TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/BJ Headrests & Console Cover

gallery_14593_919_16509.jpg

Well after waiting on the Shelby Store to get the SGT headrests in stock and not being able to place an order I decided I would just have Gary's Design Shop in California do my SGT/BJ Headrests and a Console cover. I think Grabber used the same company for the orange demo GT 500 headrests that were really cool.

Gary got the artwork file digitalized and I placed an order for the console with this logo and my headrests. I am mailing in my headrests on Monday. I'm pretty excited about the project. I used this same logo set-up on my center steering wheel cover with the Saleen kit and a decal over the disk.

Gary told me the folks at Barrett Jackson wanted to see the pictures of the car when we get this project finished. I'll post as soon as we get a little farther along. In the short term, I have a pair of Shelby Snake covers that go over the headrests I have right now that I bought from Showcar several months ago if anyone is interested in them. [/url] They look brand new still, The covers are just a shade darker than the charcoal leather interior and look sharp. I just decided to stay with the Barrett Jackson theme. If you want them send me a pm, I'll check my old posts and see what I paid for them and you can have them for the same price plus shipping.

74588d1271989217t-2008-sgt-bj-steering-wheel-emblem-replacement-2010-rcl-vovager-cruise-march-7-2010-009.jpg

This was a project I completed on the steering wheel with the Saleen Kit disk over the tribar pony that some members have done. This is the artwork that Gary is using on the headrests and console.

If there is room on the console we are discussing adding GT under this emblem artwork from Barrett Jackson on the console only.

Hope to have this done in a couple of weeks............ GG

Grabber I'll keep you posted, this is what I have on my car right now. The covers are okay, but I wanted to go ahead with the full BJ Logo theme. Saw yours and just took a shot and contacted Gary's Design in Ca. Nice guy to do business with.

8S3Z-63611A08-T-1.jpg

Just posted these in the classified section, still in new condition purchased (actually got a steal of a buy) from Showcar. Selling for 35 bucks with free shipping. They are actually darker than the picture and closer to black in color with white stitching.

GG

Hi GG

I'm not sure where in the classifides you put the Shelby covers but I'll take them off your hands if they are still avail.

CC

Update Sold 2/26/11 to Cobradad.

They are under the classified in the GT parts section. I'll mail them out Monday to you. PM me your address and you can send me a check or do the paypal thing.

:mail:

GG

Again, I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" but there may be licensing issues here, and while creating something for your own use will likely not bring a letter from the lawyers charged with protecting that logo, selling it for sure will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

Just a word to the wise!

Again, I don't want to be a "Debbie Downer" but there may be licensing issues here, and while creating something for your own use will likely not bring a letter from the lawyers charged with protecting that logo, selling it for sure will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark

Just a word to the wise!

Jeff I guess I am not following you, Barrett Jackson cleared the project and has asked for pictures of their logo on the headrests and console cover of my SGT/BJ Mustang with the owner of the design company doing this project when completed.

If your talking about ther Shelby Headrest covers, these are OEM Shelby purchased originally by Showcar and he like me moved on to something else on headrests. Hope this clears up any more "trademark" issues there.

In any event, I think I am legal and nothing has been sold after market by me or anyone else on ebay or any forum.

:headscratch: GG

Jeff I guess I am not following you, Barrett Jackson cleared the project and has asked for pictures of their logo on the headrests and console cover of my SGT/BJ Mustang with the owner of the design company doing this project. Am I missing something???

:headscratch: GG

We have had some incidents on here with members where personal projects turned into something for sale and were later contacted due to licensing concerns.

I have no idea who owns the Barrett Jackson logo you're having done, and the fact you're having it done for yourself is typically fine, but when i see people posting requests to buy one, well that is where my "danger Will Robinson" alarm goes off that's all.

Nothing more, nothing less!

Archived