TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Front License Plate Bracket

petsn8ke

Does anyone know where I can find a front license plate bracket that I do not have to put holes in the bumper? Any info on the front brackets would be great. I was told that in Virginia you have to have both plates on before the dealer will pass it for inspection. Do not know if that is true or not but will find out.

Does anyone know where I can find a front license plate bracket that I do not have to put holes in the bumper? Any info on the front brackets would be great. I was told that in Virginia you have to have both plates on before the dealer will pass it for inspection. Do not know if that is true or not but will find out.

Just wedge the license plate in the bottom right hand side of your drivers window. I put some rubber stoppers on the front of it so it wouldn't rattle against the glass.

Front plate - equipped

Horrible hole in bumper - Avoided

No ugly plate in front - Accomplished

Front license plates are such a bullshit rule anyway. I'd challenge any cop or judge to read off the license plate of an oncoming car at highway speeds.

Complete idiocy.

It's easy to install. 1st drink yourself stupid, I chose rum :wacko: then grab a drill with a 3/16 bit drill the holes install the plate. :angry2:

At first the plate looks like a bill board on the front of your Shelby. It gets better as time goes by. You can always fill the holes and restripe the front.

Don't give the cops a reason to pull you over. Trust me they will pick your car out of a pack. What if you just had a beer or 2 with dinner????

I know it sucks.

The front plate display requirements vary by state...they should be pretty easy to find on line in most states. Here is California's code....mounting on the dash/windshield won't work. I think I'm going to go with some black velcro...it won't be very noticeable.

5200. (a) When two license plates are issued by the department for

use upon a vehicle, they shall be attached to the vehicle for which

they were issued, one in the front and the other in the rear.

5201. License plates shall at all times be securely fastened to the

vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from

swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible,

and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible.

The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor

more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate

shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground, except as

follows: (...a bunch of exceptions for tow trucks, hauling waste, tractor trailers, etc...)

Archived