TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Is demand up or down via ADM?

a gt 500

Every dealer sets their own ADM, so it can range from $0 to infinity, depending on the local market for each dealer. I'd say that nationwide, the average ADM is probably in the $10K to $15K range. I work at a Ford dealership, and our ADM on 2007 GT500's is now $0 (well, actually we're sold out of 2007's, so there aren't any to mark up - LOL). We pre-sold 4 of our 5 at $10K over, and 1 at $25K over, and all have come and gone. The only dealership anywhere near us with GT500's on the ground available today wants about $25K ADM's on each of theirs. $25K over was the average around here at most dealers all year long.

Demand is still bigger than supply, and the 2008's won't start production until June, but even then there is no guarantee that supply will catch up with demand. I'd guess that the ADM's will continue for quite some time - much longer than most new "hot cars."

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 7 2007, 08:06 AM) 111148[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Every dealer sets their own ADM, so it can range from $0 to infinity, depending on the local market for each dealer. I'd say that nationwide, the average ADM is probably in the $10K to $15K range. I work at a Ford dealership, and our ADM on 2007 GT500's is now $0 (well, actually we're sold out of 2007's, so there aren't any to mark up - LOL). We pre-sold 4 of our 5 at $10K over, and 1 at $25K over, and all have come and gone. The only dealership anywhere near us with GT500's on the ground available today wants about $25K ADM's on each of theirs. $25K over was the average around here at most dealers all year long.

Demand is still bigger than supply, and the 2008's won't start production until June, but even then there is no guarantee that supply will catch up with demand. I'd guess that the ADM's will continue for quite some time - much longer than most new "hot cars."

The only reason Bickford Ford wants a high ADM is because they spent big money to by the cars. Great dealership to work with.

a little pricey but good dealership. Cars can be bought for under 10k over

My Dealership got order rights for 4 GT-500's this year,I got the last slot they had for this year on Jan. 3rd... Two sold for +20,000 & two for +15,000 (mine & the one just before me ) seems like all dealers in the area had the same Mark up if they could even get one....chris

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 7 2007, 12:06 PM) 111148[/snapback]
Every dealer sets their own ADM, so it can range from $0 to infinity, depending on the local market for each dealer. I'd say that nationwide, the average ADM is probably in the $10K to $15K range. I work at a Ford dealership, and our ADM on 2007 GT500's is now $0 (well, actually we're sold out of 2007's, so there aren't any to mark up - LOL). We pre-sold 4 of our 5 at $10K over, and 1 at $25K over, and all have come and gone. The only dealership anywhere near us with GT500's on the ground available today wants about $25K ADM's on each of theirs. $25K over was the average around here at most dealers all year long.

+1.

For what it's worth: I was driving past Garnet Ford in Chester County, PA, a couple weeks ago and noticed that the dealership had a number of GT500s out front. I stopped in to find out that Evolution had a few of their cars on display. According to the manager at Garnet Ford, the dealership received six GT500s, all of which went for $20k over and that they "could sell as many more as they could get (none for 07) at that price." They did have a new Shelby GT on the floor, black with silver stripes. MSRP was $39,000, asking price was $59,000. I'm not sure I would buy one (Shelby GT) at $39k, much less $59k. Just my opinion.

IMO, the ADM's are here to stay. The dealer I purchased my Shelby from here in Eastern Canada sold the first 10 cars including mine for MSRP, but they since found out that 6 of those cars were bought then sold for a profit, so now they are adding a 15k mark up on the rest of their 07's and all of their 08's. I feel bad for the people that were going to buy this car because they loved it and had no intention of selling it, sometimes free enterprise sucks. :angry2:

Our local dealer got and sold 5 -- all at $5K over (even though they had offers as high as $32K over)... they said $5K up-front and and have honored that...

dunno what the future holds but, strangely, Ford has been very actively marketing the GT500 ...via cell-phone ads, direct mailings (I've received two!) and e-mailings. Maybe they're trying to stuff the order banks to assure commodity flow or because they know sometihng we don't? :spiteful:

only time will tell...

-Dan

Our local dealer got and sold 5 -- all at $5K over (even though they had offers as high as $32K over)... they said $5K up-front and and have honored that...

dunno what the future holds but, strangely, Ford has been very actively marketing the GT500 ...via cell-phone ads, direct mailings (I've received two!) and e-mailings. Maybe they're trying to stuff the order banks to assure commodity flow or because they know sometihng we don't? :spiteful:

only time will tell...

-Dan

Makes you wonder doesn't it ?

Ford dealer in Laporte, Tx has a red convertible with the red insert interior at 20K over. I talked to a new sales guy (I stopped because they had a black Shelby GT out front and he figured I was serious since I was in my GT500) and he said they would come down to 10K. The most bizarre thing was they wanted 50K for the Shelby GT. The GT doesn't look that special in person. The wheels are a shiny black version of bullit wheels. The hood has a scoop pop riveted to it with a plastic insert in the front to block it off (very classy). The one thing was the dash plate with Shelby's sig looked really good. If anyone wants the salesman's number, PM me.

