TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Radiator cover extensions

hotrodrock

I have searched at all of the usual suspects sites. Maybe they are there and I just can't find them. I want some radiator cover extensions which are not carbon fiber. I can't see paying a couple of hundred bucks for carbon fiber when I want to paint them to match the car. Seems like a huge waste of money. Has anyone seen just regular plastic ones that will fit the GT500. Maybe I'm just a cheap sob but I can't see spending big dollars to get one of the one piece items. Can the ones for a GT be trimmed to fit or do they mount totally differently?

Can the ones for a GT be trimmed to fit or do they mount totally differently?

Has anyone tried this? I too want to paint a set and can't see paying for carbon fiber, just to cover it up with paint.

Z-man

I talked to someone at JLT awhile back about the same thing and they said they no longer produce the radiator extensions unless you want carbon fiber. I guess they did make them at one time though. I also saw a post on another forum about modifying the GT ones to work on the Shelby and they claim it can't be done as they are completely different. I ended up buying the one piece cover from Bangastang as I couldn't find another option to go with. I too considered buying the carbon fiber extensions and painting them but by the time I spent that money I figured I might as well spend a little more and just buy the one piece cover.

I did find this company that says if you want GT500 extensions, to call them. Haven't got to call them yet but will in the next few days. Unfortunately, it looks like they would be about the same price as carbon fiber.

http://www.southernmustangparts.com/

i just emailed them. Will let you know if i get a response

• 4 weeks later...

I looked for a set of non carbon ones too. they just dont exist. Same way with the painted GT500 strut tower caps made to fit the strut bar. they can no longer be found new

I bought a set from bangastang 6 months ago and had them trim them to fit the tower strut brace for $10. Total cost was $65.

Archived