TEAM SHELBY FORUM

MISSING: Fellow Mustanger AND Car Missing

07SGT5687

This is probably a long shot but today a saw a car that looks just like the one in the picture. I have seen a few orange with black stripes,but this was the first with that color combination

Thats why this car caught my eye. I did not see the license # and did not see the front end.

I know this does not help a whole lot but i will keep my eyes open for this car.

PS The car that i saw was in New Orleans

This is probably a long shot but today a saw a car that looks just like the one in the picture. I have seen a few orange with black stripes,but this was the first with that color combination

Thats why this car caught my eye. I did not see the license # and did not see the front end.

I know this does not help a whole lot but i will keep my eyes open for this car.

PS The car that i saw was in New Orleans

If you have a minute, hit the link and go the FB page they've set up to track and sitings. Thanks, JR

FYI Clark contacted the Authorities in Ventura Ca. and is no longer considered missing. this was posted on FaceBook this morning

JIM

Good news that he's ok but who ever posted the information on FB saying that the Ventura County Sheriffs Department will impound his car for expired tags is quite mistaken. The most that would be done is a ticket would be issued for expired tags but even that I highly doubt for a out of state registration.

Steve

Sounds like the poor guy needs me to cheer him up !!!!! But really nice it turned out ok thats what I use to do when stressed or pissed go for a long ride. I remember once coming home from 4x12 took the usual route thru NJ to staten island but some how ended up in Delaware. Now all I have to do is take 2 little pills and off to dream world plus the savings on gas you can't beat it. :hysterical: The wife has slipped them in with my regular meds when I'm crabby and gets to laugh at my drooling :rant2:

But these site do help to get the word out so keep me in mind if I go missing but first check the trunk of the wife car for me !!!

Sounds like the poor guy needs me to cheer him up !!!!! But really nice it turned out ok thats what I use to do when stressed or pissed go for a long ride. I remember once coming home from 4x12 took the usual route thru NJ to staten island but some how ended up in Delaware. Now all I have to do is take 2 little pills and off to dream world plus the savings on gas you can't beat it. :hysterical: The wife has slipped them in with my regular meds when I'm crabby and gets to laugh at my drooling :rant2:

But these site do help to get the word out so keep me in mind if I go missing but first check the trunk of the wife car for me !!!

No problem what does she drive ?:hysterical:

Good news that he's ok but who ever posted the information on FB saying that the Ventura County Sheriffs Department will impound his car for expired tags is quite mistaken. The most that would be done is a ticket would be issued for expired tags but even that I highly doubt for a out of state registration.

Steve

Steve,

In California the LEO's *CAN* impound a vehicle with expired registration. Not necessarily *WILL*, but they certainly CAN (and often, DO).

It's a fairly recent law (probably a year or two old) but I know for fact that they *will* impound it if they want to..it gives them the opportunity to, if they so desire.

I think the original intent of the law was directed more towards the street racers that are bringing out full-on race cars and racing them on the street (back farm roads in the Ag areas) but I know of others that HAVE had their cars impounded because the cops were being assholes (or they were being assholes to the cops).

No, they don't typically drive around looking for expired tags so they can tow cars off but if they can use it to their advantage, they WILL.

Having said that, *I* have never had one towed for expired reg. but I personally know of 2 or 3 (hell, now that I think about it, more than that) that have had their cars IMPOUNDED (not just *towed*) for expired tags. EXPIRED, being the key word (not just missing, placed in the wrong corner, etc, but EXPIRED).

Phill (Born & raised in Cali, recenlty transplanted to COLO)

Steve

We in NYPD can also impound a car for inspection and regirstration you can in NY get arrested for the registration its a great way to shout a loud mouth up. A lot of people reg their cars out of state when they live in NY. Its insurance fraud I always give one warning for them to correct it then I tow and impound the car. But the cops in this situation figured he wasn't in best of mind and towed it for his safety. Most cops in that situation also will see if they can help him out

P.S I also notified their insurance company always goes over good with the owner when he has to pay out the difference

Archived