TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Off road X-pipe install done

stevedm

Here are some pics from the lethal off road x-pipe install. The sound is awesome. I would highly encourage this mod if anyone wants to wake up the sound of their car. I cannot tell the diffrence between the H pipe and off road X except the loudness. Not over the top, just awesome. My 96 SVT had headers, an off road x pipe and flowmaster mufflers...it was obnoxious, this is very different. It now sounds like 550HP!

The stock H-pipe is heavy as sh**. I am sure there is a good weight difference.

IMG_7821.jpg

IMG_7824.jpg

IMG_7826.jpg

IMG_7832.jpg

IMG_7831.jpg

IMG_7830.jpg

IMG_7829.jpg

IMG_7841.jpg

IMG_7838.jpg

IMG_7837.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7834.jpg

Tip for you next time, that passenger O2 sensor can be a real PITA< but you can loosen the sensor and just remove it from the stock mid-pipe with the other end still connected, then when you reinstall, leave the wires twisted and just tighten it up. All the twists in the harness will come out when you re-install the O2 sensor in the new X-pipe. This is the way I have always did it on Mustangs, and have never had a issue with damaging a connector/O2 sensor/wires.

Tip for you next time, that passenger O2 sensor can be a real PITA< but you can loosen the sensor and just remove it from the stock mid-pipe with the other end still connected, then when you reinstall, leave the wires twisted and just tighten it up. All the twists in the harness will come out when you re-install the O2 sensor in the new X-pipe. This is the way I have always did it on Mustangs, and have never had a issue with damaging a connector/O2 sensor/wires.

Tried that but the angle and room was horrible. I started to strip the nut and stopped.

You are right ....PITA! My wife was under there for an hour with her small hands.

Archived