TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tunnel Ram Intake manifold

I read and saw an article on the new boss were the intake manifold runners were longer. I was wondering just for the hell of it what if you used the charge motion plate to lengthen the tubes its should bring up your top end rpm. Like it did for the BOSS, I really need to get my own dyno and run these ideas !!!

You mean by adding an additional plate off another car minus the internals? How about deleting the plate and machining a spacer...?

Something in that manner would work just placing a 1/2 in or 1in spacer. Have to see how thick the charge motion plates are on our engines may be able to us the factory ones and just remove the butterfly valves. It can't hurt to try its like have a holley carb and intake and you put in a large spacer it brings up your rpms on topend. If I remember correctly.

Cool...I'll keep my finger crossed man post some pics if you are up to it...I love how you just experiment with your car...its really cool! Glad your doing OK as well man...Cheers!

Thanks bud and hope all is good at home. I'll keep you advised and if anything going to use the factory ones and cut flaps out no way spending money on a new charge motion plate unless someone donates one.

Archived