ADM's are here to stay. If you can find one for $10k over, I'd jump on it as that's about as low as you'll find. If the Ford GT serves as any lesson, you can expect ADM's to start climbing again once Ford announces the end of production (2008, 2009 - anyone's guess for now). It's like musical chairs; when the music stops, will you have a car or will you be left standing? If you're holding out for MSRP, take a number...you'll have better luck trying to time the stock market.

One possible alternative is to find someone selling theirs. I suspect there are quite a few people out there that either can't handle the payments or will quickly tire of them, so that may present an opportunity to get one close to or at the original MSRP. We've already bought one back from a customer (we paid him considerably over the original MSRP by the way).

IMO, the ADM's are here to stay. The dealer I purchased my Shelby from here in Eastern Canada sold the first 10 cars including mine for MSRP, but they since found out that 6 of those cars were bought then sold for a profit, so now they are adding a 15k mark up on the rest of their 07's and all of their 08's. I feel bad for the people that were going to buy this car because they loved it and had no intention of selling it, sometimes free enterprise sucks. :angry2:

I personally have no problem whatsoever with a dealer charging an ADM for exactly this reason. Ford dealers take a bath on almost every car and truck they sell. When they finally get a car with some demand like the GT500, I can't see how they could justify selling one at MSRP when the market is $10-20k higher. Having said that, I consider myself quite lucky at only paying a $3k ADM. The only reason I received such a good deal is that I negotiated very early in the process and had something in writing that would have been very tough for the dealer to wiggle out of.

I still think with some shopping around a 10K over deal is out there. I want into my local dealer last night to look at the fit of the dash plaque on the Shelby GT and asked about that since they are charging a 5K adm. on the Shelby GT. THey just sold one getting built to order at a 20K adm but admitt it was a bit of a fluke where a guy with too much $ just had to have one. It sounds like 10-15K over for the 08's right now. If an 09 is confirmed it may drop some. If not then I expect until the market is such that these are taking up space in dealer show rooms all over the country we won't see the adm go away.

I still think with some shopping around a 10K over deal is out there. I want into my local dealer last night to look at the fit of the dash plaque on the Shelby GT and asked about that since they are charging a 5K adm. on the Shelby GT. THey just sold one getting built to order at a 20K adm but admitt it was a bit of a fluke where a guy with too much $ just had to have one. It sounds like 10-15K over for the 08's right now. If an 09 is confirmed it may drop some. If not then I expect until the market is such that these are taking up space in dealer show rooms all over the country we won't see the adm go away.

This ADM craze is even helping the 03' and 04' Cobras in resale. Seems like everyone wants between 28-30K for them. I remember almost 2 years ago you cold have got a used 03 for about 23K.

I think the main reason they have such a high price on the Shelby GT is due to the fact to get the kit for the Shelby CS 6 is like 15K so you add that on a V6 at 20K you're around 35K.

But Ive seen several GT500's on ebay go for about 10K ADM as of late and it's also depending on what color combo you want. Plus the used market is still high. I've seen some with 3-4K miles still sale for 10K over so its a crap shoot depending on how bac someone wants it all the time.

What is the bottle neck of Ford making more GT500's? They currently are running rebates on GT's and V6's. Are you guys sooooooo naive to think Ford will only make 8-10,000 GT500's. They have already said that they will make one for everyone that wants one. Ford is in this to sell as many cars as they can. Just hold out and the ADM will be gone. Ford will slow down making the GT's and concentrate on the GT500's. Take that to the bank. :shift:

What is the bottle neck of Ford making more GT500's? They currently are running rebates on GT's and V6's. Are you guys sooooooo naive to think Ford will only make 8-10,000 GT500's. They have already said that they will make one for everyone that wants one. Ford is in this to sell as many cars as they can. Just hold out and the ADM will be gone. Ford will slow down making the GT's and concentrate on the GT500's. Take that to the bank. :shift:

First, I think you're making a big mistake calling people on this forum naive. People here are some of the most knowledgeable people about Mustangs you'll find. I would recommend not insulting them.

As for the comment about them making more than 8,000 - 10,000, we had sales data awhile ago and they were on about that pace. For them to exceed it they'd have to dramatically ramp production. How do you suppose they will do that? Remember they are making other cars (Mazdas) on the same line.

For you to say the ADM will be gone, we'll see. There were about 20 people on this forum last summer that swore the ADM would be gone by this spring. Few of those people show up here any more, and the ones that do have admitted they were wrong. What makes you able to tell the future?

