TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Methanol Injection?

alaska

My oldest son was asking me today if anyone was running a methanol injection system on there shelby? we only have 90 oct here in Alaska so I had been using Torco for my tune but with a methanol injection it would be on hand when needed I would just have to set the tune then flip the switch, he also said there were previous problems with engine melt down but now they have fail safe modes to shut down before melt down. Anyone running one of these or have any knowledge?

I ran Snow's stage 3 boost cooler kit on my supercharged 3V for awhile. After swapping from a Paxton to a Whipple, however, I haven't gotten around to getting it re-installed.

Talk to the guy's the build the kits. You'll get a TON of misinformation on any given internet forums regarding the use of water/meth. When using a legit kit from a well known company and properly installing it, you'll have zero issues. There are several fail safe systems available also.

Meth is the perfect solution for those not only wanting to increase the octane rating of their fuel a seriously significant amount (115+), but also for those wanting to significantly lower their intake air temp (by up to 100*F). The method has been around since WWII, by the way. It works outstandingly well. Good luck.

I ran Snow's stage 3 boost cooler kit on my supercharged 3V for awhile. After swapping from a Paxton to a Whipple, however, I haven't gotten around to getting it re-installed.

Talk to the guy's the build the kits. You'll get a TON of misinformation on any given internet forums regarding the use of water/meth. When using a legit kit from a well known company and properly installing it, you'll have zero issues. There are several fail safe systems available also.

Meth is the perfect solution for those not only wanting to increase the octane rating of their fuel a seriously significant amount (115+), but also for those wanting to significantly lower their intake air temp (by up to 100*F). The method has been around since WWII, by the way. It works outstandingly well. Good luck.

Thanks I was just checking out the snow system I see they have one for the gt500

Archived