TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ETA FOR 12 GT500

DOGEMAN223

They were months late last year on my car.... initial quote was early April I believe....I got my car on June 7. I do hope for your sake that they are on time this year though... I felt like I missed out on some quality cruising time ... all of the nicest days of the Summer were Shelbyless.

The original 2011 that I ordered had a ETA of 2 May 2010. The car didn't arrive until September. When July came around and it still didn't arrive I went with another car from a different dealer. The problem with the early build cars is if they find an issue it will be constantly in and out of Quality Hold. It was actually the worst car buying experience that I have ever had BUT it was worth it.

Maybe you will have better luck than some of us did but I wouldn't get your hopes up with the initial ETA. Congrats on your purchase! It will be worth it no matter how long the wait time. You will Love it!

What color and options did you get?

Black with red insert and red stripe, svt, navi, and glass roof. Thanks for the info

My 2011 was about a month late, but the previous poster makes a good point in that 11's and 12's are almost identical, so maybe the QC holds will be minimal on your car. As stated many times, previous, the wait is worth it!!

Thanks, One of the forum poster said 12 may have locker but I checked my invoice just saids limited slip diffrential. I guess I will find out when the car comes in.

My 12 will be here 3/13/11 ordered in Dec ,

Silver Met

Glass Roof

SVT Pkg

Elec Pkg

Do you have a VIN # too ? Curious as to any changes other than what the order guides say , Really No Info on the 2012 year car out there ?

Its some some big secret or something , LOL....

Do you have a DSO from the dealer . Your dealer can tell you your build date & can check on that date to see if it was built. He can also check if it is shipped . It will probably be shipped a week after its built unless held for QC.

Yes I have the vin number and I ordered mine nov of 10. I was talking to ford last wk after they told me car is still in production I was told to get with dealer couple days before to check the shipping stat. Then ford rep said anything else I can help and I said do you have any info on 12 he said they can send sales brocere. I said I think I will recive the car before the brocere. Then I said when is it going out then, he said this month. I told my wife see which one arives first. I also asked about why svt pkage is 500 more this yr to see if that 500 is going to TORSEN locker but no info.

Ford said eta on my 12 GT500 is 25th of Feb 11. Called dealer and they said maybe maybe not. How realistic is this, are they usally on time or what is the realistic date. This my first order thanks

I was in my dealership today. I was told they have a 2012 scheduled to be on the floor in 2-4 weeks but should be closer to 2 weeks.

They also have two Boss 302's and one *might* be a LS version.

Also a Shelby GT350 in Jay Cimino's name (Roger could check this if he is able to) will be on the floor. Jay is the owner of the Long Dealership Group (and is RICH beyound reason!).

I SHOULD be able to see a Blue w/silver stripes 2011 GT500 "base" Convertable (which is there now),

A 2012 Coupe (SVTPP if I remember right), no color given.

A Boss LS

A Boss 302

A GT350 Coupe w/MT

A Roush (unknown stage I, 2 or 3).

I lOVE my dealership!

I will also have a report on some of the many parts from a '11 that retrofit onto a '10. I got the MSRP for the '11 sidevies mirror glass pieces today and they let me climb around under their '11 to see what difference I could find and I fond MANY that I'm going to be buying for my '10!

The Convertable body rear body braces are TOUGH! Those are "for sure items" as they will stiffen up a couple like a freakin' race car. The front belley pan runs all the way back to the first crossmember and is one-pice, and will bolt right up in place of the 2010 model year. The two aero flaps just in front of the rear wheels are simple and look like they retrofit easy enough too. The metal cover under the spare tire in plastic on the 2011 and looks a little "less deep" so a slight weight savings AND less aerodynamic drag would be produced from it so it's going in my shopping cart.

But those rear body braces are a MUST HAVE....put 'em on a couple and I'll bet it strengthens the body somethin' fierce. They are STOUT and don't look all that expensive.

And the less I can get that body to twist/flex, the more I can allow the *suspension* to do the work!

I got plans.......................

