TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 GT500 Owners Certificates

bicarb6

I got my packet today. It comes with the certificate, a letter from ford performance, a vin decoder and a complete listing of the 2011 production of gt500...total 5100 produced

coupes 4150

convertibles 950...numbers add up to 5200????

there is an excellent breakdown by color and all the available options...very cool

SVTPP cars 3748

accent stripe delete 1926

no floor mats 24

vehicle cover 2506

colors

grabber blue 211.....171cp...40cv

whit 527...425cp...102cv

kona blue 718...587cp...131cv

red 1070...869cp...201cv

black 1803...1470cp...333cv

grey 492...410cp...82cv

silver 279....218cp...61cv

Kona Blue

whats the cp and cv stand for?

thanks

Got mine on order this morning. Shelby cert does not have Shelby sig, Ford cert does. Interesting.

The CS signature on the Ford certificate is printed. If you order the Shelby certificate, you have the option [for a charitable donation] to request his actual, handwritten signature on it. He signs above the other two signatures, and along with it in a very nice presentation folder comes a certificate of authenticity of his signature. A very nice complement to the Great Man's signature on your dash plaque.

Package arrived yesterday, ordered on the 7th, didn't charge me for postage ??

Ordered this for the MY breakdown, hoping to find out how many cars like mine were built. They send a production breakdown, but you are unable to draw any conclusions using the data. Called the 800 # hoping to get more info, guy asked for the last 6 digits of my VIN, put me on hold, came back on & said that they couldn't break it down any further !!

I find it hard to beleive a co. the size of Ford, doesn't have it's product line broken down to the last nut & bolt, including where each nut & bolt went. Maybe I was expecting too much, but had read threads on this site giving a much better MY breakdown in previous years.

As a follow-up, I e-mailed " sales & marketing ", gave them my VIN along with all the order codes off the paperwork I got from the dealer........................Somebody @ Ford has this answer !!

At this point, it seems like a waste of $ 45.00.

I was also disappointed in the break down.. I was hoping to find out how unique my specific build was, but I'm happy to have the cert. I'll try to attach some photos of what $45 gets you.

5535333195_eeffa4ee90.jpg

5535916182_dd30dee8ec.jpg

It also gets you a VIN break down, but I'm having trouble with the upload of that image...

Sure would like to see a bigger pic of the break down because it looks a lot better than the 2010 break down when I got my cert.

what specific information were you looking for? I got my package today and it seems to have quite a bit if info on that spreadsheet.

Looking @ the MY sheet, I can determine the following:

1470 - black coupes

225 - with the glass roof

43 - 85R red stripe color code............................What can't be figured out is, " how many coupes, black, red stripe, glass roof were made ".....there are too many other options, combination of options, & deletions to break it down. However, Ford must have this data somewhere, some program search would give that answer..

Looking @ the MY sheet, I can determine the following:

1470 - black coupes

225 - with the glass roof

43 - 85R red stripe color code............................What can't be figured out is, " how many coupes, black, red stripe, glass roof were made ".....there are too many other options, combination of options, & deletions to break it down. However, Ford must have this data somewhere, some program search would give that answer..

I get what you are saying. That is odd that they can't get that information.

I wonder how (burningblue?) got his information. His had an amazing breakdown. The info he gave for my car was a bit off from what Ford said though. Ford said I have #41 and Blue said I had #69. I thought that was a bit strange. If anything, I figured it would be the other direction where I had a higher number car.

I get what you are saying. That is odd that they can't get that information.

I wonder how (burningblue?) got his information. His had an amazing breakdown. The info he gave for my car was a bit off from what Ford said though. Ford said I have #41 and Blue said I had #69. I thought that was a bit strange. If anything, I figured it would be the other direction where I had a higher number car.

The difference is probably Burning Blue IV counted pre-production cars and Ford is not including them for the certificate.

I just ordered mine... heres what i learned

The 2011 Certs just became available on Friday March 4th, 2011.

I called 1 800 367 3788 selected option 1 and spoke with a person.

He told me it was $45 for the Cert. I told him I heard of this online at TeamShelby.com and he said that I did qualify for the 15% discount.

Charged $38.25 to my credit card and the certificates ship every Monday. He said it should only take a week or so to be delivered.

My Cobra is #671 of the 950 convertibles made.. and the 94th Kona Blue and was made on August 24th, 2010.

He also said the certificate comes with an excel spreadsheet which has a large list of production numbers that mentions every option.

Just ordered mine this way, THANKS!

#104 of 950 verts

#10 of 131 Kona Blue verts. Built April 13

Just ordered mine this way, THANKS!

#104 of 950 verts

#10 of 131 Kona Blue verts. Built April 13

well for some reason or another i couldnt order one for my 11 shelby iam going to try again mabe if i call the number thats on here

well for some reason or another i couldnt order one for my 11 shelby iam going to try again mabe if i call the number thats on here

just ordered my cert the morning cant wait to see it the guy on the phone was very nice an helpful number is coming on the build sheet

post-32532-0-00561200-1300903064_thumb.jpg

post-32532-0-00561200-1300903064_thumb.jpg

There isn't a code/secret handshake... :D you just call them up and say I want the TeamShelby.com discount.

The Ford Racing page said you had to be member of one of their associate clubs (which Team Shelby is) so I *assumed* that they would ask me for my Team Shelby Club number....

No?

Phill

I called 1 800 367 3788 selected option 1 and spoke with a person.

He told me it was $45 for the Cert. I told him I heard of this online at TeamShelby.com and he said that I did qualify for the 15% discount... that was it

Sucks to have to talk to a human on the phone just to get a discount especially when they have the option of entering it in a box online. It seems it is super secret squirrel $hit. I swear every time I order something over the phone it gets messed up one way or another. I feel so much more confident in the orders I place online since it always crystal clear instructions right on a screen and not some garbled cell phone conversation where so much can go wrong. I was also going to order more but there's now way I'm going to place a 5 item order over a cell phone and just hope they get it right.

Sucks to have to talk to a human on the phone just to get a discount especially when they have the option of entering it in a box online. It seems it is super secret squirrel $hit. I swear every time I order something over the phone it gets messed up one way or another. I feel so much more confident in the orders I place online since it always crystal clear instructions right on a screen and not some garbled cell phone conversation where so much can go wrong. I was also going to order more but there's now way I'm going to place a 5 item order over a cell phone and just hope they get it right.

I agree with you BigDan, why Ford wants people to read a 17 digit VIN number over the phone I have no idea. And like you mentioned they have a promo code box right there on their website so why they want to force owners to call them makes no sense to me. But on the other hand I suppose if you have a problem its always good to be able to talk to someone live.

Steve

yea when I picked up my 2012 Shelby GT500 I was disappointed I didn't get a certificate from Shelby or SVT. But either way I LOVE the car and I may look into getting a certificate later this year.

it was real simple when i ordered mine over the phone talk to a guy an he ask me for the last four of the vin an pulled up my build an its on its way

When does 12 owners register?

Thanks

They have to wait until the 2012 production run is complete otherwise they can't say "This vehicle is build number 212 out of.......uhhh, however many vehicles we end up building in 2012."

And it appears the end of a given production run is based on consumer demand. If they're sellin' like hotcakes, they'll keep buildin' them until the day the next MY production run starts and they have to change their line over.

At least that's how the last couple of years seemed to have been.

Phill

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived