TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Five Oh B has a new Five Oh again...

Five Oh B

I suppose it was just a matter of time. I chose my user name back in 1999 when I still had a 5.0L (Five Oh) powered Ford, but then switched over to a string of 4.6's (2000 Mustang GT, 2003 Mach 1, 2007 Mustang GT). The 2007 GT was an incredible car. Daily driver automatic with a Vortech V2 S-trim blower, big stall converter, and 4.10 gears that ran 11.79 @ 114 in the 1/4 mile (with a pair or 11.85's to back that run up).

However, I traded in the 2007 GT a couple days ago for a new 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L Coupe. It's Sterling Gray with the factory Brembo Package, 3.73 gears, and 6 speed manual trans. Haven't been able to take any good pics yet as it's been snowing most of the time since I took delivery, but here's a few pics of it coming off the convoy truck at the dealership where I work, then a few of it waiting to be PDI'd & cleaned up, then parked next to my '07 GT.....

0221011029.jpg

0221011030b.jpg

0221011150.jpg

0221011152.jpg

0221011740.jpg

0221011740a.jpg

0221011741a.jpg

Nice car Brian I'm sure you'll have a great time with it!

I want to mention I purchased a new pick-up from your dealership and the experience was awesome!!! I got a fantastic deal and you have a great group of people working there, I was very impressed.

Oh you also have a great car show too. Here's a link to last years, I'm sure you'll have another one this year.

http://www.bowenscarff.com/Car-Show.aspx

Nice car Brian I'm sure you'll have a great time with it!

I want to mention I purchased a new pick-up from your dealership and the experience was awesome!!! I got a fantastic deal and you have a great group of people working there, I was very impressed.

Oh you also have a great car show too. Here's a link to last years, I'm sure you'll have another one this year.

http://www.bowenscarff.com/Car-Show.aspx

Thanks for the business and the kind plug! I've gotta figure out a way to make my '11 GT stand out a bit for this year's Mustang show at our place. My '07 just missed an award last year (4th place in class).

COOL COOL COOL !!!! B)

I can't wait to get together and see it in person.

Looks great Brian.

Thanks, Rob! We'll make it a point to get down there to visit with you and Tana.

I can't wait to see my '11 5.0L in person again, too (it's currently covered with 5 inches of snow)....

0224010848.jpg

I've got just 30 miles on the new car (I bought it with 13 miles, so I've only driven it 17 miles so far). I'm hoping my supercharged '07 GT goes to a good home. It's for sale at the dealership I work for (Bowen Scarff Ford Lincoln in Kent, WA).

Congrat`s on your new ride Brian I guess the mods will start soon.

Mods will be VERY minimal. My goal is to have it run high 11's in the 1/4 mile just like my '07 did. 11.49 and quicker requires a roll cage and other goodies I don't want in my car, so 11.5's to 11.9's would be perfect. Steeda has an '11 GT with 3.73's (like my car), drag radials, their CAI, their tune, and otherwise 100% factory stock that they ran a 11.88 @ 116 in recently. That is plenty fast for my needs.

Thanks, Rob! We'll make it a point to get down there to visit with you and Tana.

I can't wait to see my '11 5.0L in person again, too (it's currently covered with 5 inches of snow)....

0224010848.jpg

I've got just 30 miles on the new car (I bought it with 13 miles, so I've only driven it 17 miles so far). I'm hoping my supercharged '07 GT goes to a good home. It's for sale at the dealership I work for (Bowen Scarff Ford Lincoln in Kent, WA).

We had 2.75 inches here in Vancouver , WA last night. It melted today. It is supposed to get down to 20 tonight. It might be pretty slick in the morning.

I got back from AZ on Feb. 1st ( been there 6 months) and now I'm not used to the cold weather. :hysterical:

BTW...I was given back my seniority on Feb. 1st as a promotion when I came back and my old position, pay and perks. Which included a 2008 F-150 Company truck. happy%20feet.gif It has 33k on it.

th_002-1.jpg

My personal truck is now a garage queen with 19.5K on it. :hysterical:

th_New2009F-150098.jpg

Congrats on your new DD Brian............................ain't she sweet. happy%20feet.gif

Thanks. Ford is on such a roll lately with Mustangs. Great performing & fuel efficient V6. Incredible 5.0L's with lightly modded cars runnings, 11's, 10's, and faster. And, of course, the legendary GT500's keep coming. Throw in the return of the Boss 302 for good measure and these are awesome times to be a Mustang fanatic!!!

What do you figure you will get out of the 2007 ? ($$)

Well, I know how much the dealership paid me for it as a trade in, but who knows how much they're gonna get for it. It is currently on sale for $24,450. 28K miles and it includes all the mods I had on it (except my drag wheels/tires which I sold separately on Craigslist already). I personally think $24,450 is quite a bargain for such a nice, well kept 480hp daily driver with such low miles.

Thanks. Ford is on such a roll lately with Mustangs. Great performing & fuel efficient V6. Incredible 5.0L's with lightly modded cars runnings, 11's, 10's, and faster. And, of course, the legendary GT500's keep coming. Throw in the return of the Boss 302 for good measure and these are awesome times to be a Mustang fanatic!!!

Couldn't agree more...............it's a great time for the Mustang.

• 2 months later...

Well, I know how much the dealership paid me for it as a trade in, but who knows how much they're gonna get for it. It is currently on sale for $24,450. 28K miles and it includes all the mods I had on it (except my drag wheels/tires which I sold separately on Craigslist already). I personally think $24,450 is quite a bargain for such a nice, well kept 480hp daily driver with such low miles.

