TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I Give Up! Kenne Bell here I come!

FordGeek

Well, try as I may I just can't reach my 600 hp goal with the basic bolt-ons. So far, I'm at 565 with tune (running a little on the lean side), pulley, Bassani off-road x-pipe (custom 2 1/2 inch) and CAI. As some of you may recall, my ultimate goal was to keep the SC bone stock and use only bolt-ons to reach 600 rwhp. The bad news, I can't get it there without maybe porting the SC, something I just simply don't want to do. Not sure what numbers Evo got with the basics, but I'm probably not too far off in terms of squeezing as much as possible without having to go a little crazier. The good news my name is on the list for the new Kenne Bell 2.8L blower. Why on the list you say? Well, because apparently they're having some issues with their suppliers and the kits have yet to be shipped (contrary to what their web sites say). Further, they are not sure if I'll be on the first shipment, or the subsequent one 1-2 weeks later. Either way, I should have one before the end of the month. My plan is to take pictures as I progress with the install and provide real world dyno results; I'll be going with the 18 lb stage 3 kit (which will be more like 16.5 lbs on mine given the exhaust) which should put me at or very near 700 rwhp. I'll be looking to upgrade to a 1-piece drive shaft, so if anyone has already gone down that route please let me know of some good deals out on the web. I really don't feel like plunking down 1K for a carbon fiber one, so aluminum works fine for me.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Joseph,

You're going to be VERY happy with the Kenne Bell. We've had one for going on TWELVE years, with ZERO troubles whatsoever. Mind you, their customer/technical service leaves alot to be desired, but the product itself is fantastic.

Here's a pic from two nights ago. While yours will look much different, you can still get peek at one installed. And FWIW, the husband conquered that install in about 5 hours.

48fxau9.jpg

Well, try as I may I just can't reach my 600 hp goal with the basic bolt-ons. So far, I'm at 565 with tune (running a little on the lean side), pulley, Bassani off-road x-pipe (custom 2 1/2 inch) and CAI. As some of you may recall, my ultimate goal was to keep the SC bone stock and use only bolt-ons to reach 600 rwhp. The bad news, I can't get it there without maybe porting the SC, something I just simply don't want to do. Not sure what numbers Evo got with the basics, but I'm probably not too far off in terms of squeezing as much as possible without having to go a little crazier. The good news my name is on the list for the new Kenne Bell 2.8L blower. Why on the list you say? Well, because apparently they're having some issues with their suppliers and the kits have yet to be shipped (contrary to what their web sites say). Further, they are not sure if I'll be on the first shipment, or the subsequent one 1-2 weeks later. Either way, I should have one before the end of the month. My plan is to take pictures as I progress with the install and provide real world dyno results; I'll be going with the 18 lb stage 3 kit (which will be more like 16.5 lbs on mine given the exhaust) which should put me at or very near 700 rwhp. I'll be looking to upgrade to a 1-piece drive shaft, so if anyone has already gone down that route please let me know of some good deals out on the web. I really don't feel like plunking down 1K for a carbon fiber one, so aluminum works fine for me.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Well done Joseph. Here are two driveshaft suppliers.

http://www.iedls.com/ - 4” aluminum driveshaft for about $600. Lammbo used them.

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...;products_id=88 another driveshaft at $700. dac6319 and Blue Oval both used this one.

AD

Well done Joseph. Here are two driveshaft suppliers.

http://www.iedls.com/ - 4” aluminum driveshaft for about $600. Lammbo used them.

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/index.php...;products_id=88 another driveshaft at $700. dac6319 and Blue Oval both used this one.

AD

Thanks Dave...I appreciate the help!.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

FordGeek, looks like you were short a few mods. to reach 600rwhp.

A long tube header with your X-pipe and full exhaust plus a one pc. say aluminum driveshaft and a tune would have given you another 50-55rwhp plus your 565 would have put you somewhere around aprox. 620 rwhp.

Who do you rely on for your tuning?

Evo. Performance stage 4 = 600+ rwhp

600rwhp is possible with stock blower for sure and a lot less money than the KB setup, unles you just want to go that route.

But the KB setup is defenitely attractive and even I want one as well.

Regards,

Joseph (FordGeek)

Read up on the 3.5 vs the 4 inch DS.........you may end up going for the 3.5. Mine will be ordered tomorrow. dynotechengineering.com...........I heard they make it for Evo........

Archived