TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fuel in the tank

badpuss

What was your fuel level at delivery? I had about 2 gallons when the car was picked up with 6 miles on the speedo.

The salesman said the owner of the dealership didn't want anyone driving the car to the gas station before we picked it up.

I made them throw in a service manual to compensate for the near empty tank.

What was your fuel level at delivery? I had about 2 gallons when the car was picked up with 6 miles on the speedo.

The salesman said the owner of the dealership didn't want anyone driving the car to the gas station before we picked it up.

Check your DORA....you paid for those two gallons of fuel! Complimentry items are far and few between with these cars. I was able to get the "Bold Moves" banner from the showroom. He also "threw in" the Fusion Racing banner as well, which I have little interest in. As far as not allowing anyone to drive it, trust me... be happy. My dealer is under strick orders to contact me when it shows up.

First off let me compliment you on you fine color choice

that is a nice looking car

I had 6 miles on my car and a full tank of gas

dang :ohsnap: wish I would have thought of asking for a service manual

Had mine drop shipped not a good experience as treatment wasn`t pleasant, as my wife said when I went to pick it up " I never met So Many Rude people in one place" . They did give me chit to fill my tank at a Sunoco just around the corner from the dealer as the car was on empty & had only 15 km on it. If it had two gallons in it when it was shipped they must of idled it for sometime go figure.

Well, it depends on how you look at it. I greeted my car as it came off the truck. At that time the car a ZERO fuel in the tank, and I mean ZERO. I had to help the delivery driver push the car onto the dealer's property because it would not start. On the other hand, when I came back after the car had its PDI, it was presented to me with a full tank.

So I guess in all fairness I should say that it was delivered to me with a full tank.

When I picked my car up from the dealer the tank was full. They charged me $1000.00 per gallon.

I think they called it ADM. :shrug:

Alan

My dealer, in Cleveland, had my car delivered by private covered car carrier to my house in Dayton. He gave me the option of filling it up himself or giving me $50 credit to fill it up myself. I elected to take the $50 and fill it up myself for 2 reasons: First, I did not want anyone driving it to the gas station and who knows where else, and 2, I did not want that person putting in 87 octane and buying chips and a six pack with the difference and then driving around showing his friends the car. It had 12 miles on it at delivery and was immaculate.

My car was delivered to me with only 2gallons. I'm actually happy about that since the weather in upstate NY was terrible at the time. With a 1foot+ of snow on the ground, I was glad they didn't attempt to drive it over to the station to fill it. Plus, that car was only going to sit in my garage anyway until the weather improved. I'll get a fresh tank of 93octane once the weather warms.

:headscratch: Every car I've ever purchased came with a full tank of gas. I thought that's just the way it was done. I can't believe a dealership wouldn't fill the tank. You're spending enough money on the car, the least they can do is part with the 50 bucks for full tank of gas.

Archived