TEAM SHELBY FORUM

available to look at a CA Shelby??

judgeman6970

not 100% sure yet, but I am looking at a used Shelby in Cali(and I'm in NY)....wondering if anyone may be able to look at for me....its in the thousand oaks area of Cali, and u just have to promise not to buy it b4 I do(LOL). Would need to get the "thumbs up" on its condition & paperwork from an actual "shelby guy"....thanks!!

not 100% sure yet, but I am looking at a used Shelby in Cali(and I'm in NY)....wondering if anyone may be able to look at for me....its in the thousand oaks area of Cali, and u just have to promise not to buy it b4 I do(LOL). Would need to get the "thumbs up" on its condition & paperwork from an actual "shelby guy"....thanks!!

I can help.............TO is just over the hill from me.

Hey Bob,

Here's what I found out.

Car is CSM 08SGT0042 with VIN 1ZVHT82H385100360. Car looks great. No body issues and interior is very nice. Engine compartment and undercarriage are clean. Paint is fantastic except for a small paint chip on the rear wheel well. Strips are slightly faded and have some stains so that will need to be changed. Not sure if it's covered by factory warrantee but Steve says he thinks he can get a new strip set from SA if needed. Hood scoop has a small crease on both sides but it sits very nice on the hood. Being car number 42, the passenger sun visor should be signed by Carroll . Unfortunately the visor is missing. I asked Steve about it and he said they do have visor and it is signed. If I were you I'd ask for some proof, say a picture or two.

Miles are real low, only 300. Steve says it's due to the fact the original owner purchased the car (from Kemp Ford in Thousand Oaks) and filed bankruptcy the next day. He hid the car away hoping the lender wouldn't find it. Ford Motor Credit did find it and sold it to Steve. Title is clear and in hand. I would ask Steve to send you a copy so you can see for yourself. It would be a good idea to run a Carfax as well.

All in all it's a great car. Fix the strips and get the signed visor back and your in business. On the way home I told my wife Marji "Dang this sucks. I look at a great car for sell and I'm not the one buying it".

Here are some pics.

P1010270.jpg

P1010269.jpg

P1010268.jpg

P1010267.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010256.jpg

P1010255.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010260.jpg

See paint chip

P1010258.jpg

See stains on strips

P1010257.jpg

P1010259.jpg

See small crease on hood scoop. Kinda hard to see.

P1010266.jpg

wow!!!....thanks so much, Dan....more detailed info than I could have asked for(and thanks forum!!)...I agree, nice car & super low miles, but its funny how "steve" didnt mention the "obvious" scratch & the stained stripes...I bought a used white sgt with low miles & the paint/stripes were perfect so that was kinda what I was expecting....I'll have to talk to him again about "pricing". Again, REALLY appreciate your help & detailed report!!. Also, anyone know the availability & cost of a new set of stripes??

wow!!!....thanks so much, Dan....more detailed info than I could have asked for(and thanks forum!!)...I agree, nice car & super low miles, but its funny how "steve" didnt mention the "obvious" scratch & the stained stripes...I bought a used white sgt with low miles & the paint/stripes were perfect so that was kinda what I was expecting....I'll have to talk to him again about "pricing". Again, REALLY appreciate your help & detailed report!!. Also, anyone know the availability & cost of a new set of stripes??

My pleasure.

Per Steve............."You better hurry up and buy it" :hysterical: . He has two people from NY that are very interested. One is sight unseen and the other is sending his sister out to see it today.

Good luck bud.

We have great members here & Dan is one of them.

No kidding!

I met Dan at the 85th Bash, in the autograph line. He had his airbag cover in hand to get signed and I said boy I wish I knew how to take mine out.

Without hesitation, Dan volunteered and we were out in my car removing it. He cut his hand and never blinked an eye. This was my first TS event and Dan was part of making it memorable!

We do indeed have great members here!

My pleasure.

Per Steve............."You better hurry up and buy it" :hysterical: . He has two people from NY that are very interested. One is sight unseen and the other is sending his sister out to see it today.

Good luck bud.

hello again dan, the "ny sight unseen" guy is me(LOL), and the visor is pictured on ebay. I am curious about the stripe damage, it looks like its mostly the roof...how are the hood/trunk/bumper stripes??---Bob

No kidding!

I met Dan at the 85th Bash, in the autograph line. He had his airbag cover in hand to get signed and I said boy I wish I knew how to take mine out.

Without hesitation, Dan volunteered and we were out in my car removing it. He cut his hand and never blinked an eye. This was my first TS event and Dan was part of making it memorable!

We do indeed have great members here!

Along with a cut hand I also made some wonderful friends at that first Bash :grouphug: .

I also received a grabber orange Shelby T-shirt happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif . Thanks Michael..........your gift is still part of my favorite t-shirt rotation. :salute:

hello again dan, the "ny sight unseen" guy is me(LOL), and the visor is pictured on ebay. I am curious about the stripe damage, it looks like its mostly the roof...how are the hood/trunk/bumper stripes??---Bob

I assumed you were sight unseen :hysterical: . Mostly the staining is on the roof........very little on the hood and none on the rear trunk lid and bumper.

Best of luck to ya Bob.

Archived