TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Loud spring sound from rear when going over bumps

motormouth

I have been getting a rusty spring sound from my rear end when going over bumps. Have car at shop now he has checked lower control arms, shocks, upgraded sway bars, and link, all are good. Hasn't made it to upper link yet (going to do in morning) I am sure someone here has already had this fixed and would like to see what they found.

Is it like a creaking sound? I had something similar and thought it was my LCA's or driver side rear spring perch. When I would accelerate and the weight would transfer from front to rear I would get the creaking sound. I had Griggs adjustable LCA's installed along with a J&M adjustable UCA and when the tech got to the UCA he noticed that the UCA bushing on top of the diff was wasted. This caused havoc for me for a long time, I had driveshaft vibration, creaking, LOUD metal on metal banging sound when I downshift from a 60mph roll and punch it.

Check the mount. HTH's,

Shane

Is it like a creaking sound? I had something similar and thought it was my LCA's or driver side rear spring perch. When I would accelerate and the weight would transfer from front to rear I would get the creaking sound. I had Griggs adjustable LCA's installed along with a J&M adjustable UCA and when the tech got to the UCA he noticed that the UCA bushing on top of the diff was wasted. This caused havoc for me for a long time, I had driveshaft vibration, creaking, LOUD metal on metal banging sound when I downshift from a 60mph roll and punch it.

Check the mount. HTH's,

Shane

I have the same creaking sound from the driver's side rear spring on my Griggs GR40SS. I only hear it a low speeds going over bumps. I have a torque arm so no UCA. I have checked all the bushings and I don't see any that are cracked or deformed. I have had a rattle from what sounds like the passenger side spring area since day one but can't find anything loose. I wonder if it's not the Watts Link heim joints? I don't have any noticeable issues other than those two noises over low speed bumps. :shrug:

Archived