TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Anyone Seen 'The King's Speech' ?

Has anyone seen this? Are you planning on seeing it?

My wife and I NEVER go to the movies. I bet seriously, I could count on one hand that we've been to a theatre in the last 10 years! I have a DVD player that has to have spider webs inside it! :hysterical: We don't rent them either.

My real-estate lady saw it the other night, and has seen "The Fighter' recently as well, and has recommended them both to me.

Anyone? Please don't give it away though... Lol.

Hey Chris,

Marji and I just got home from seeing it. Fantastic movie. I actually found myself getting very tense as the Prince (before becoming King) struggled with a speech he had to give at the closing ceremonies of the 1925 British Empire exhibition.............you could feel his anguish.

I highly recommend it.

Hey Chris,

Marji and I just got home from seeing it. Fantastic movie. I actually found myself getting very tense as the Prince (before becoming King) struggled with a speech he had to give at the closing ceremonies of the 1925 British Empire exhibition.............you could feel his anguish.

I highly recommend it.

Thanks Dan!

Have you and Marji seen The Fighter, as well? I hear it's alot more about the human condition and not a boxing movie like the Rocky movies?

Thanks Dan!

Have you and Marji seen The Fighter, as well? I hear it's alot more about the human condition and not a boxing movie like the Rocky movies?

Have not, but it's next on the to see list.

Marji and I take one Thursday afternoon a month and see a movie. No crowds to deal with and it makes for a nice break once a month.

Have not, but it's next on the to see list.

Marji and I take one Thursday afternoon a month and see a movie. No crowds to deal with and it makes for a nice break once a month.

That's cool....Gina and I go out every single Friday night...no excuses, for dinner and some red wine. We go out other nights too from time to time, but Friday's are set aside so much so, that our friends and relatives know this!! :hysterical:

Good for you guys too!

I have seen both "King's Speech" and "The Fighter" and they are both excellent movies. I would highly recommend them both.

If you like history the "King's Speech" is for you.

The new Liam Nesson movie "Unknown" was not that great, imo.

Archived