TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Question on ordering a 2012

350GT'12

When I chose a white convertible with grabber blue stripes, I am unable to add the SVT performance package. Does anyone know why this is? Seems the performance package comes with red stripes. Doesn't make sense to me. Is there a way around this. I want the blue stripes with the SVT performance package. :rant2:

Suggestions or explanations appreciated.

When I chose a white convertible with grabber blue stripes, I am unable to add the SVT performance package. Does anyone know why this is? Seems the performance package comes with red stripes. Doesn't make sense to me. Is there a way around this. I want the blue stripes with the SVT performance package. :rant2:

Order a stripe delete SVTPPcar and then go down to your local dealership and order the Grabber Stripes and have them professionally installed. That is what I did on my '11. I also ordered the front seat covers with the proper stripes and had them installed. I did not worry about the rear seat stripes. It will cost you about $2000 for the parts plus install, hope this helps, regards, denohew

Order a stripe delete SVTPPcar and then go down to your local dealership and order the Grabber Stripes and have them professionally installed. That is what I did on my '11. I also ordered the front seat covers with the proper stripes and had them installed. I did not worry about the rear seat stripes. It will cost you about $2000 for the parts plus install, hope this helps, regards, denohew Sorry for the duplicate post!!!

Good advice.

I guess the other option would be to go without the SVT. That would save me the 4 grand of the SVT, plus the 2 grand for doing it with stripe delete, then ordering stripes and having them installed. That's a big 6 grand right there for the SVT with the color combo I want. I will be using the vehicle for pleasure driving and not for track racing/driving. Any one have some sage advice as to whether the SVT with stripe delete and stripe order installation given my projected use of the vehicle? Is the SVT really worth all that??

Good advice.

I guess the other option would be to go without the SVT. That would save me the 4 grand of the SVT, plus the 2 grand for doing it with stripe delete, then ordering stripes and having them installed. That's a big 6 grand right there for the SVT with the color combo I want. I will be using the vehicle for pleasure driving and not for track racing/driving. Any one have some sage advice as to whether the SVT with stripe delete and stripe order installation given my projected use of the vehicle? Is the SVT really worth all that??

Depends...I think the only real difference is the wheels and the differential to make up for the 20" wheels on the back. Everthing else you could do yourself, probably better, with the saved 6 G's.

Have you seen the white w/ svt red stripes in person? I never saw the silver w/ svt colorado red stripes in person and now that I have I almost wish I wouldn't of ordered the stripe delete. I also didn't plan on svt stripe delete silver being such a popular color this year because it the was second most rare color combo on coupes in 2010. I suggest you get the grabber blue with the white svt stripes, otherwise spend the $2,000 on getting the color stripes you want like I'm considering doing a one of one custom stripe combo, but then it wouldn't bend into everyday traffic which was one of the main reason why I ordered stripe delete. Heck its cheaper then the NAV option...

Have you seen the white w/ svt red stripes in person? I never saw the silver w/ svt colorado red stripes in person and now that I have I almost wish I wouldn't of ordered the stripe delete. I also didn't plan on svt stripe delete silver being such a popular color this year because it the was second most rare color combo on coupes in 2010. I suggest you get the grabber blue with the white svt stripes, otherwise spend the $2,000 on getting the color stripes you want like I'm considering doing a one of one custom stripe combo, but then it wouldn't bend into everyday traffic which was one of the main reason why I ordered stripe delete. Heck its cheaper then the NAV option...

My local dealer in Wisconsin had a silver coupe with red SVT stripes, and I agree with you, the look was stunning. I built the grabber blue with svt white stripes and think that is the route I will probably go. Thanks for the advice. I am getting a Kona Blue GT350 and hope that the Kona and Grabber together don't clash. They won't be on the road together, but they will be in my garage!

My local dealer in Wisconsin had a silver coupe with red SVT stripes, and I agree with you, the look was stunning. I built the grabber blue with svt white stripes and think that is the route I will probably go. Thanks for the advice. I am getting a Kona Blue GT350 and hope that the Kona and Grabber together don't clash. They won't be on the road together, but they will be in my garage!

350GT'12,

WOW... Congratulations and welcome to Team Shelby. You will have one heck of a stable there! :superhero:

This topic has come up before regarding limited stripe options when ordering the SVT PP.

It essentially comes down to a branding issue.

I believe that it is related to the fact that, while the official color of Ford is blue, the official color of SVT is RED!

