship from Shelby de Mexico

I have a couple of photos of it racing in the era just wondering if there are anymore out there

Cheers JCB

JCB; Sorry. I haven't found it yet, In the MUSCLECAR book, by Tom Corcoran <title SHELBY MUSTANG> on pg's 100-101 is article Shelby de Mexico, some lead's, MOMO ROJAS. more lead's at.... www.bing.com/search?q=1966%20group%202%20shelby%20mustang&form=offliv hope this get's you started.GOOD LUCK!... I had an interest in these car's from the get-go, but little info on the 66 car's now, but that will change... Could you post your picture's. or hit me at mo.uvit@yahoo.com Thank's Ron Geeze-oh-pete the Fixer that R model w/GT exh. now that's some STYLE... mo.later ron

• 1 year later...

Jcbnova, are you referring to a 66 coupe/notchback that was raced from new 1966-73 under the Shelby banner by privateers. The car later returned to the States where it was campaigned and can be researched as the John Ruth car under the A/S and other notchback section on The unexpected Pony Site by Wolfgang Kohrn. Let me know if this is the car you are after as I know where it is.

Archived