TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Astards-bay

Madlock

Sometimes you just do not have time to wash the car yourself. If you leave it dirty until you have time to wash it, could actually damage the paint even worse. I'm lucky that there is a 100% hand wash close to where I live but there is a specific time I go, right when they open in the morning. Thats when the guys just arrived work energized, the owner is there supervising, the water, sponges, towels, and micro fiber cloths all fresh. Now if you go pass 11 am, that is when the guys are excited to go to lunch so they rush the job, temperature is getting hot exposing your wet car under the sun, the person is hot as well affecting his work, the sponges and towels are dirty and the owner is out for lunch. Now if you go in the afternoon, you are just asking for it. The guys are tired, everything is dirty, everybody wants to go home, the owner is already at home.

So, basically you're saying you work all day 7 days a week ?

So, basically you're saying you work all day 7 days a week ?

I do not remember saying that but is that all you think a person does that could take time? I work 5 days, I come home dead tired and do not get enough sleep everynight thanks to my 5 month old daughter. I have two dogs that I can't walk both at the same time (Lab and a German) which I walk on the week ends. My wife is a night shift nurse and works on week ends. I clean, cook, laundry, baby sit, and walk the dogs also on the week ends. If I do get some extra time, I work out. My health is more important than my car. Washing my car is a luxury right now. I'm only 28 but I feel old and dead tired most of the time. :banghead:

I do not remember saying that but is that all you think a person does that could take time? I work 5 days, I come home dead tired and do not get enough sleep everynight thanks to my 5 month old daughter. I have two dogs that I can't walk both at the same time (Lab and a German) which I walk on the week ends. My wife is a night shift nurse and works on week ends. I clean, cook, laundry, baby sit, and walk the dogs also on the week ends. If I do get some extra time, I work out. My health is more important than my car. Washing my car is a luxury right now. I'm only 28 but I feel old and dead tired most of the time. :banghead:

Amen....having young kids (we have two) means you work 7 days a week by default . It's worth it, but sure makes it hard to get to any projects around the house or otherwise. I do make the time to wash my car over other things I probably should be doing, but I have an understanding with my wife that having my car clean keeps me sane. It's my one sanctuary. :confused:

Amen....having young kids (we have two) means you work 7 days a week by default . It's worth it, but sure makes it hard to get to any projects around the house or otherwise. I do make the time to wash my car over other things I probably should be doing, but I have an understanding with my wife that having my car clean keeps me sane. It's my one sanctuary. :confused:

How can you have two?! :eek5: I am already scared straight with just one. I lost my buddies because they are all single and they think I'm boring nowadays, and to them the only thing that is cool about me is my car lol. Ocassionaly I do get the time to wash my car but I just hate it when my wife checks on me and have that "you could be doing something more productive like bathing the dogs" kinda look. I swear I almost cried when I saw this commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RyPamyWotM

Ocassionaly I do get the time to wash my car but I just hate it when my wife checks on me and have that "you could be doing something more productive like bathing the dogs" kinda look.

Dude, get used to it. It only gets worse.

I have 37 years of marriage under my belt, coming up on 38 years in April (and I'm only 55 years old! <sob>) and believe me when I tell ya, it don't get any better.

Oh, and you better start learning how to read minds too....at least HER mind.

Because when she gives you a certain look, you're supposed to *know* what it means...without asking her. And if you get it wrong (and you do about 50-60% of the time) you are SCREWED...well, actually, you're NOT getting screwed, at least not by HER.

Sheesh, Women.....ya gotta love 'em 'cause it's illegal to kill 'em, ya can't make BBQ ribs out of 'em or have heterosexual sex without 'em.

She's got the "mine" (quite literally) and I got the shaft. And she controls when the mine is operating..or not.

I'm serious, it only gets worse so ya better make DAMN sure you love her before you spend another 10-20 years with her! LOL

And just remember (she'll remind you if you forget)...."It's half hers".

Phill Pollard

Dude, get used to it. It only gets worse.

I have 37 years of marriage under my belt, coming up on 38 years in April (and I'm only 55 years old! <sob>) and believe me when I tell ya, it don't get any better.

Oh, and you better start learning how to read minds too....at least HER mind.

