TEAM SHELBY FORUM

eibach coil overs for supersnake!!

Cobras55

Hi everyone I just bought the coil over kit from Eibach. I bought it here on the sight Team Shelby.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out. These coil overs are suppose to be the exact thing that go onto the Super Snake Shelby and they are fully adjustable. What I need to know is what kind of drop in inches are they set at from a stock shelby to when installed on a supersnake shelby...

My understanding is that you are able to lower(adjust) the coil overs from .8 inches to 3.0 inches,and was needing to know where i should adjust them on my 10 GT500, I wanna meaner, lower looking stance but don't wanna give up to much ride quality..

Any additional info on the 2007-2011 SS Shelby Eibach coilovers I would greatly appreciate,Thank You ....... :shift:

Eric B.

Hi everyone I just bought the coil over kit from Eibach. I bought it here on the sight Team Shelby.

Was wondering if anyone could help me out. These coil overs are suppose to be the exact thing that go onto the Super Snake Shelby and they are fully adjustable. What I need to know is what kind of drop in inches are they set at from a stock shelby to when installed on a supersnake shelby...

My understanding is that you are able to lower(adjust) the coil overs from .8 inches to 3.0 inches,and was needing to know where i should adjust them on my 10 GT500, I wanna meaner, lower looking stance but don't wanna give up to much ride quality..

Any additional info on the 2007-2011 SS Shelby Eibach coilovers I would greatly appreciate,Thank You ....... :shift:

Eric B.

Eric - You asked this question at the right time, I just happen to have my left front wheel off for some cleaning and a tire/wheel upgrade 255's to 275's.

This is how my 2008 Super Snake is adjusted. I could drop the front even more, but this is the way I received it from SA............................

Picture1958.jpg

The rear Eibach coil springs have approx. the same amount of thread under the adj. ring, but I can't get a good picture of that without a rear wheel off.

R

Eric - You asked this question at the right time, I just happen to have my left front wheel off for some cleaning and a tire/wheel upgrade 255's to 275's.

This is how my 2008 Super Snake is adjusted. I could drop the front even more, but this is the way I received it from SA............................

Picture1958.jpg

The rear Eibach coil springs have approx. the same amount of thread under the adj. ring, but I can't get a good picture of that without a rear wheel off.

R

Thank you very much for the great detailed picture, awesome reply.....

So correct me if i'm wrong , are we looking at a drop of about 1 inch set for these supersnakes upon install of the coilovers? Or should I just tape measure it and get it like you have as far as adjustment? cause unfortunately i'm still not clear on how far of a drop you have...not trying to be a pain just a rookie when it comes to suspension,,ty....

actually if i'm reading it right it looks like .8 or .9 inches from the picture???????????

I am not sure what the original GT500 ride height was on my 2008. With the adjustment as it is shown in the picture and a 275/35 on a 10" Alcoa (on the front), the measurement from the floor to the fender lip is 28.5". When I took that 28.5" measurement, I just had the car up on a jack, so after it is driven it may settle to 28.25, or maybe even 28" from the floor to the fender lip. If you had an original 255 on the front, the measurement would be slightly shorter, maybe 27.5" from floor to fender lip.

The measurement shown in the picture is a starting point for your initial adjustment, and then you can raise or lower it from that point.

R

Archived