TEAM SHELBY FORUM

blowers

softy

KENNE BELL !!! Got with the liquid cooled, I just had one put on in December and just got to drive it yesterday for the first time. Wife says it feels like a jet airplane taking off and sounds like it too. After a quick 10 mile run I parked it opened the hood and layed my hand on the S/C it was warm but not hot. Thanks K/B.

I'm a Whipple fan, I have the 3.4 would have done the 2.9 but it took to long to come out when I was looking.

No jet airplane sound here..... I had that sound on the stock s/c with the 2.6 pulley and to me it was annoying.... but to each their own.

The K/B blower will get the power your looking for as well. I also didn't like the shoe box look of the K/B blower

...if you look at actual calibrtion files, side-by-side, it's quite clear that some local tuners seem to know a whole lot more about doing things rightt than some well-known tuners. That said, I'd drive cross country if necessary to have someone like Dennis at Tasca tune an SC'd motor because he was trained properly, truly kinows why the right way is right (there is only *one* right way), and actually does it that way on every car he tunes. He's not the only one, but he's the only one I know of that you can be sure of.

...if you look at actual calibrtion files, side-by-side, it's quite clear that some local tuners seem to know a whole lot more about doing things rightt than some well-known tuners. That said, I'd drive cross country if necessary to have someone like Dennis at Tasca tune an SC'd motor because he was trained properly, truly kinows why the right way is right (there is only *one* right way), and actually does it that way on every car he tunes. He's not the only one, but he's the only one I know of that you can be sure of.

He will not tune a KB equipped car !

I suspect that has nothing to do with the SC itself and lots to do with 'other' components. He's not into shortcuts, only doing things right.

What happens then when he does a SuperSnake conversion with a KB?I was told by Tasca they used the KB canned tune only.You would think that after spending over 30k and maybe adding some other upgrades while it's there ie.headers,injectors,gears,camshafts,that the car be tuned?Who does it?

The KB tune is actually pretty darn good from what I've read so I'm sure they go with the supplied tune.

Yes,their tunes are fine,I know first hand.However,when you start modding,the canned tune cannot be used.

What happens then when he does a SuperSnake conversion with a KB?I was told by Tasca they used the KB canned tune only.You would think that after spending over 30k and maybe adding some other upgrades while it's there ie.headers,injectors,gears,camshafts,that the car be tuned?Who does it?

I'd suspect that what they do as a Shelby Mod Shop is dictated by Shelby. What they do as the Tasca Mod Shop they have total control over. I wish they'd updae their website since they have more packages they aren't showing there.

heyyyyyyy man if would not mind ,give us a list of the bad tuners .:hysterical:

Dennis is a perfectionist. He doesnt promise you anything he cant deliver. If anybody is in the Tasca area stop in they have some wild things going on this year with there racing program

Oh this thread isn't quite what I thought it was going to be about.... I guess I read to much into the title.... sorry, my bad..........

Nice post!!!!I have a Whipple and I have been to their place. They do lots of research and have a spotless compound. They have different buildings for their various lines ie Marine division, Ford Division,Misc otheres and a R@D with state of the art dyno division. Oh and Ford Racing puts em on their factory cobrajet race cars.

:hide:

Archived