TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby grill letters

Won't work, the pins are not long enough to protrude through the billet grille. You could always try to get the stick on ones, however you will probably want to paint the grille black so that you will be able to see them.

Chris

• 4 weeks later...

Yo, I just got that black stealth CS6 Grille with the SHELBY chromed letters kit. The letters have those pins on the back and then it comes with a metal template. No offense to Shelby Performance Parts (where I purchased from) but the letters and pins were WORTHLESS! You cannot and I repeat CANNOT get those pins to line up and go through that grille. And even if they did line up and go thjrough the pins are not long enough and the the little things that slide onto the pins don't even fit correctly. Some of the most poorly developed and advertised pieces that I have ever bought. I am one of the most meticulous and anal car guys you will ever meet and after several very thought out attempts it just wasn't goingt o work. I also broke off one of the pins from a letter because it was slightly bent from trying to install and when I gave it a little tweak back it snapped right off.

They made it right though and sent me and extra set of the same chromed Scott Drake letters with 3M tape on the back of the letters. But, I don't think the tape is thick or strong enough to mount on the front grille where the surface area is not 100% (because it is like a crosshatched mesh style) and the high engine heat. The letters that they sent me with the 3M tape are really for the trunk lid. So I took needle nose pliers and snapped off the remaining worthless pins. I then filed down the little nibs on the back of the letters to make them flush. Since I am now having my 2008 Shelby GT warranty work done to the hood scoop and stripes the Ford Dealership body guys said briong in my letters and they will attach their special 3M sutomotive sticky back tape to them. I then will take an Xacto knife and carefully cut off the excess. I have done it before. If you are meticulous it looks pro. Dana

Yo, I just got that black stealth CS6 Grille with the SHELBY chromed letters kit. The letters have those pins on the back and then it comes with a metal template. No offense to Shelby Performance Parts (where I purchased from) but the letters and pins were WORTHLESS! You cannot and I repeat CANNOT get those pins to line up and go through that grille. And even if they did line up and go thjrough the pins are not long enough and the the little things that slide onto the pins don't even fit correctly. Some of the most poorly developed and advertised pieces that I have ever bought. I am one of the most meticulous and anal car guys you will ever meet and after several very thought out attempts it just wasn't goingt o work. I also broke off one of the pins from a letter because it was slightly bent from trying to install and when I gave it a little tweak back it snapped right off.

They made it right though and sent me and extra set of the same chromed Scott Drake letters with 3M tape on the back of the letters. But, I don't think the tape is thick or strong enough to mount on the front grille where the surface area is not 100% (because it is like a crosshatched mesh style) and the high engine heat. The letters that they sent me with the 3M tape are really for the trunk lid. So I took needle nose pliers and snapped off the remaining worthless pins. I then filed down the little nibs on the back of the letters to make them flush. Since I am now having my 2008 Shelby GT warranty work done to the hood scoop and stripes the Ford Dealership body guys said briong in my letters and they will attach their special 3M sutomotive sticky back tape to them. I then will take an Xacto knife and carefully cut off the excess. I have done it before. If you are meticulous it looks pro. Dana

I had the same issue when I ordered the CS8 grill and the pinned letters just didn't work. I tried super glue but it still didn't look right. Solution: I ordered the rear deck lid template for the SGT lettering which is is easier to lay out on the grill and ordered the letters with 3m adhesive. The results look great and so far the letters have stayed on through rain, snow, heat, car washes etc.

I had to return a couple of cracked grills, the template had the wrong hole size indicated, the letters didn't line up, hood issues, fascia issues....

Just let me say, your lucky you only bought the grill...or meticulous would have turned OCD..

• 5 weeks later...

I finally saw my Shelby w/ just the black grille and it does look awesome! But that was the day I went to pick it up from the Ford Dealership. I then looked down at the bottom of the front painted fascia and noticed that they had run the car into a curb or parking strip! Scratched and gouged up, I was pissed! I just pointed it out, said fix it and left the car with them. Unbelievable. Damn monkeys!

Here is how the CS8 Grille looks without the chromed SHELBY letters. I will post another picture once I get the letters applied.

Dana, you didn't quite upload that right. The img tags is used to URL based pictures. Alternatively, you can use the full reply box and upload the file.

Greg

Hi Greg, yes I realize I didn't upload it correctly. I am in Seattle traveling home to Walla Walla and will give another shot. I tried to upload the other way and it said my file was too large. Thanks, Dana

Archived