As for slowing on the GT and focusing on the GT500, that makes no sense. The cars are made in different plants. As for the engineering work, engineering on a vehicle is done quite some time prior to the first car being built, so the engineering on the GT500 was likely finished about 12-15 months ago. The engineers who work on the continuing issues are called current product support, not engineering.

As for the bottle neck, we don't know for sure. The most commonly discussed item as a bottleneck has been the Tremec 6-speed transmission.

The person that said they "will make one for everyone who wants one" was a marketing person. Their job is to make everything sound rosey. What if a guy wants one that can only afford to pay $18,000...will they make him one too?

Dave

Hmmm,

My wife tells me there is a GT500 at a "buy here-payhere" lot down the street. White with blue stripes. Could it be? Im going to swing by there tonight on the way home. I wonder what weekly payment would be on that baby... :headscratch:

If its there Ill get some picts LOL!

KC666

:hysterical::hysterical:

so Ford has a surplus of GT500 powerplants laying around? All those surplus body kits? When a manufacturer "plans" a production run of 8-10k units per year, they set up supplier agreements and schedule production accordingly. They can't just wave a magic wand and make a bunch of extra parts appear. One of the dynamics you don't understand is that when a dealer takes inventory, that vehicle is "sold" as far as Ford is concerned whether it sells immediately or rots on the dealer's lot for months. There have been so many Mustang GT's built that the development costs have been covered already (one would think), so they have only the usual overhead, parts, labor, etc to take care of for each one.

Truth be told, if Ford only wanted to concern themselves with immediate cash flow, I'm willing to bet they'd be better off stopping production on the GT500 and going back to just regular Mustangs since I'm sure the per unit margins on the regular pony are much more favorable especially when factoring the volume. (of course, I don't think this would be the best course in the long run)

What you're suggesting, reducing higher margin, higher volume product to replace it with lower margin, lower volume product makes absolutely no business sense.

First, I think you're making a big mistake calling people on this forum naive. People here are some of the most knowledgeable people about Mustangs you'll find. I would recommend not insulting them.

As for the comment about them making more than 8,000 - 10,000, we had sales data awhile ago and they were on about that pace. For them to exceed it they'd have to dramatically ramp production. How do you suppose they will do that? Remember they are making other cars (Mazdas) on the same line.

For you to say the ADM will be gone, we'll see. There were about 20 people on this forum last summer that swore the ADM would be gone by this spring. Few of those people show up here any more, and the ones that do have admitted they were wrong. What makes you able to tell the future?

As for slowing on the GT and focusing on the GT500, that makes no sense. The cars are made in different plants. As for the engineering work, engineering on a vehicle is done quite some time prior to the first car being built, so the engineering on the GT500 was likely finished about 12-15 months ago. The engineers who work on the continuing issues are called current product support, not engineering.

As for the bottle neck, we don't know for sure. The most commonly discussed item as a bottleneck has been the Tremec 6-speed transmission.

The person that said they "will make one for everyone who wants one" was a marketing person. Their job is to make everything sound rosey. What if a guy wants one that can only afford to pay $18,000...will they make him one too?

Dave

+1 Alloy.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 7 2007, 12:06 PM) 111148[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Every dealer sets their own ADM, so it can range from $0 to infinity, depending on the local market for each dealer. I'd say that nationwide, the average ADM is probably in the $10K to $15K range. I work at a Ford dealership, and our ADM on 2007 GT500's is now $0 (well, actually we're sold out of 2007's, so there aren't any to mark up - LOL). We pre-sold 4 of our 5 at $10K over, and 1 at $25K over, and all have come and gone. The only dealership anywhere near us with GT500's on the ground available today wants about $25K ADM's on each of theirs. $25K over was the average around here at most dealers all year long.

"

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy watching all the GT500 buyers spend their money! It amazes me to see this much demand and so many people paying 55-90K for this car! I really like the car, but will never buy one over MSRP. I for one cannot afford to. Now don't get me wrong, I do not blame any of you for spending so much on the massive ADM's. If I were rich, I would too! It's just kind of like a train wreck... you kind of want to watch it even though you know it's wrong. It amazes me how many people have this much money. I thought I had a good job (90K) but compared to all you I am clearly dirt poor. I do agree adm's will stay for a while, yet somehow I disagree with some here to claim the car will only be made for 2, maybe 3 years. Let's face it guys, Ford is in a world of hurt. If Ford can sell them this quickly and easily (even though the Dealers are the ones profiting from the adm), why would they stop making them? Does anyone here honestly think Ford will not continue to up the ante and make Mustangs with this much or even more power? Why would they? Ever hear of the possible Z07 Vette? Perhaps the new Chevy Camaro? Please. Ford will HAVE to keep up with the competition. As for the belief this car will be considered "rare", I doubt it. Shelby’s are collectable to some degree, perhaps, but rare? I think not. Having said all that, I really like it. I would buy one. I will likely get one when there is no adm or they eventually lose the "Shelby" namesake, but make no mistake, fast Mustangs are here to stay. In the interim, I'll have to "suffer" with my 530HP Saleen and 4-cam 1990 Mustang LX. Guys my hats off. I am envious! Now if we could just get Ford to put these cars on a serious diet....

