TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A set of CS40s - is this a good deal?

EDIT: PICTURES BELOW!!!!! :shift:

I am going to go pick up a set of CS40s - 2) 20x9s and 2) 20x10s - silver centers.

About half of what they would cost on eBay.

What do you think? What should be on the boxes as far as location of assembly?

If they go on the SGT (or any new Mustang), what should the backspacing be?

They have "Shelby" stamped on the rim, and red center caps.

happy%20feet.gif

Is $450 per wheel or for the entire set? I would be skeptical if this is the price for the whole set. Are they new or used? The Chrome wheel from Shelby starts at $469.

I got them: 2 20 x 9s and 2 20 x 10s

Carrol Shelby boxes and labels; they're sized for 05+ mustangs.

Pictures later tonight.

Guy works at a wheel shop - these were oordered and not installed because there are little defects in the powder coating (you have to REALLY look hard to find them.)

That is a killer price. In fact a little too good. Are you making the purchase in person?

In person. I have back-ups with me when I buy car parts in person.

I sold an '08 super duty tailgate to a guy on the way to get the rims - GHETTO neighborhood - so I backed my truck in so I could get out of there quickly.

Here you are folks! Pictures!

I don't want to be the disheartened customer on Pawn Starts (google it) who finds out their item isn't real. So.. these are real, right? :hysterical:

BTW: Droid pictures - they aren't so great. :banghead:

I just noticed the 'Patent Pending' on the box.. Is that for the wheel? Or? The casting process? I've heard of "reinventing the wheel," but I've never heard of, "re-patenting the wheel."

IMG_20110223_212902.jpg

*Note the Shelby sticker on the back window. Just doing my part. :D

Drum roll, please..

IMG_20110223_213524.jpg

IMG_20110223_213545.jpg

IMG_20110223_214904.jpg

IMG_20110223_214917.jpg

IMG_20110223_214923.jpg

IMG_20110223_214932.jpg

IMG_20110223_214856.jpg

I've got to be honest.. the engraving here is a little 'rough' - is that normal?

So... Are these real? Or knock-offs?

As for tires, what am I looking to spend (approximately)? I've yet to venture into the world of 20" rims.

Thanks!:yahoo:

I have the same wheels. I get nothing but compliments on the wheels. You will notice the silver wheels will bring out the silver stripes on the car. As for wheels, you can expect to spend about 1000.00 to 1200.00 for four good tires. Good luck on the improvements.

Awesome! I do like them. I might consider painting the silver accents black.. we'll see.

I've been looking at a few tires at Tirerack..

I'll avoid Kuhmo and Hankook..

I usually stick with BFGs or Michelins.. what about Continentals/Firestone - some darn good prices on those.

Will the factory lugnuts work on these rims?

Awesome! I do like them. I might consider painting the silver accents black.. we'll see.

I've been looking at a few tires at Tirerack..

I'll avoid Kuhmo and Hankook..

I usually stick with BFGs or Michelins.. what about Continentals/Firestone - some darn good prices on those.

Will the factory lugnuts work on these rims?

Don't be too quick to bypass Hankook!

The Ventus V12 Evo K110s are awesome tires. Probably the best combo of ride, handling and cost - Car and Driver agrees with me. Ranked them second to Michelin PS2s.

check - www.onlinetires.com - great prices

They are clearly fakes, but I will still buy them off you for $450 as I hate to see someone get taken advantage of like that....

***Sweet little old lady on the internet who gets taken advantage of:

"Well, I'd hate to sell them to ya if they're fake. But because you're so honest, just get them out of my way - I'll take a hit - you can have them for $300."

:finger:

:rolleyes:

Awesome, thanks everyone for the replies!

So now I'm contemplating.. do I get the Alcoas (the ones I really wanted), or do I keep these because they were such a bargain?

A) Look at my Alcoas - they were a couple of grand, plus tires, but they look awesome.

B.) Look at my CS40s - I got these for $450. Jealous?

Which would make me less of a snob?

:headscratch:

No matter at that price you couldn't go wrong been looking at these for my 08sgt, Pictures when mounted or any pictures on a shelby...like to see what they llok like on the car

I'm in the same boat.. I've only seen a picture of the silver ones on a black Shelby - seems like most people are getting the black accented spokes.

Worst case.. I'll wait until the Knott's show in April to see them on a car in person.

On my new 20s i went with those new Good Year F1 high Performace tires and spent about $1500-$1600 I think. I will check later the exact name but I done research on them and all research says they are great.

On my new 20s i went with those new Good Year F1 high Performace tires and spent about $1500-$1600 I think. I will check later the exact name but I done research on them and all research says they are great.

:huh:

:o

:(

Crud.. that's a lot for my budget. I have too many other toys to play with so it's hard to allocate so much money for one modification.

Archived