Hey guys,

I need some help from the gurus. Here is breakdown of what I have installed:

FRPP lowering springs

DSS one piece drive shaft

TA Performance Rear End Girdle

BMR Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod with relocation bracket

Griggs adjustable LCA's with relocation brackets

J&M Street Double Adj. Upper Control Arm

Now here is the issue. On the drivers side the panhard rod bangs on the stock panhard brace. Is this an issue that will be resolved with an aftermarket brace? Or is there another issue that will still be there regardless if I swap out the brace?

Thanks for the help,

Shane

Ok so it dawned on me after typing out all the stuff I have installed. I have the TA rear end girdle installed so I had to install the panhard relocation bracket which moves the panhard rod out and inch or so to clear the girdle. This change ends up putting the panhard bar below the brace and now I get the bang on suspension load. Is there a tubular brace that I could install? Does anybody have any insight on this matter?

Thanks,

Shane

Shane,

Get the BMR brace. I had the problem with the BMR panhard and brand x brace. As you can see, the clearances are really tight. The BMR bar and brace are made to work together. I also have the BMR relo bracket and the low profile (G2) FRPP girdle. They work great together.

Hey guys,

I need some help from the gurus. Here is breakdown of what I have installed:

FRPP lowering springs

DSS one piece drive shaft

TA Performance Rear End Girdle

BMR Tubular Adjustable Panhard Rod with relocation bracket

Griggs adjustable LCA's with relocation brackets

J&M Street Double Adj. Upper Control Arm

Now here is the issue. On the drivers side the panhard rod bangs on the stock panhard brace. Is this an issue that will be resolved with an aftermarket brace? Or is there another issue that will still be there regardless if I swap out the brace?

Thanks for the help,

Shane

BMR Part number phr008 will give you the clearance you need. Shelby also offers the same part (made by bmr). Shelby doesnt have the part in stock. I ordered mine and received it in a week. I installed it yesturday and no more noise. Check my posts and you will see the effected area. The interference was coming from the left side about three inches from where the bar attaches to the relocation bracket. The cas is a pleasure to drive again. Hope this helps.

What happens is that the stock reinforcement brace is shaped like an upside down U.

____

| O | Brace with bar inside it

The stock panhard rod fits in this brace when the suspension hits a bump. When you add a relocation bracket, the angle of the rod no longer fits inside the brace. In addition, the adjustable panhard rods have large adjustment nuts that also won't fit. So when you hit a bump the rod bangs on the brace rather than smoothly fitting inside it. Replacing the stock panhard reinforcement brace with a BMR reinforcement brace which is basically a flat bar completely solves the problem. This is from experience.

BMR Part number phr008 will give you the clearance you need. Shelby also offers the same part (made by bmr). Shelby doesnt have the part in stock. I ordered mine and received it in a week. I installed it yesturday and no more noise. Check my posts and you will see the effected area. The interference was coming from the left side about three inches from where the bar attaches to the relocation bracket. The cas is a pleasure to drive again. Hope this helps.

Hey Fourd,

I looked up the part number but it comes back as the relocation bracket for the lower panhard rod. I cannot find the one that Shelby has on their site on BMR's site anywhere. Is there another place I can order the bar from that has it in stock?

Thanks,

Shane

Hey 6-speed,

Thanks for the help. I'm not sure if that one will provide enough clearance for me. I am looking for this bar:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shelby-gt500-suspension-panhard-bars-and-braces-shelby-performance-c-5711_5871_5893_7800/shelby-performance-05-10-mustang-rear-panhard-rod-body-brace-p-30275

Shelby doesn't have the bar in stock and Ill call lethal tomorrow to see if they do. Hopefully someone will.

Shane

Shane,

The brace you want is the identical brace that banged big time with my BMR panhard rod. Why don't you want the BMR brace? I don't understand. It's a guaranteed fit.

Shane,

The brace you want is the identical brace that banged big time with my BMR panhard rod. Why don't you want the BMR brace? I don't understand. It's a guaranteed fit.

Sorry, I didnt know that was the "brand x" brace you had. I thought that tubular bar was also made by BMR and sold to Shelby to cure this particular issue.

So you paired this bar:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-suspension-panhard-bars-and-braces-bmr-fabrication-c-2052_2149_2156_2801/bmr-2007-gt500-tubular-adjustable-panhard-rod-p-13406

with this brace and it cured your banging issue?:

http://www.lethalperformance.com/07-09-shelby-gt500-suspension-panhard-bars-and-braces-bmr-fabrication-c-2052_2149_2156_2801/bmr-2007-gt500-upper-panhard-rod-support-p-13408

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for your help,

Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fourd,

I looked up the part number but it comes back as the relocation bracket for the lower panhard rod. I cannot find the one that Shelby has on their site on BMR's site anywhere. Is there another place I can order the bar from that has it in stock?

Thanks,

Shane

Sorry for the late reply. BMR accidently sent be the relocation bracket and that was the invoice I looked at The 007 bracket fixed everything. Hopefully you have yours installed now and your problem is fixed. JD

Archived