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 7 2007, 12:06 PM) 111148[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Every dealer sets their own ADM, so it can range from $0 to infinity, depending on the local market for each dealer. I'd say that nationwide, the average ADM is probably in the $10K to $15K range. I work at a Ford dealership, and our ADM on 2007 GT500's is now $0 (well, actually we're sold out of 2007's, so there aren't any to mark up - LOL). We pre-sold 4 of our 5 at $10K over, and 1 at $25K over, and all have come and gone. The only dealership anywhere near us with GT500's on the ground available today wants about $25K ADM's on each of theirs. $25K over was the average around here at most dealers all year long.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoy watching all the GT500 buyers spend their money! It amazes me to see this much demand and so many people paying 55-90K for this car! I really like the car, but will never buy one over MSRP. I for one cannot afford to. Now don't get me wrong, I do not blame any of you for spending so much on the massive ADM's. If I were rich, I would too! It's just kind of like a train wreck... you kind of want to watch it even though you know it's wrong. It amazes me how many people have this much money. I thought I had a good job (90K) but compared to all you I am clearly dirt poor. I do agree adm's will stay for a while, yet somehow I disagree with some here to claim the car will only be made for 2, maybe 3 years. Let's face it guys, Ford is in a world of hurt. If Ford can sell them this quickly and easily (even though the Dealers are the ones profiting from the adm), why would they stop making them? Does anyone here honestly think Ford will not continue to up the ante and make Mustangs with this much or even more power? Why would they? Ever hear of the possible Z07 Vette? Perhaps the new Chevy Camaro? Please. Ford will HAVE to keep up with the competition. As for the belief this car will be considered "rare", I doubt it. Shelby’s are collectable to some degree, perhaps, but rare? I think not. Having said all that, I really like it. I would buy one. I will likely get one when there is no add or they eventually lose the "Shelby" namesake, but make no mistake, fast Mustangs are here to stay. In the interim, I'll have to "suffer" with my 530HP Saleen and 4-cam 1990 Mustang LX. Guy’s my hats off. I am envious! Now if we could just get Ford to put these cars on a serious diet....

:finger:

While I don't necessarily agree with ADM, I paid it. It was worth it to me to get my car. I have no plans to ever sell it, my son will get it. The $18,000 over gave me a car, a color choice and a guaranted delivery date. I totally respect those of you who have held to the MSRP price, forgive me, I was weak. I have not regretted it one minute, it is a GREAT CAR!!!

While I don't necessarily agree with ADM, I paid it. It was worth it to me to get my car. I have no plans to ever sell it, my son will get it. The $18,000 over gave me a car, a color choice and a guaranted delivery date. I totally respect those of you who have held to the MSRP price, forgive me, I was weak. I have not regretted it one minute, it is a GREAT CAR!!!

OMG. I have definitely had one too many maritinis, SPELLING IS ATROCIOUS!!!

Hmmm,

My wife tells me there is a GT500 at a "buy here-payhere" lot down the street. White with blue stripes. Could it be? Im going to swing by there tonight on the way home. I wonder what weekly payment would be on that baby... :headscratch:

If its there Ill get some picts LOL!

KC666

Well its actually IS a GT500 and about 3 Saleens there as well. I might stop by in the AM and see what they are asking for it. Probably a repo.

If anyone has an interest in it I can get the number of the place.

KC666

Well its actually IS a GT500 and about 3 Saleens there as well. I might stop by in the AM and see what they are asking for it. Probably a repo.

If anyone has an interest in it I can get the number of the place.

KC666

where in FL is this

it looks just like my car :hysterical2:

I love this car. However, I think when the Camaro and Challenger come out, it will effect the sales of the GT500. Once all the people that have to have the first ones of everything is gone and they will find another toy they like more, then these cars will sell for MSRP all over the place. It is going to happen and all the people that has paid $10,000 and up will continue to cry and try to convince the masses that it will never happen. Just have patience everyone, you will be able to buy GT500's for sticker. :happy feet:

where in FL is this

it looks just like my car :hysterical2:

It was right on 17-92 in Casselberry at a used car dealer. I thought it was buy here pay here but actually was a used car dealer who specializes in Mustangs, it looked like that is all he had on the lot and he had a bunch of Saleens, Roushs and some older Cobras as well.

I stopped there today, the car was being bought when I walked over. The car was brand new never titled. Anyway, it didnt last long. Nice local fella was buying it so it looks like its found a good home.

KC666

Dave

You can make fun of Dave, he likes it :hysterical:

Archived