Therefore we speculated that to denote that the car was equipped with the SVT PP, all the SVT stripes would be available in red only, with the sole exception of Grabber blue only being available with the white SVT stripes (it was further speculated that Ford felt that the Grabber blue with red SVT stripes combo was deemed an unfavorable color combination that would likely not sell well and thus the exception for white was made - oh and no offense to Denohew, and others, who may have this color combo).

This "branding" is seen again with the fact that many of the SVT PP components are red also (see the shocks, struts and other suspension components).

Hope that helps.

-Pockdog

P.S. Congrats on your purchase(s).

post-26242-0-01459200-1299235226_thumb.jpg

post-26242-0-94585200-1299235246_thumb.jpeg

post-26242-0-01459200-1299235226_thumb.jpg

post-26242-0-94585200-1299235246_thumb.jpeg

Good advice.

I have a 2011 non-SVTPP and am COMPLETELY satisfied with the ride comfort and handling. You indicate yours will be a pleasure driver. I would STONGLY recommend you delete the SVTPP. I've ridden in a SVTPP 2011 and it's noticeable stiffer and more harsh then the non-SVTPP. Several owners have complained that they wish they hadn't ordered it. Some have even retro-fitted the stock suspension which was costly, but worth it to them. Save your money and get the stripes you want.

This topic has come up before regarding limited stripe options when ordering the SVT PP.

It essentially comes down to a branding issue.

I believe that it is related to the fact that, while the official color of Ford is blue, the official color of SVT is RED!

Therefore we speculated that to denote that the car was equipped with the SVT PP, all the SVT stripes would be available in red only, with the sole exception of Grabber blue only being available with the white SVT stripes (it was further speculated that Ford felt that the Grabber blue with red SVT stripes combo was deemed an unfavorable color combination that would likely not sell well and thus the exception for white was made - oh and no offense to Denohew, and others, who may have this color combo).

This "branding" is seen again with the fact that many of the SVT PP components are red also (see the shocks, struts and other suspension components).

Hope that helps.

-Pockdog

P.S. Congrats on your purchase(s).

You forgot about the red with white SVT stripes, which seems to be their flagship color combo for GT500's as its always the color of their press launch car.

Some have even retro-fitted the stock suspension which was costly, but worth it to them. Save your money and get the stripes you want.

Really, how many member's have made the switch and is their PP suspension for sale? You'd think they just would of found a non PP member to switch with and spend zero dollars.

Wow, that surprises me also that some folks went from SVT PP suspension components to the non-SVT PP parts. I ordered my 2011 GT500 without the SVT PP, but that was solely for cosmetic purposes (sad, but true), and I mentally justified it since it is a daily driver (didnt need the lighter wheels, stiffer suspension, or 373 rear). Now the mod bug has bitten me, and the car is currently getting the 2.9 Whipple, AR longtubes, Tasca TB, and the FRPP handling pack (once it is available). Therefore, if there are others that are looking for the stock non SVT PP suspension components, I expect to have them in the coming weeks. I'll probably post something in the for sale section once I have possession of all the take-off parts (along with pre- and post-mod dyno charts).

Mike

I ordered my 2011 GT500 without the SVT PP, but that was solely for cosmetic purposes (sad, but true)

:chairshot:

LOL j/k

Black w/ SVT red is the most bad ass of all color combo's and you could of always peeled off the thin stripes and replaced them with the fat ones and enjoyed the rest of the PP benefits and sold the rims/ tires for $3k+ if you just could stand the look of a black PP. I ordered it with because I didn't/ don't have all the extra cash on hand to pay for all the custom more personal mod's needed to equal the PP. Sure I would of bought the non PP if I had the bank roll to buy my own rim's, tire's, springs, shocks, struts, sway bar's, bushing's, panhard, upper/ lower control arms and gear's. That would be a better more unique car but I just knew ahead of time I couldn't afford all of that plus even more $$$ for the additional power mods I knew I'd want. Either way you have one nice GT500 and its always cool to see a built up personalized non PP since it seems like everyone has PP's.

You forgot about the red with white SVT stripes, which seems to be their flagship color combo for GT500's as its always the color of their press launch car.

Ah yes, thank you BigDan, I forgot that one, it was mighty late when I posted.

Of course I leave out the most obvious combination, as, well, red stripes on a red car probably would not look so good... headscratch.gif

-Pockdog

Archived