TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sad day

well, to each his own. But I really have a hard time with this logic. You take a value hit on the GT500. Buy a new car, and take a hit on that as well. Then spend money for mods on new car. All to save a few bucks a week in fuel on 60 mile commute? My father was in the car industry for 40 years, he told me something when I was a kid that still is in my head today, "The cheapest car you can own, is the one you already have."

Much luck with the new stang.

[/quote

I have to agree with your fathers logic;"The cheapest car you can own, is the one you already have." I know that I could probably sell my 65 and get a nice new GT and not pay for much gas, but my car is paid for, I enjoy it, and the mods I can do to it would cost a lot less then the cost of todays technological mods. And if I did want to spend the money, I can restomod it to keep up with the new ones. But the key is that I love my car, like a marriage " through the good times and the bad " But if he save by paying less for the insurence, less for gas, less for payments, etc, then more power to him. Wether he kept the 500, or got this V6, happiness is the key, and that is what makes it the right choice for him. Nice stang. Good luck with it and enjoy your DD!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived