TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Certificate- wouldn't it be nice....

Wryfox

Just received my Shelby Certificate, and for some reason thought Carroll Shelby's name would be on there. Instead its a Registry Manager and a Vice President of Shelby. I'm sure they are fine gentlemen but wouldn't it be nice to actually have Shelby's name on any document relating to a Shelby car? Even if its autosigned it would still be cool (I suspect the sigs that are on there are autosigned anyway). That's what we as owners care about. He's the man and one of reasons I bought the car. A certificate of any kind without Shelby's sig is always going to be something less. This doc goes in a file, not on the wall like I had hoped.

He raised a valid point - it would be nice to have an auto-signature (not actual wet signature of Mr. Shelby...auto-signed just like the stock certificates...by a machine) on the certificate. We are all fully aware it is produced by Ford but it still does say Shelby on the car. I think we are also aware of how to get his real signature and the cost involved with that....I mean, seriously.... I don't get the need for the seemingly flip responses.

I appreciate that Evasive got my point, and disappointed no one else did. I believe the sigs on the cert are Shelby employees, since the registry is through Shelby American. Why not just have an autosign of Carroll. I mean what difference would it make to do that, its no more work for anyone. My guess is that Shelby is keeping Carroll's sig exclusive to the foundation, but the fact is they wouldn't be diminishing the value of that with an autosign since its not technically real. People who want the real thing will always be willing to pay for it. I'd just like to see his name on a certificate who's purpose is to state my Shelby is a real Shelby. What better way to say that than to have Carroll's name on it?

He raised a valid point - it would be nice to have an auto-signature (not actual wet signature of Mr. Shelby...auto-signed just like the stock certificates...by a machine) on the certificate. We are all fully aware it is produced by Ford but it still does say Shelby on the car. I think we are also aware of how to get his real signature and the cost involved with that....I mean, seriously.... I don't get the need for the seemingly flip responses.

I appreciate that you appreciate he has a point. But my response wasn't in any way "flip", As you called it. And quite honestly didn't think any of the others were either. Sorry if you thought so.

Later,

Gator

I appreciate that you appreciate he has a point. But my response wasn't in any way "flip", As you called it. And quite honestly didn't think any of the others were either. Sorry if you thought so.

Later,

Gator

Wasn't referring to your post ;)

Archived