TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/SC on order! :)

You will not believe it’s the same car when they are done…

My exact thought the first time I drove Betsy down Hollywood St near SAI! edit*** Roger looked me in the eye and said, "Leave the traction control on!" I said "Holy Sh**!!!

So, it's being dropped off... Are you going to pick her up in person and drive her home? Highly recommended. It'd be all broken in by the time you get home. :superhero::shift:

Congrats!

Dan

My exact thought the first time I drove Betsy down Hollywood St near SAI! edit*** Roger looked me in the eye and said, "Leave the traction control on!" I said "Holy Sh**!!!

So, it's being dropped off... Are you going to pick her up in person and drive her home? Highly recommended. It'd be all broken in by the time you get home. :superhero::shift:

Congrats!

Dan

Dan - I had originally planned to drive it back home but now I am not sure. I don't want to get any more road rash but I also know it would be a drive of a lifetime and one to remember :) How long was your drive home mine is to the Portland Oregon area. Yes I am really enthused about this conversion to say the least.

Have it trucked to you. The process of getting to know the car after the conversion is one, IMHO, that is best done close to home and a little at a time. Driving it on the Interstate is not terribly exciting and there is always the possibility that you could get frisky at the wrong moment and attract unwanted attention. It does have stripes all up and down it. I hear tell that those stripes make your car more noticeable than most. :hysterical:

Jim

The more I think about it, I want to drive it home! :) However the more logical mind set comes out and says "no extra road rash and break it in at home safely". So Gran Tourismo Motor Sport has scheduled Friday to pick up the car and then we are set to go. I'll keep everyone updated.

Thanks-

:drop:

:hysterical:

congrat dave! :happy feet:

you are going to love it......

what are you getting done with the sc?

3 gauge pod?

brakes?

whipple or kenne bell?

how long did they say they would need to complete the car?

Hay Wicked! Whipple Polished (upgrades that will promote long life and clean belt wear), back and forth on what gauges but most likely gauge pod but really don't know yet, Brembo take offs already and having SS lines installed, other mods yet to be determined exactly what :), 5 weeks on the install and mods...................hopefully. Just very upbeat about the whole thing. I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks.

Hi Randy - Thanks I am pretty stoked about it. Just another opportunity to do something different with the car. Can I ask what would you do differently if you did it again?

I'll update as it progresses.

Dave

Well I have to say absolutley nothing at the time...and I would do the install again at SA 1000 times over, its that cool. I do think that my clutch is getting a wee bit tired...Ken commented that he can not believe it has lasted this long. May want to ask Roger about a clutch install. Also a driveshaft saftey loop is nice/required for the tracks and general saftey. Roger also had a prototype watts link on his car at the bash that had me drooling, that I would ask him about for sure, apparently it really changes the handling in the rear. I really love the Ferrodo front and Hawk rear pads, ATE fluid with the FRPP cooling kit,,,the braking is flawless...fronts squeek a little on the street but I can accept that real easily. You will need the brakes trust me, the car is downright scary with the SGT ones on there...I cannot speak of the stock GT500 pads, but Ken probably could. I have an odd combination on my car as I have no guages, and I like that. But it's probably a good idea to monitor the boost and fuel pressure. Also get the widest possible rear tire on there, the power is really there when you nail it...

Congratulations Dave you are really going to enjoy the car so much more. My friend who has driven many exotics, Panteras to F50's said that the SGT/SC is the most bang for the buck he has ever seen and the only fault he could say was that the rear end could be more "planted" after some laps at the bash...

If you have a kid in your family drive the car back with them and make it memorable...you only live once and if the cars got a chip or two it can be fixed and the memory won't be of the chip.

Besides you can't drive your car in the next realm that I can tell...

I am very happy for you Dave!

Well I have to say absolutley nothing at the time...and I would do the install again at SA 1000 times over, its that cool. I do think that my clutch is getting a wee bit tired...Ken commented that he can not believe it has lasted this long. May want to ask Roger about a clutch install. Also a driveshaft saftey loop is nice/required for the tracks and general saftey. Roger also had a prototype watts link on his car at the bash that had me drooling, that I would ask him about for sure, apparently it really changes the handling in the rear. I really love the Ferrodo front and Hawk rear pads, ATE fluid with the FRPP cooling kit,,,the braking is flawless...fronts squeek a little on the street but I can accept that real easily. You will need the brakes trust me, the car is downright scary with the SGT ones on there...I cannot speak of the stock GT500 pads, but Ken probably could. I have an odd combination on my car as I have no guages, and I like that. But it's probably a good idea to monitor the boost and fuel pressure. Also get the widest possible rear tire on there, the power is really there when you nail it...

Congratulations Dave you are really going to enjoy the car so much more. My friend who has driven many exotics, Panteras to F50's said that the SGT/SC is the most bang for the buck he has ever seen and the only fault he could say was that the rear end could be more "planted" after some laps at the bash...

If you have a kid in your family drive the car back with them and make it memorable...you only live once and if the cars got a chip or two it can be fixed and the memory won't be of the chip.

Besides you can't drive your car in the next realm that I can tell...

I am very happy for you Dave!

Thanks Randy.

SWEDEMAN,

Congrats on the upgrade! I wish I was in your shoes shift.gif

Having made 4x trips to SAI for the Annual BASH, I keep hoping to win enough $$$ so that I can leave my car at the Mod Shop for the SC Upgrade...

But keep us posted on how this goes, as you never know when that POWERBALL will hit hysterical.gif

Gregg

Thanks Gregg. Just got the call a few minutes ago from the transport company, tomorrow @ 3:00PM is the ETD. I should have the SGT er SGT/SC back in about 5 weeks...... hopefully! I like the decision the more I think about it and talk to other owners who have them. I'll keep updates on the package build out & mods selected.

Dave

Car picked up @ 5:30 PM PSTand is now in transport. SGT #1182 soon to be SGT/SC #1182!

Thanks everyone and I'll update soon! ;)

You're gonna love what it does to the car. It makes it a totally different machine. And that sound of the supercharger is so cool! You're gonna love it.

Archived