TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Fays2 Watts Link

Tom Robinson

Had the fays2 watts link installed and it appears the axle cannot be centered exactly. This is what I was told.

The tech is doing it now... we're going to have to get another alignment since we changed the geometry of the rear. Also, the closest The tech was able to get the rear Fays 2 setup was 3/16".. it's pretty close but not exact. The Watts has to be setup a certain way to work well and the way Fays 2 has it designed has the axle not centered.

Is this an accurate statement?

Thanks

Had the fays2 watts link installed and it appears the axle cannot be centered exactly. This is what I was told.

The tech is doing it now... we're going to have to get another alignment since we changed the geometry of the rear.  Also, the closest The tech was able to get the rear Fays 2 setup was 3/16".. it's pretty close but not exact.  The Watts has to be setup a certain way to work well and the way Fays 2 has it designed has the axle not centered.

Is this an accurate statement?

Thanks

Cant say for sure since I just got my Fays2Watts link last Friday and will be installing it this weekend. What I can tell you is that I suggest a call to Jim Fay at 920.279.0875 because I have talked to him several times personally and found him to be both helpful and an excellent source of information on items other than his Watts link. I am seriously hoping your comments are not true but will let you know what I find out after my install.

Archived