TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just bought 09 KR

09RedKR

I bought the red w/ silver, no nav, and only has shaker 500, but I really love this car! Problem is that I love driving it, but am afraid of putting too many miles on it. What are you guys doing about the mileage/value issue? I have 2k miles now. What do you guys think about the car covers that Shelby custom makes for YOUR car, ie color, stripe color, etc. They are $399, but look really good quality. Anyways, glad to finally be here!!!!

The cover is awesome...well worth it. You can catch a 15 or 20% discount offer from Shelby from time to time and it becomes an even better deal!

How about some pics of that beauty?

I struggle with the mileage thing too...the best advice (and what most here will say) is that these cars are not investments (very few are) and drive it like you stole it. Enjoy it, that's what they are meant for. And while I completely agree and it makes perfect sense, I can't help but want to keep it a pristine and low mile car. At the end of the day, just do what makes you happy...because that's what it is all about when it comes to your toys / the way you spend your money.

I bought the red w/ silver, no nav, and only has shaker 500, but I really love this car! Problem is that I love driving it, but am afraid of putting too many miles on it. What are you guys doing about the mileage/value issue? I have 2k miles now. What do you guys think about the car covers that Shelby custom makes for YOUR car, ie color, stripe color, etc. They are $399, but look really good quality. Anyways, glad to finally be here!!!!

I will NOT even read the other comments... Dude, DRIVE it anywhere and everywhere you want! These are made to be driven and do not worry about miles and whatever else. Enjoy it every moment you can...

Put some miles it!! What are you going to do, keep the milage down for the guy you sell it to? Did you buy it for yourself or the next owner?

Carol designed these cars to be driven and raced.

You now are the owner of a "work of art." Drive that KR!!

Does anyone chain these KR's up and drive them in the snow ? :hysterical:

As soon as you post up a video of you driving your car like that and showing us how to properly secure the chains, perhaps we'll follow suit !...................lol

As soon as you post up a video of you driving your car like that and showing us how to properly secure the chains, perhaps we'll follow suit !...................lol

I think this guy should of had some chains on his KR:

https://www.ridesafely.com/Inventory.aspx?InventoryID=1102032915

Congrats, and welcome! I'm averaging about 800-1,000 miles a month. Depends mostly on the weather. It was so nice here last week that I drove it every day. Yesterday, I spent about 3 hours detailing her, and now she's back under the custom cover. BTW, those covers are awesome!

Enjoy!

Congrats.

As to mileage, as far as I am concerned the KR is a very limited production Shelby and likely the last pre title Shelby and will be a desirable collectible in the future. Enjoy the car but I wouldn't put daily driver miles on it. Otherwise you would have been better off with a standard GT500 IMO.

Thanks to all for the responses!! I love my car. Fortunately I have a company truck, and a Harley, so I doubt I'll put too many miles on her. Now, I'm just waiting for those custom covers to go on sale, or for a discount coupon from Shelby in my inbox. I can't drive her for awhile, I just removed my passenger airbag cover and sent it to CS Foundation along with a check for $265, and patiently, (NOT!!), waiting for it to come back signed. I doubt he will be signing too much longer, so I couldn't resist his autograph on the KR! Can't wait!! I miss her already....

Congrats on the purchase!! Mine is not a daily driver and never will be. That doesn't mean I wont' put some miles on her though. When the weather is nice, I will take her out and go for a cruise, and I'll smoke a few Z06's or Crapmaros on the way too :D. To me it's not a car to drive to work and leave in the parking lot all day.

Archived