TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I just bought a 2008 KR 2 days ago

tdshelby

I just bought a 2008 GT500KR 2 days ago. Trouble is the next day it snowed a foot! I am like the last guy to post, worried a little about miles, but I think I will just drive also. Will obviously wait for nice days w/o rain/snow. Mine has 6000 miles, so I know I will never have a low mile car. Just enjoy it I think!! I have it in a dark garage under cover so I don't have any good pics, but will sometime soon. It's the silver with blue stripes. I only had time to drive it home from guy I bought if from (about 6 miles or so). It was very intimidating, have a lot of getting used to. I am worried about damaging the front chin spoiler made of carbon fiber. Gutters and driveway approaches around here are all steep and destroy the front ends of even high riding cars. I am thinking of buying a plain GT500 plastic spoiler part and replacing it, and keeping the KR part for originality. Anyone know if the holes all line up properly? Has anyone done this? What have you paid for the spoiler?

I just bought a 2008 GT500KR 2 days ago. Trouble is the next day it snowed a foot! I am like the last guy to post, worried a little about miles, but I think I will just drive also. Will obviously wait for nice days w/o rain/snow. Mine has 6000 miles, so I know I will never have a low mile car. Just enjoy it I think!! I have it in a dark garage under cover so I don't have any good pics, but will sometime soon. It's the silver with blue stripes. I only had time to drive it home from guy I bought if from (about 6 miles or so). It was very intimidating, have a lot of getting used to. I am worried about damaging the front chin spoiler made of carbon fiber. Gutters and driveway approaches around here are all steep and destroy the front ends of even high riding cars. I am thinking of buying a plain GT500 plastic spoiler part and replacing it, and keeping the KR part for originality. Anyone know if the holes all line up properly? Has anyone done this? What have you paid for the spoiler?

Buying a plastic front splitter is a great idea if you plan to drive your KR. I did just that, but haven't put it on yet. Last time I checked, they are $170 from your local dealer, but I found a new one for $100 from craigslist.

Congrats TD (hey same initials as me, and we have the same color KR!)

Don't worry about the miles, just drive it, and enjoy, and yes, swapping out the splitter is good idea, I still MUST do this myself...

What number is yours?

Congrats and good luck on the car.

Take a look at my signature and you'll see a link where you can go to "register" your KR. If you need any help or have any questions, feel free to contact me.

As for the plastic chin spoiler from the GT-500, it will line up perfectly (no need to drill any new holes) I swapped mine out as well and was able to do it easily just lying on the ground. I purchased mine new from a local Ford dealer. Cost me around $100.

- Joe

Congrats on your purchase! I've been very happy with mine! I agree with you, if you are in an area where there are a lot of bumps in the roads, road gutters, and driveways that are not level, I would get the plastic splitter. Have fun with her and remember "Keep it between the lines"

Gary

Yes there is a difference, the KR has a radius that follows the curve of the bumper. The Stock GT500 and the Super Snake have a different radius that recesses in about an inch in the middle 2/3 of the splitter. Hard to describe precisely.

Yes there is a difference, the KR has a radius that follows the curve of the bumper. The Stock GT500 and the Super Snake have a different radius that recesses in about an inch in the middle 2/3 of the splitter. Hard to describe precisely.

Thanks there is a KR that i see often ,will have to pay attention next time i see it. I think it's a dialy driver.

• 1 month later...

Finally have some pictures. My son just showed me how to do a photobucket account.

IMG_3305.jpg

IMG_3302.jpg

IMG_3275.jpg

IMG_3308.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_3300.jpg

I put a stock GT500 front splitter on it to preserve the KR carbon fiber. I have very deep gutters and entrances to driveways here that just destroy front ends. I have already heard it scrape 2 times, but at $170 I feel little pain compared to over $3500 for CF splitter.

tdshelby

Sexy :drool:

I'm not a fan of 20" wheels, but those Alcoas sure do look good on our cars. What size tires/wheels?

\

Tires are 295/30ZR20 255/35ZR20 TOYO Proxes4

The guy I bought the car from had put these new wheels and on, and still had the OE KR wheels and F1 tires. I bought the original wheels and tires too. According to him, the 20 inch and TOYO s grip much better than the stock tires and wheels. I have never intentionally peeled out, but I have put the throttle down and they hold quite well.

Beautiful car! Looks like you did end up changing that front spoiler. Did you buy it with the 20" wheels and dash signed or do that yourself?

I got the dash signed after I bought the car. The guy I bought the car from had put these new wheels and on, and still had the OE KR wheels and F1 tires. I bought the original wheels and tires too. According to him, the 20 inch and TOYO s grip much better than the stock tires and wheels. I have never intentionally peeled out, but I have put the throttle down and they hold quite well.

Tires are 295/30ZR20 255/35ZR20 TOYO Proxes4.

• 4 weeks later...

[VERY NICE!!!! CONGRATS!! SAME color as mine; LOVE the wheel change out and tires idea too! I'll HAVE to look into that Chin Spoiler swap out now too for sure! GREAT idea! I've not even driven mine or started it since LAST YEAR! UGH! : < I DO have the battery charger on her now though!! : > IF the weather holds I'll have to fire her up; hear that GREAT ROAR and get her out in the sunshine!! :shift:

quote name='tdshelby' timestamp='1302581393' post='1141108]

I got the dash signed after I bought the car. The guy I bought the car from had put these new wheels and on, and still had the OE KR wheels and F1 tires. I bought the original wheels and tires too. According to him, the 20 inch and TOYO s grip much better than the stock tires and wheels. I have never intentionally peeled out, but I have put the throttle down and they hold quite well.

Tires are 295/30ZR20 255/35ZR20 TOYO Proxes4.

Archived