TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Stock SS looking for traction

shane42

Choices

1) Wider tires, 315,335?

2) griggs suspension (gr40ss)

Will any one of the choices or both combined get 1st and 2nd traction, trying to keep[ the 20" wheels, I'm sure I can go with a taller tire and smaller wheel for better traction

Shane

Maybe both.

Choices

1) Wider tires, 315,335?

2) griggs suspension (gr40ss)

Will any one of the choices or both combined get 1st and 2nd traction, trying to keep[ the 20" wheels, I'm sure I can go with a taller tire and smaller wheel for better traction

Shane

Wider tires yes, taller tires? The Super Snake is lowered, taller tires will either cause fender lip contact issues, or cause you to have to raise the car to eliminate contact issues. Wider tires, while keeping the diameter as close to the original as possible is the best bet, IMHO. If you start jacking the car up, then the handling will change, and not for the better. I don't know that first gear will ever be completely usable unless you get into the "tub" world. Second gear should be more managable with the wider rubber, but with the stock axle and fender area of a 2005+ Mustang, there is only so much that will fit.

The Griggs suspension? I am not sure where it shines best, straight line? or twists and turns? Maybe both? not sure.

R

Archived