TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Potential NFL 'Lockout"

Rumors are swirling around the talks that the NFL may go into a 'lockout' situation.

I for one remember the Baseball strike...players wanting tons more dough! After that year of scabs on the field, I never really came back to baseball.

Question: Would you watch again if they in fact strike and there is no season for a year? :headscratch:

:lurk:

Id be pissed.....but Id go back to watching eventually........

as much of a fan as i am.......it doesnt rule my sundays.......i catch the games but dont go out of my way to clear my schedule to do it,

especially when the weather is still nice outside......(Sept, Oct, Nov)..........

I agree....me too..... :shift:

Id be pissed.....but Id go back to watching eventually........

as much of a fan as i am.......it doesnt rule my sundays.......i catch the games but dont go out of my way to clear my schedule to do it,

especially when the weather is still nice outside......(Sept, Oct, Nov)..........

Same here

Although I do plan around on Sunday's. :shrug:

I stoped watching several Years ago when I heard that they were wanting a Retirement Plan and other Benefits. These are people who receive $5,000,000.00 to $25,000,000.00 for "SIGNING BONUS" plus huge pay checks. They are "OVER PAID SPOILED BRATS" who get away with a lot just because they Play Football. Personally, I think the Owners should get together and shut it all all down for a couple of Seasons and start all over.

Question: Would you watch again if they in fact strike and there is no season for a year? :headscratch:

:lurk:

Bring in the replacement players and Brett Favre..............."Problem Solved" ???????? :hysterical:

Bring in the replacement players and Brett Favre..............."Problem Solved" ???????? :hysterical:

Dave...Somehow I knew this thread would draw you in!!! Good to hear from ya!

And, you know what...timing might be impeccable for the 'monkey' to make one last comeback? :slapfight:

Gauranteed he's standing by watching very closely. Hell, he could even play for GB again as a scab!! :hysterical:

Dave...Somehow I knew this thread would draw you in!!! Good to hear from ya!

And, you know what...timing might be impeccable for the 'monkey' to make one last comeback? :slapfight:

Gauranteed he's standing by watching very closely. Hell, he could even play for GB again as a scab!! :hysterical:

:hysterical: As bad as BF has been beaten up on the Field this past season.....He probaly IS a Scab........................ :hysterical:

I'll just watch NASCAR.....................................at least they care about the fans and would never go on strike.

I'll just watch NASCAR.....................................at least they care about the fans and would never go on strike.

Stormy...never really ever followed NASCAR or understood it...why it's cool to go 'round & 'round in a left turn? However...one day many years ago, some friends MADE me go with to P.I.R.

WOW!!!! We pulled into the dirt parking lot that seemed miles away from the oval, and because PIR lays in a 'valley' of sorts there in the mountains, the cars were warming up on the track and the sound was, in a word.... INCREDIBLE!! A car guy's dream of noise!!! :happy feet: There is nothing like the sound 'up-close' of a NASCAR motor! I figured out very quickly why they (my friends) all brought ear plugs!!! :hysterical:

Chris

btw- I think it's funny how Toyota runs a Tundra in the truck series. I showed the wife their truck, and it looks like my brand new little regular cabber?

I stoped watching several Years ago when I heard that they were wanting a Retirement Plan and other Benefits. These are people who receive $5,000,000.00 to $25,000,000.00 for "SIGNING BONUS" plus huge pay checks. They are "OVER PAID SPOILED BRATS" who get away with a lot just because they Play Football. Personally, I think the Owners should get together and shut it all all down for a couple of Seasons and start all over.

try to get some sleep david...:doh:

the average NFL career is less than 4 years.......few of the most injured players on the line make these millions you speak of.....

their bodies are donated to the livelihood of the sport while the owners make billions.....

have the salaries become outrageous and are many players overpaid....????

YES, DEFINATELY.....

but dont make the mistake of lumping the whole sport into that pile....

many players make much less and cant walk after a few years in the league....

the league and the owners should most definately create a fund for those players......

I also dont think the owners should be forced to share the billions with the players.....

the players get paid enough....in fact too much.....but the owners should create this fund for those who

dont make 7 or 8 or 9 figures a year......imo......

I asked the question and didn't give my opinion at first.

Not too sure actually?

