TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I lowered it now......

10SHELBY

Last Saturday I helped a friend lower his 2011 GT/CS. Everything went fine and after he got home he let me know that there was a little shutter klunk in the front end. I told him to triple check everything and let me know. He found no problems.

Today I lowered my 2010 GT500 and right away noticed the same thing. Any advice on this? Is this just strut noise since it was lowered? I've lowered a bunch of 99-04s and never had anything like this.

I appreciate any help offered.

Rudy

post-29705-0-12913400-1297976083_thumb.jpg

post-29705-0-12913400-1297976083_thumb.jpg

Last Saturday I helped a friend lower his 2011 GT/CS. Everything went fine and after he got home he let me know that there was a little shutter klunk in the front end. I told him to triple check everything and let me know. He found no problems.

Today I lowered my 2010 GT500 and right away noticed the same thing. Any advice on this? Is this just strut noise since it was lowered? I've lowered a bunch of 99-04s and never had anything like this.

I appreciate any help offered.

Rudy

OK, I found it. The nut on top of the strut was loose. Just a reminder to all, retighten everything once the car hits the ground.

Rudy

Looks great. How much of a drop is it?

About an 1 1/2 in the back and 1 1/4 in the front. Handling is greatly improved. Camber and caster did not need to be touched. Toe was off a little. Also installed an adjustable panhard bar. What color you ask?

Rudy

post-29705-0-53596800-1298091165_thumb.jpg

post-29705-0-53596800-1298091165_thumb.jpg

Some beautiful Shelby's in the sigs here... thread could have been called "Lowering a Red GT500".

Ya know, I was just thinking the same thing... It is the fastest color after all...

About an 1 1/2 in the back and 1 1/4 in the front. Handling is greatly improved. Camber and caster did not need to be touched. Toe was off a little. Also installed an adjustable panhard bar. What color you ask?

Rudy

So Rudy, since you're the lowering expert...if I bring the beer and burgers, maybe this spring I make a trip to Virginia and we can lower mine, get drunk and eat burgers? haha!

So Rudy, since you're the lowering expert...if I bring the beer and burgers, maybe this spring I make a trip to Virginia and we can lower mine, get drunk and eat burgers? haha!

Come on down, Busch Gardens is 10 miles from the house. Beer is fine. I talked to 3 more in my club down here that are going to do theirs. I told them I would be happy to point and hand them tools. You really need a spring tammer. Those things can take your face off.

Rudy

Not that I'm looking to lower since lower would make it even harder for my worn out a$$ to get in and out of, but what parts/kit did you use and how much did it all run you?

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/

Item Number Quantity Unit Price

BMR-PHR006R 1 139.99 05-11 MUSTANG REAR ADJUSTABLE PANHARD BAR, RED, BMR

M5300L 1 204.99 07-11 MUSTANG GT500 PROGRESSIVE RATE LOWERING SPRING KIT, M-5300-L

Rudy

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, question on your experience in lowering... Since the rear comes down further than the front (which I agree is really needed), has anyone noticed a need to re-aim the headlights? I'm figuring the lights might be pointing a little higher after the mod, and oncoming drivers might be flashing at you more, especially if you have HID lights. This would require that they be re-aimed in the downward direction, just a little. Have any of you needed to do this? I know this won't apply to SVT PP mods since that package has the car is more level to begin with, but certainly applies to the 2010 MY, and any 2011 non-SVTs.

Thanks!

Archived