TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Collector Car Insurance

tdshelby

I need advice on a collector car insurance policy for my recently purchased 2008 GT500 KR. As I have looked at online sites, there are many companies, and I have seen online quotes as low as $490/yr, to $2100/yr. What have you experienced? Who is the best company to work with? I know it depends on intended miles etc. Would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks, TDShelby.

I have a quote pending with them now, but havent received an email. What mile limit did they give you? Are you still able to take it out for a Sunday afternoon drive with no particular place to go, or are we stuck just driving to shows and stuff?

This is the company I deal with. No mileage limitation but they don't want to see milage that would indicate a daily driver. You can let them know in advance if you're taking a long trip to a car event, then the milage is no problem. Also like some of the above it's an agreed value policy. They are very pleasant to talk to on the phone. I pay about $600 a year for a 2010 GT500.

American Collectors Insurance

This is the company I deal with. No mileage limitation but they don't want to see milage that would indicate a daily driver. You can let them know in advance if you're taking a long trip to a car event, then the milage is no problem. Also like some of the above it's an agreed value policy. They are very pleasant to talk to on the phone. I pay about $600 a year for a 2010 GT500.

+1 My 65 and 06 are insured by them. Great company to do business with!

I had American collectors and they were fine but cautioned me about modding my '64 Fairlane. Not sure how they feel about modding late model cars.

I finally went with Chartis, great premiums and even though they have an annual "mileage stipulation" admittedly, they don't ask you to divulge annual miles driven.

+1 I went with LeLand West they sell the same policy through the same company. I'm paying around $600 for the 1yr policy on my 2010 GT500.

+1 I went with LeLand West they sell the same policy through the same company. I'm paying around $600 for the 1yr policy on my 2010 GT500.

I know value of the vehicle is important but may I ask what the limits are for the following:

- Bodily Injury each person and maximum per occurance.

- Property Damage each occurance.

Thanks in advance

Archived