TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shoes!

Friday I ordered a new set of shoes for the car. I should have them by Tuesday and mounted by end of the week. They are Toyo Proxes 4 255/45-18. They have a treadwear rating of 300 versus 400 for the BF Goodrich tires. A little softer for some better traction but not too soft that they will be wore too soon. Haha, my BFG's which are 400 are pretty much down to the tire with only 13.5K.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-4-all-season-high-performance-tires

Here is my before pics: Will post after pics once mounted!

reartireview.jpg

sideviewoftire.jpg

tiresideview.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Friday I ordered a new set of shoes for the car. I should have them by Tuesday and mounted by end of the week. They are Toyo Proxes 4 255/45-18. They have a treadwear rating of 300 versus 400 for the BF Goodrich tires. A little softer for some better traction but not too soft that they will be wore too soon. Haha, my BFG's which are 400 are pretty much down to the tire with only 13.5K.

http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/proxes-4-all-season-high-performance-tires

Here is my before pics: Will post after pics once mounted!

reartireview.jpg

sideviewoftire.jpg

tiresideview.jpg

Bf goodrich get bad reviews on those tires I did a research on performance tires they were the worst. I can still remember getting caught in a snow flurry and just tapping my brakes and the shelby going sideways.

But God was on my side to get to my house theres a steep hill to go up and there was a dept truck dropping sand on the hill. So I rode behind him other wise my car would be sitting in a parking lot.

I may go with Continetial DWS all season since my car is driven all year round they get awesome reviews but the only thing is their side wall is a little soft for heavy turns. Toyo's also get great reviews also Hancock summer tires.

Archived