On the whole, IMHO, sports as well as most EVERYTHING in our lives, has become over commercialized. With over commercialization, comes the price increases of all things surrounding that 'thing' or entity. Right, wrong, or otherwise? As it relates to sports, the unfortunate issue with so much commercialization is the lack of playing for 'The City' anymore! The last team left, IMO that still mostly plays for their town, is the Pittsburgh Steelers. For many many years the Steelers were the least paid players in the NFL. Correct me if I'm wrong guys...but I think I am right on this? The players were more concerned about playing (with heart) for the town and it's fans! This IS NOT to say that I am in any way a Steeler fan...it is just to point out that because of the huge bucks paid to athletes today, most are chasing the almighty buck with every chance they get, to go free agent. There have been a few stories of guys that turn down more dough to stay where they are and play for the 'team' or 'town'. Those are wonderful stories to hear for a fan of that city! With all of this said, I think if they do strike next year, far fewer people will be pissed or stay away as we did back in the day when Baseball struck, simply because it's much more expected these days, and after all besides maybe NASCAR, football is the American pastime now!!

PRAY for NO STRIKE! :rockon:

edit-spelling

correct me if i am wrong but i think the potential work stoppage would be a owner lock out.......not a player strike.

The owners give a percentage of their revenues to the players....as their revenues grow (tv contracts, new stadiums, PSLs, etc)....

the players share keeps growing.....

the owners want the percentage lowered and are apparently willing to lock the players out if they dont agree.....

and perhaps a small point, but nascar isnt america's anything anymore........

attendance is way down in the last several years and empty seats abound at every track and every event....

thats why they keep changing the rules.........to TRY to get people interested again......:shrug:

They need to rename "NASCAR" (North American Stock Car Association of Racing)..............................

How about "IAAABYDR" (International Asian and American Association of Bore Yourself to Death Racing)??????? :hysterical:

Go see real American Racing and Enjoy that Great Smell of "Nitro Methane"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

They need to rename "NASCAR" (North American Stock Car Association of Racing)..............................

How about "IAAABYDR" (International Asian and American Association of Bore Yourself to Death Racing)??????? :hysterical:

Go see real American Racing and Enjoy that Great Smell of "Nitro Methane"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happy feet:

:hysterical:

ALWAYS look 4ward to your posts DDT....... :hysterical:

Dave, that's a good point. Since you bring it up, how is it that Toyota is in NASCAR? Japanese co.? Is it because they build some of their cars here now? :headscratch:

Funny...funny...funny....

Yesterday i joined the TundraSolutions Forum now that I am a Jap truck owner. I have been trolling around there now too.

I found this tonite.

This one's for you Dave!!!!!!!! :happy feet: Not too sure what his point is? Last I heard they were dancing in the streets of GB!

:headscratch:

correct me if i am wrong but i think the potential work stoppage would be a owner lock out.......not a player strike.

The owners give a percentage of their revenues to the players....as their revenues grow (tv contracts, new stadiums, PSLs, etc)....

the players share keeps growing.....

the owners want the percentage lowered and are apparently willing to lock the players out if they dont agree.....

and perhaps a small point, but nascar isnt america's anything anymore........

attendance is way down in the last several years and empty seats abound at every track and every event....

thats why they keep changing the rules.........to TRY to get people interested again......:shrug:

Isn't it an "Owners Lockout" because the Players won't Sign or Commit?

• 2 weeks later...

For crying out loud!!!!!

They took away Two and a Half Men..................now, maybe my Football Sundays? :hysterical::slapfight:

That's it...I'm moving back up to Canada!!! At least the CFL is still on good terms!!!

They try to play Football in Canada???????????????? :hysterical:

ahhh, let the loosers sit in the unemployment line and bring in some fresh, new talent :-) i was a huge baseball fanatic till they pulled the walkout in 1991 and i have no interest in it anymore. a bunch of whiney, over paid babies that people call role models :shrug:

They try to play Football in Canada???????????????? :hysterical:

The Grey Cup has been contested for 98 years! Longer field, all backs in motion, and only 3 downs, loads of excitement. Truly a vertical game.

ahhh, let the loosers sit in the unemployment line and bring in some fresh, new talent :-) i was a huge baseball fanatic till they pulled the walkout in 1991 and i have no interest in it anymore. a bunch of whiney, over paid babies that people call role models :shrug:

Bunch of prima donnas if you ask me....these ridiculous celebrations everytime a tackle is made...geez, give me a break, and act like you've been there before...

Archived