Oh yeah, it appears to me that the back seat is one single piece. No more folding down the right side or rhe left side, looks like you fold down BOTH sides. I wanted to get a set of rear seat backs so I could have the rear folding headrests but screw it if I lose the ability to lower one half of my rear seat. Can anyone with a '11 tell me fer sure?

Phill Pollard

Gang -

I'm still a newbie but coming up to speed quickly. I'm back in the market for a GT500, and was at my local dealership in Maryland this weekend. They told me that that there is currently a 2-3 week hold on orders for 2012's due to a supply chain/parts availability issue. This was the sales manager telling me this, so I'd assume he was well informed? His time frame for delivery was 12 to 20 weeks. They're thinking maybe a mid-June delivery for this late February order.

They didn't have any brochures so they printed out the Shelby pages of the sourcebook for me, and I've studied it carefully. One thing I have yet to verify but looks like a possible change is that black stripes will be available with Kona Blue. I was thrilled to see this as it's exactly the combo I'm looking for. My original plan was to go Kona Blue with a stripe delete, then pay through the nose to have black stripes put on, but I'm hoping that won't be necessary for the 2012. I'm basically going to load it up with everything except the SVT PP... I'm more of a cruiser looking for a more compliant ride. So elex package, glass roof, and car cover. Oh, and I'm hesitant about the Recaro seats unless I can actually sit in them first. I'll have to keep my eyes open in the neighborhood to see if a 2012 shows up soon.

So, I'm basically down to the not-so-fun part: price negotiation. Here goes nuthin...

Sween

I was in my dealership today. I was told they have a 2012 scheduled to be on the floor in 2-4 weeks but should be closer to 2 weeks.

They also have two Boss 302's and one *might* be a LS version.

Also a Shelby GT350 in Jay Cimino's name (Roger could check this if he is able to) will be on the floor. Jay is the owner of the Long Dealership Group (and is RICH beyound reason!).

I SHOULD be able to see a Blue w/silver stripes 2011 GT500 "base" Convertable (which is there now),

A 2012 Coupe (SVTPP if I remember right), no color given.

A Boss LS

A Boss 302

A GT350 Coupe w/MT

A Roush (unknown stage I, 2 or 3).

I lOVE my dealership!

I will also have a report on some of the many parts from a '11 that retrofit onto a '10. I got the MSRP for the '11 sidevies mirror glass pieces today and they let me climb around under their '11 to see what difference I could find and I fond MANY that I'm going to be buying for my '10!

The Convertable body rear body braces are TOUGH! Those are "for sure items" as they will stiffen up a couple like a freakin' race car. The front belley pan runs all the way back to the first crossmember and is one-pice, and will bolt right up in place of the 2010 model year. The two aero flaps just in front of the rear wheels are simple and look like they retrofit easy enough too. The metal cover under the spare tire in plastic on the 2011 and looks a little "less deep" so a slight weight savings AND less aerodynamic drag would be produced from it so it's going in my shopping cart.

But those rear body braces are a MUST HAVE....put 'em on a couple and I'll bet it strengthens the body somethin' fierce. They are STOUT and don't look all that expensive.

And the less I can get that body to twist/flex, the more I can allow the *suspension* to do the work!

I got plans.......................

Oh yeah, it appears to me that the back seat is one single piece. No more folding down the right side or rhe left side, looks like you fold down BOTH sides. I wanted to get a set of rear seat backs so I could have the rear folding headrests but screw it if I lose the ability to lower one half of my rear seat. Can anyone with a '11 tell me fer sure?

Phill Pollard

What dealer are you talking about? I would like to come check out the goodies too.

What dealer are you talking about? I would like to come check out the goodies too.

Phil Long Ford, Motor City Drive (CoS).

See Robert Barnes or....shoot, Christy? Chrissy? I call her both and she answers so it's close enough.

She said about 6 weeks on the GT350 and it will likley be made in Jay's name (Jay Cimino is the owner, Mike is his "kid") so they can get it and have it on the showroom since it's a "post title car"

The two Boss cars she wasn't real sure on but she said both should be here around the same time. They have two allocated and she's not sure if one will be the LS or not but she's hopin'....and so am I.

She's supposed to e-mail me when they get close....

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

Archived