Because when she gives you a certain look, you're supposed to *know* what it means...without asking her. And if you get it wrong (and you do about 50-60% of the time) you are SCREWED...well, actually, you're NOT getting screwed, at least not by HER.

Sheesh, Women.....ya gotta love 'em 'cause it's illegal to kill 'em, ya can't make BBQ ribs out of 'em or have heterosexual sex without 'em.

She's got the "mine" (quite literally) and I got the shaft. And she controls when the mine is operating..or not.

I'm serious, it only gets worse so ya better make DAMN sure you love her before you spend another 10-20 years with her! LOL

And just remember (she'll remind you if you forget)...."It's half hers".

Phill Pollard

Phill,

Please don't sugar coat it. :hysterical:

LOL @ Phil.

I'm in year-two of my second tour, and let me tell you, having one NOT work-out puts an ENTIRELY different spin on another.

It's all about knowing which battles to fight - and then surrendering those even sooner. Having re-married to someone who'd also traveled a similar path, we've both accepted the wisdom of not sweating "small stuff", at least between us - and at the end of the day, there's not a whole lot that isn't.

LOL @ Phil.

I'm in year-two of my second tour, and let me tell you, having one NOT work-out puts an ENTIRELY different spin on another.

It's all about knowing which battles to fight - and then surrendering those even sooner. Having re-married to someone who'd also traveled a similar path, we've both accepted the wisdom of not sweating "small stuff", at least between us - and at the end of the day, there's not a whole lot that isn't.

+1 Madlock. Well said. I have been down the same path and *learned* to not sweat the small stuff and to carefully choose your battles well.

-HAWKBARR

+1 Madlock. Well said. I have been down the same path and *learned* to not sweat the small stuff and to carefully choose your battles well.

-HAWKBARR

So y'all are sayin' I should divorce this one and start anew with another?

Can she be blonde, cute as a button, about 5'1" with big round breasteses and dumb as a rock? You know....a "Hef" wife....

'Cuz that sounds GOOD to me!!!

<LOL> Phill

Jeez, you guys are a bunch of Upstarts... I've had the fun of going through four, yes, (4) of them. Finished the last one a couple of years ago. At 50, I just don't want to do it anymore. I am just going to fish, ride my Harley, and burn the asphault off the pavement with my Shelby (if I ever have a chance at a life outside of Afghanistan, that is). My life-style takes me away too much and has been that way for the last 28 years. I could just never get them to stick around long enough. And Phil is right, they get HALF, even when they didn't earn it... You should always remember, "It's cheaper to keep her"... ESPECIALLY if there is a child... I missed too much of my daughters growing up years. Luckily, she has lived with me for the last 6. But, now I get to pay her Tuition while her mother doesn't pay a dime when all those years earlier I was paying through the teeth on a soldiers pay. Aaaahh, she's worth it I guess (most of the time...LOL).

...You should always remember, "It's cheaper to keep her"...

Well there IS a generally less-expensive option, but not without risks of its own. How ironic you're so often in A-stan... their way of settling such affairs is, if barbaric, also FAR more efficient. I bet you don't run into many bearded tribals grousing about the 4op (oxpower) cart he had to give-up taking to the track to pay alimony...

Makes you wonder if the U.S. may not be OVER prosecuting certain aspects....

For what it's worth, after not receiving a promised phone call from the owner yesterday, I showed-up with a full head of steam today - and left, check in-hand (which I promptly cashed at his bank within 30 minutes).

I managed to drive the cost down (for HIS benefit) to total about $210.00 - rather than my initial $300 ballpark. Both the parts desk and my preferred bodywork vendor gave me their most favorable terms. Even so, the owner wanted to niggle over the sales tax I paid - to the point of suggesting I call both vendors and ask them to reprocess the transactions as exempt B2B sales. I told him I had no interest in doing so - out of sheer embarrassment.

I explained his two options - pay the $212, or I'd be perfectly happy to settle the matter in another venue, where every nickel of my time, mileage, fuel would be sought. His response - "When I talked with you Wednesday, you seemed to be so reasonable...." After basically making him restate to me what he wanted me to do - and tally-up the exact amount he had hoped to save, I think I finally shamed him into good sense. Oy.

The stripe should arrive Monday or Tuesday, and the car will be fixed one or two days thereafter.

Archived