TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Manual 06 GT-H ?

2+2

Are there any manual transmission 06 GT-H that exist? I found one for sale that has a Shelby dash plaque that says it is built by Hadden Motorsports. The seller says it was built after the run of 500 for sale to public and sactioned by Shelby Automobiles and built for Shelby Auto.. The seller also states it was used by exectutives. This car looks very very much like a real deal GT-H and I can not see why anyone would go through so much trouble to build one. Anyone know or heard anything about this? What do you think?

Are there any manual transmission 06 GT-H that exist? I found one for sale that has a Shelby dash plaque that says it is built by Hadden Motorsports. The seller says it was built after the run of 500 for sale to public and sactioned by Shelby Automobiles and built for Shelby Auto.. The seller also states it was used by exectutives. This car looks very very much like a real deal GT-H and I can not see why anyone would go through so much trouble to build one. Anyone know or heard anything about this? What do you think?

Please email Steven Thornton at Shelby American, his email address is StevenT@ShelbyAmerican.com He should be able to help you out.

Chris

Wrong, wrong, wrong. There were no 06 GT-H's built by Hadden Motorsports!!!!!!

Yes, there were indeed 4 manual 06 GT-H's built but they were all built by Shelby so the one built by Hadden Motorsports is a FAKE!!

QSS

Yes, there were indeed 4 manual 06 GT-H's built but they were all built by Shelby so the one built by Hadden Motorsports is a FAKE!!

QSS

What he said!!! Yes there are 4 real ones, all built in Las Vegas. This does not sound like one of them. The clue would be, "built after the run of 500". Nope, sorry, that is where it ended.

QSS

He is correct ..... and he should know he has a 2007 GT-H stick!!!!

He is asking less than most auto trans SGT-H cars, but it has high miles. I am sure now, it is not for real. But you should hear the story this used car dealer has. Sounds very convincing and I think he believes the story he was told about how Shelby American had some cars built by outside contractors. Just think what it will be like 50 years from now trying to document a car.. Hope Shelby keeps good records.

He is asking less than most auto trans SGT-H cars, but it has high miles. I am sure now, it is not for real. But you should hear the story this used car dealer has. Sounds very convincing and I think he believes the story he was told about how Shelby American had some cars built by outside contractors. Just think what it will be like 50 years from now trying to document a car.. Hope Shelby keeps good records.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

QSS

You can search for the car on one of the major used car web sites. It is in the Southeast. Call them and get the story first hand, it was kind of fun to hear. Just goes to show how important the registry is. I thought i had a big time find. The dealer is not asking much more than what a standard Mustang GT would cost, so someone will not get burned . It is just that he is saying its real that gets you upset.

Now watch it turn out to be the lost one of one 06 1/2' SGT-SuperH concept/executive car that turned up missing.. Oh well.

You really had to make me search? :) Ok, here it is. It is bad..... geez, totally wrong color stipes, take a look at the Hertz emblems, missing wing, wrong parts all over this thing. Shelby side stripes are all wrong. The brake sticker in the interior is from 1966. Totally wrong. Would make a nice driver, after taking off all the fake stuff. Wow... somebody sold these guys a line!!

Ok, that's fine. I re-saved some of the pics to my photobucket and these pics have no reference to the seller nor in the background. These ok? At least the plaque clearly states "06GTH Replica" This way nobody else has to search to see what this thing looks like. If you want to remove this post, that is fine, I'll post these later when you say it's ok.

103864.jpg

103864_06.jpg

103864_07.jpg

103864_08.jpg

103864_.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just got off the phone with the new owner, yup new owner. The dealership found someone who fell for their story and wrote the dealer a check for $15,000 this past weekend.

Monday phone calls at Shelby American are always interesting. From people wanting to verify the "original" Cobra they just bought for $25k to a guy that swears he found a "prototype" GT40 in a barn. You know those GT40's that came with a VW engine.

Steve

So the new owner actually thought that this was an actual Shelby? It even says "replica" on the dash. Oh well. At $15K he did get a pretty good deal on a nice GT. There was a ton of money spent on that car. Not a Shelby, but he did get a pretty nice car. Just need to take all the Shelby stuff off of it. Feel sorry for him if he thought it was a real car. That had to be a downer for him to hear.

Well I just got off the phone with the new owner, yup new owner. The dealership found someone who fell for their story and wrote the dealer a check for $15,000 this past weekend.

Monday phone calls at Shelby American are always interesting. From people wanting to verify the "original" Cobra they just bought for $25k to a guy that swears he found a "prototype" GT40 in a barn. You know those GT40's that came with a VW engine.

Steve

The horror.........the horror.........

(See,....... i'm doing my Marlin Brando/Apocalypse Now impression.) See, Monday mornings are bad to begin with but holy cow........ imagine some of the calls Steve must get......... The Horror.......

QSS

So the new owner actually thought that this was an actual Shelby? It even says "replica" on the dash. Oh well. At $15K he did get a pretty good deal on a nice GT. There was a ton of money spent on that car. Not a Shelby, but he did get a pretty nice car. Just need to take all the Shelby stuff off of it. Feel sorry for him if he thought it was a real car. That had to be a downer for him to hear.

Yeah he saw the word replica but bought into the story that this car was one of the 300 continuation cars we supposedly built for Hertz executives, which we didn't. He admitted that he had blinders on once he saw the manual transmission and the great price he was picking the car up for.

Steve

At least the price was right. And it is a very cool looking car. The part that really makes me mad is that the dealer did not look into his story , and sounded so convincing (heck, he could be a used car saleman). His story about Shelby sactioning and tolling out additional cars was one that I could see as a possibility during all the crazy ramping up prodction days of the SGT. I talked to a dealer yesterday that told me the spoiler on the back of the grabber orange SGT-C I was calling about was put on by Shelby because they ran out of letters, and put a spoiler on instead for 40 cars.. I think the dealer actually believed his story, because I asked him where he heard that, and he threw out a name. It was a nice car, so why lie , and just say in is a mod. So always check into the stories we hear. I believe this SHT-H replicat car had been in a wreck and then fixed up to look like a SGT-H and the owner that did the repair is Hadden Motorsprts. I think he may have even posted on this site selling the old hood.

Well as soon as the doors of Shelby American opened this morning in comes a phone call from the dealer that sold this "replica". Without getting into all the details the dealership says they didn't know it wasn't a real Shelby and they are going to work with the customer to make it right. The dealer says they purchased the car as a repo. So not only does this poor Mustang GT have two accidents under its belt it has a repossession tossed into the mix.

I suspect we haven't seen the last of this replica.

Steve

At least the price was right. And it is a very cool looking car. The part that really makes me mad is that the dealer did not look into his story , and sounded so convincing (heck, he could be a used car saleman). His story about Shelby sactioning and tolling out additional cars was one that I could see as a possibility during all the crazy ramping up prodction days of the SGT. I talked to a dealer yesterday that told me the spoiler on the back of the grabber orange SGT-C I was calling about was put on by Shelby because they ran out of letters, and put a spoiler on instead for 40 cars.. I think the dealer actually believed his story, because I asked him where he heard that, and he threw out a name. It was a nice car, so why lie , and just say in is a mod. So always check into the stories we hear. I believe this SHT-H replicat car had been in a wreck and then fixed up to look like a SGT-H and the owner that did the repair is Hadden Motorsprts. I think he may have even posted on this site selling the old hood.

The story is not true but the buyer got a car with some nice mods .... not a Shelby but an homage to the man and a car who we all respect and admire.

Archived