TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bernie Madoff in the news again.

"Ponzy Scheme" I will be the first to admit, that I have heard this phrase a thousand times over. But, I honestly do not know what it means or how it came about or what it stands for?

Can someone please enlighten me?

I guess I shoulda finished sixth grade?!!!! :read::hysterical:

"Ponzy Scheme" I will be the first to admit, that I have heard this phrase a thousand times over. But, I honestly do not know what it means or how it came about or what it stands for?

Can someone please enlighten me?

I guess I shoulda finished sixth grade?!!!! :read::hysterical:

Nuthin' a little google can't fix!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponzi_scheme

The scheme is named after Charles Ponzi[1] who became notorious for using the technique in early 1920. Ponzi did not invent the scheme (for example Charles Dickens' 1857 novel Little Dorrit described such a scheme decades before Ponzi was born), but his operation took in so much money that it was the first to become known throughout the United States. Ponzi's original scheme was based on the arbitrage of international reply coupons for postage stamps, however he soon diverted investors' money to support payments to earlier investors and himself.

Another sample would be the "Unique Performance Scheme"......................... Use Peters Money to build Pauls Car, use Pauls Money to line your pockets. Use Gregs Money to build Mikes Car and use Mikes Money to build Peters Car. use Mikes Money to build Gregs Car and use Jakes money to line your Pockets. Use Jasons money to build Mikes Car and use Toms Money to build Jakes Car.

Another sample would be the "Unique Performance Scheme"......................... Use Peters Money to build Pauls Car, use Pauls Money to line your pockets. Use Gregs Money to build Mikes Car and use Mikes Money to build Peters Car. use Mikes Money to build Gregs Car and use Jakes money to line your Pockets. Use Jasons money to build Mikes Car and use Toms Money to build Jakes Car.

I get it...I get it!!

Thanks fellas. As always, I know I can come on here and get an edumacation! :salute:

and David.....you aren't angry at Unique or anything, are you??? :hysterical:

I get it...I get it!!

Thanks fellas. As always, I know I can come on here and get an edumacation! :salute:

and David.....you aren't angry at Unique or anything, are you??? :hysterical:

Only because they put a black eye on the Carroll Shelby Name......................................

Archived