TEAM SHELBY FORUM

VIR Full Course video

MichaelP

Hi Everyone- It's been awhile since I have posted to the forum. My car has been in the shop over the winter getting a few mods (roll bar, seats, Griggs stuff). We went out to VIR this past weekend for a shakedown and the car ran well. My first time to VIR with NASA and WHAT A BLAST!!!

Here's part of the build on Facebook. There are 3 sets of photos. Let me know if you cant view.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1519683700&aid=2107829

I saw you hit 130 on the back stretch. How did the speed feel compared to stock?

The car handles way better in the corners with the Griggs front and rear suspension. At 130 going straight did not notice much difference over stock. Had a hard time getting into 5th at 6,000 RPM so I stayed in 4th. I have 3.73's in the rear... That damn Tremec....even with MGW shifter still a problem... Im going to just burn through this tranny and then start looking for another solution.

Mike

What type of camera did you film with ?

That was a smartycam hooked up to AIMS unit. I need to fiddle with the unit to get better video.. On brighter days it looks much better. There are really not many adjustments on that unit but it works with the data acquisition unit on the dash. The camera actually contains the GPS and the dash mounted device plugs into the ECU (??) to aquire the speed, rpm, etc. We added a brake sensor and oil pressure sensor as well. So much data is generated it takes a while to review.

M.

http://www.aimsports.com/products/mxl-chooser.html

Hi Everyone- It's been awhile since I have posted to the forum. My car has been in the shop over the winter getting a few mods (roll bar, seats, Griggs stuff). We went out to VIR this past weekend for a shakedown and the car ran well. My first time to VIR with NASA and WHAT A BLAST!!!

Here's part of the build on Facebook. There are 3 sets of photos. Let me know if you cant view.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?id=1519683700&aid=2107829

thanks for sharing--man thats a narrow track,Road Atlanta is much wider,allows better cornering--you probably scared the heck out of the ferrari,he didnt want to race on that track for sure

I have not been to many tracks so really can't compare. VIR was nice, facilities very nice and I thought NASA did a superb job organizing.

I'll have to give road Atlanta a go sometime.

its an incredible track---i cant drive my vert without major roll cage et al.I have driven my wifes vette on it several times, and its very fast--i got mine up to 165 and went out with a pro-driver who hit 185--scared the hell out of me.They have an execlent race there every Sept, the Petite Lemans,and also have a very good riving school, where you use their Porsches, unless you car is set up for racing. Thansk again for posting, that car is really set up now

http://www.facebook....700&aid=2107829

your run was nice and smooth the entire course, got my heart pumping thinking about doing the same thing a bit ago. Was cool seeing what speeds you were hitting and where. I was actually going faster in a lot of spots which makes me feel pretty good since it was my first time (150-155 after oaktree before the hard left and 130-135 on the other stretch). My car just felt comfortable and predictable. I'd really love to get back there sometime soon. Thanks for sharing the video.

Archived