TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TVS Upgrade

Being in the UK I won't be able to easily get an authorised Shelby Mod shop upgrade. If I buy the FRPP TVS from another supplier, will it matter and can I add the upgrade to the registry. Or do I have to get everything through Shelby ?

I am slowly trying to add all the Shelby KR stuff (coil covers, guage pack, sill plates etc.) to build up to the Upfitter package. Does this make sense ?

Kind Regards

Alex

Alex: This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I also wanted to do the upfitter package. I live on the east coast. Shelby is on the West coast. They couldn't be further away from me in the conntinental USA. SAI is the only place you can get the upfitter kit. Period. It can not be done at Mod Shops. I have a mod shop about 4 hours from me. Its of no use. SAI is just too far away from me.

My feeling was that if I can't get the Shelby upfitter certificate and registered as a upfitted KR I wasn't going to spend the $$$ on the parts and "do it myself" as it would not add as much value or any value beyond the used value of the parts to the car.

I concluded its best to leave the KR stock in light of their very limited build numbers unless you can get it upfitted by SAI and therefore registered as an upfitted KR.

I'd love to add a TVS etc...I was even going to put Kooks long tubes on. Even bought them. Then sold them when I again decided to keep the KR stock.

It is plenty fast as is. At least for me.

My take for what its worth.

The KR is fast enough until you put on the TVS. Then your smile gets a whole lot bigger each time you open her up. Definitely, the way the KR should have came. Plus I can take the TVS off and put on the stock one on in under 3 hours.

I think Joe should answer the question about whether you can update the registry with upgrades. I heard that you could, but haven't seen a place to do it on the registry.

http://registry.teamshelby.com/register_edit2.asp

I think you can update your own registry at this link. If the link doesn't work, go to team shelby forums, http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/, and scroll down to registry. I'm assuming once you are there, the link saying, "Update your Registry", is where you would put in your mods.

Hope it helps!

Alex: This is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions.

I also wanted to do the upfitter package. I live on the east coast. Shelby is on the West coast. They couldn't be further away from me in the conntinental USA. SAI is the only place you can get the upfitter kit. Period. It can not be done at Mod Shops. I have a mod shop about 4 hours from me. Its of no use. SAI is just too far away from me.

My feeling was that if I can't get the Shelby upfitter certificate and registered as a upfitted KR I wasn't going to spend the $$$ on the parts and "do it myself" as it would not add as much value or any value beyond the used value of the parts to the car.

I concluded its best to leave the KR stock in light of their very limited build numbers unless you can get it upfitted by SAI and therefore registered as an upfitted KR.

I'd love to add a TVS etc...I was even going to put Kooks long tubes on. Even bought them. Then sold them when I again decided to keep the KR stock.

It is plenty fast as is. At least for me.

My take for what its worth.

did you call Tasca?

You can update the registry with any parts you add including cosmetic parts. Very simply, my point is its not an "Upfitted" KR unless done at Shelby. KRs can't be upfitted with the official an upfitter package except at SAI in Las Vegas. Period. Its not an official "Upfitted" KR unless done at SAI. There are separate Shelby certificates for officially upfitted KRs.

You can update the registry with any parts you add including cosmetic parts. Very simply, my point is its not an "Upfitted" KR unless done at Shelby. KRs can't be upfitted with the official an upfitter package except at SAI in Las Vegas. Period. Its not an official "Upfitted" KR unless done at SAI. There are separate Shelby certificates for officially upfitted KRs.

Thanks and this is a very important point. Before I got the chance to get hold of the KR I mulled over whether to get the GT 500 and upgrade the car as things developed versus buying a limited edition car with parts which were not easily obtainable elsewhere with Shelby title. The GT 500 upgrade approach is also a very attractive proposition which many of our fellow TS owners have done - you just have to look at the GT 500 part of the forum to see many fantastic examples of just what is possible and I just wish I had the funds to have both.

Never mind, its all good :shift:

Kind Regards

Alex

Archived