TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Purpose built Texas Mile Super Snake Ready to Roll for March

Nice, good luck Van, can't wait to hear the results. Also, those cams sound nice.

Chris

Thanks Chris.

Van,

What a mean sounding Snake! What kind of HP at the crank, rear wheels, and torque?

JIm

That was the initial start up. Dyno tune on Monday. More info to follow.

Van I'm gonna need some time alone after hearing that car! brings a tear (of joy) to my eye.

are you gonna alter the aeordynamics of the car at all? what is your target speed with this setup? keep us all in the loop.

...and most of all BE SAFE... that beast sounds like she deserves alot of respect.

Ron

Good gosh Van.........................that sounds fantastic, even at idle. Can't wait to see how she does in Texas..............good luck bud.

Thanks Dan. We're hoping to pull down some records.

Van I'm gonna need some time alone after hearing that car! brings a tear (of joy) to my eye.

are you gonna alter the aeordynamics of the car at all? what is your target speed with this setup? keep us all in the loop.

...and most of all BE SAFE... that beast sounds like she deserves alot of respect.

Ron

We tape the front end in certain areas to reduce drag but no major aero changes. We're trying to push what Ford gave us as far as possible. First we just want to break 200 MPH and then we're going to turn up the boost. A lot of people have asked why we wouldn't do a twin turbo set up and quite simply, we want the record as a Super Snake with an actual Kenne Bell / Shelby Super Snake 3.6 LC Super Charger on top of the motor with NO NITROUS. The only difference is a return style fuel system, aluminum built motor and some E-85. Of course there is a long list of other stuff....................Key point is she started out her second life as a Super Snake made by Quantum. We've done the rest.

Holy Cow! So, what kind of $ are we talking on a project like this?

Think of a number and add another zero!! LOL Can you really put a price on speed? I'm not at liberty to say as this is not actually my personal vehicle. I built the car for a customer who replied earlier in the thread, ZEX-SRT10. All of the thanks goes to him for entrusting me with this project and his unwavering patience and desire to break 200 MPH!!!

As soon as I have figures I will let you guys know.

Thanks

Van

See you next month Van! Can't wait to see the car run again.

Chris is a great guy and his car is stupid nice! I emailed Rouscher and he said he was coming again - I assume Lund will make it also???

Lets hope for a nice TAILWIND this year!

See you in a couple weeks my friend!

Looking forward to it. You gonna hang around a little longer this time?

Van, Best of luck to you. You are the best. I'm sure you will bust the 200 mph SS bubble. I'm pulling for you buddy!

BJ

Thanks for the words of encouragement BJ. Barriers and records are meant to be broken.

Should we gather up our TS Van fan club for this pilgrimage to the Texas Mile? :-)

You're a funny guy D! :-0

See you next month Van! Can't wait to see the car run again.

Chris is a great guy and his car is stupid nice! I emailed Rouscher and he said he was coming again - I assume Lund will make it also???

Lets hope for a nice TAILWIND this year!

The whole gang and then some are coming! It's going to be more ridiculous than ever before.

I'd be happy with stagnant! A tailwind would be killer but no head wind at all would be nice too!!

I am looking forward to seeing everybody again and enjoying 3 days of fun and speed!!

Van

Looking forward to it. You gonna hang around a little longer this time?

Van

Than an hour? :hysterical: ah, yeah, I am definitely going to be hanging around longer this time around! That said, I will have to split my time between the mile and tws since I am trying to be a good regional director and show my face as much as I can!

Jon Lund tuned the car today. Waiting on video and data sheets.

Mustang Dyno actual Mustang Dyno readings

20.7 LBS of Boost

23 Degrees of Timing

E-85

1030 RWHP

828 RWTQ

That's some fantastic numbers Van, congrats to you guys for putting this beast together.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm flying out Friday and should be there Friday afternoon checking out the Revan/Lund Racing efforts. Anybody wants to match a handle to a face I should be wearing my black "San Jose Nights" streetrod baseball cap.

My luck they will have already hit the number and into the Champagne by the time I get there....

Go Van!

Archived