My '07 GT is still for sale on our used car lot. Really nice car! Price has been dramatically reduced to just $21,950. Click here to see it online. The online ad says it's a "deluxe" model, but it is really a premium model.

Is your 2007 still supercharged? BTW, how did you get the pony grille to fit in the GT bumper?

My '07 GT is still supercharged. Vortech standard V2 SQ S-trim with standard pulley (3.8"), 4800 rpm stall converter, 4.10 FRPP gears, BMR driveshaft loops & rear tunnel bace, SLP line lock, SLP catted X-pipe, 45K volt coils-on-plug, FRPP 3V0 spark plugs, UPR oil seperator, FRPP strut tower brace, etc. A couple months before I traded it in, it put down 393 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno (would have been about 415-425 rwhp on a Dynojet Dyno), and last fall I ran an 11.79 and a pair of 11.85's in the 1/4 mile on drag radials. It has nearly new 255/45/18 Continental Extreme Contact DWS tires, slotted brake rotors, ceramic Hawk brake pads, and Optima red-top battery.

Car is in excellent condition and has just 28K miles on it. Engine oil was changed every 3K miles, trans fluid has been changed a few times, diff fluid has been changed once, fresh spark plugs just went in a couple hundred miles ago. Our dealership's service department did all the installs (including the supercharger) and it was custom dyno-tuned by John Garner at the HorsePower Ranch (just outside Seattle) with a very conservative tune (as it was my daily driver). I bought this car brand new in October '06 and have all the service records for it.

The V6 Pony Grille was an easy install in my GT bumper. I snipped off the V6 mounting tabs and made my own mounting plates (concealed them under the radiator cover so nobody can see them. As the V6 grille is slightly smaller than the GT opening, I used marine-grade, black weatherstripping to fill the gap. The weatherstripping is the same texture and color as the grille, so nobody can even tell it's there unless I point it out and they look very, very, closely.

I can't believe our dealership has dropped the price on my '07 so much ($21,950 currently). They are going to lose money on it when it sells at that price! Kelly Blue Book "private party" value is $23,100, and that's without any of the mods! Trade-in value is just shy of $21K w/o any of the mods. This is just too good of a deal to pass up for someone who's looking for an 11 -second S197 GT that wants a daily driver.

• 10 months later...

Sorry to have been away from Team Shelby for so long. Been so busy with life & work. Just finished getting the '11 5.0L NHRA legal for drag racing (our local tracks open soon). Added some goodies to launch & shift better, too: MGW shifter, dual adjustable rear LCA's, SCT tune, 275/40/17 BFG drag radials mounted on 17x9 Drag 31's, FRPP axlebacks, and BMR front & rear driveshaft loops with rear tunnel brace. I've got nearly 9K miles on the car now, so it's broken in and ready to hit the dragstrip for the first time soon. I'm thinking it'll run 12.1's @ 113+ in the 1/4 mile on its maiden voyage, then I'll do a few minor mods to get it into the high 11's. Then, that'll have to do until my two daughters are done with school. No supercharger for this car like I did on the '07 GT (no $'s and I can hit my performance goals naturally aspirated).

Life threw me a curveball last year forcing the sale of my '07 GT, but I'm glad I landed on my feet and can get back into the hobby again. Had to sit out of racing all year last year, but looking forward to racing a bit this year. Plus, we get a brand new dragstrip in the area this summer. I went and checked it out last weekend to see how the construction is going. It's The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, Washington for those of you who race in the NW. The 2.5 mile road course is already open and running with the dragstrip due to open in June or July.

• 1 month later...

Sorry to have been away from Team Shelby for so long. Been so busy with life & work. Just finished getting the '11 5.0L NHRA legal for drag racing (our local tracks open soon). Added some goodies to launch & shift better, too: MGW shifter, dual adjustable rear LCA's, SCT tune, 275/40/17 BFG drag radials mounted on 17x9 Drag 31's, FRPP axlebacks, and BMR front & rear driveshaft loops with rear tunnel brace. I've got nearly 9K miles on the car now, so it's broken in and ready to hit the dragstrip for the first time soon. I'm thinking it'll run 12.1's @ 113+ in the 1/4 mile on its maiden voyage, then I'll do a few minor mods to get it into the high 11's. Then, that'll have to do until my two daughters are done with school. No supercharger for this car like I did on the '07 GT (no $'s and I can hit my performance goals naturally aspirated).

Life threw me a curveball last year forcing the sale of my '07 GT, but I'm glad I landed on my feet and can get back into the hobby again. Had to sit out of racing all year last year, but looking forward to racing a bit this year. Plus, we get a brand new dragstrip in the area this summer. I went and checked it out last weekend to see how the construction is going. It's The Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton, Washington for those of you who race in the NW. The 2.5 mile road course is already open and running with the dragstrip due to open in June or July.

Sounds great!

I, too, will be back - in a couple of months.

Not sure what model - but something that will get respect at stoplights! :rockon:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

5OB,

We sure have missed you at the meet and greets. Good to see you still stop by here every so often.

Work has really been demanding the past few years with no sign of letting up. Wish we could make the trip down sooner than later again. I've got to get to this site more often; it really has been a long time. Vancouver Ford was at our dealership today swapping vehicles and it reminded me of you & Tana. I hope all is well for you!

Archived