TEAM SHELBY FORUM

changing SHELBY badging

tdshelby

Not sure if the GT500 letters are applied the same as on the SGT but we had the Y come loose. They appear to be glued on and the glued had softened. The replacement letter just had a backing that was peeled off and then the new letter just pressed on in place of the old one. Of course, the area needs to be cleaned to ensure that the adhesive will stick properly.

As far as getting them off is another story. I'm sure someone can provide the best method for that.

Mike

The Letters use 3M Double Sided Molding Tape. You can buy the Letters for just $40.00. They can be removed easy enough. Just park the Car in the Sun and use a Plastic Bondo Spreader to remove them. Just slip the Bondo Spreader under the Letter slowly rocking it back and forth until the letter pops off. Then all you have to do is clean off the residue from the Tape. The Bondo Spreader do not scratch. I use them all the time to remove Emblems on New Cars.

You can remove them by using fishing line and work it back and forth like a saw, clean the area very well where they will be re applied. Shelby sells the set for 40$ and you can get a stencil for alignment to go across the back from one of the members on here. He goes by Mr. Farmdog, he has the stencils on his web site named stuck on you graphics. Hope this helps.

Shelby sells the set for 40$ and you can get a stencil for alignment to go across the back from one of the members on here.

If I'm not mistaken, Shelby now supplies the stencil with their letter kit so you don't have to buy one elsewhere.

I say, IF I'm not mistaken. I thought I saw that last time I looked on the Shelby Perf. Parts store site.

HTH,

Phill

If I'm not mistaken, Shelby now supplies the stencil with their letter kit so you don't have to buy one elsewhere.

I say, IF I'm not mistaken. I thought I saw that last time I looked on the Shelby Perf. Parts store site.

HTH,

Phill

They do Phill...they get it from John Farmer, as he is a licensed supplier now. One stop shopping!! B)

For "rebadging" across the center are the actual letter sizes different than the original badging on the left?

Has anyone rebadged with the red colored SHELBY letters that are out there? And specifically on a vapor/ebony car?

Thanks.

Archived