TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Do it or Don't????

Did you notice a difference after installing them?

I can only comment on my 02 mustang GT.

the gain you felt was the same feeling you get form AC on and AC off.

I had issues with over heating. Around 95 F or 36 C it would start to over heat. I was in Palm Springs one summer temps around 100 no one could figure out why my car was over heating. In order to get home a few 100.00$ poorer I had to leave at night when the temp were below 90 F. They caused me nothing but grief and money. Don't use if you want to travel in the summer in your car. Save your 300.00 not worth the grief for a small gain.

Put the cash towards a SC

I can only comment on my 02 mustang GT.

the gain you felt was the same feeling you get form AC on and AC off.

I had issues with over heating. Around 95 F or 36 C it would start to over heat. I was in Palm Springs one summer temps around 100 no one could figure out why my car was over heating. In order to get home a few 100.00$ poorer I had to leave at night when the temp were below 90 F. They caused me nothing but grief and money. Don't use if you want to travel in the summer in your car. Save your 300.00 not worth the grief for a small gain.

Put the cash towards a SC

It doesn't get much hotter than 85 degrees here in Jersey over the summer. At night its about 70ish. A lot of other people have had zero heating issues after researching some forums. I plan on putting some Royal Purple "Purple Ice" Coolant additive into my Radiator in a few weeks as well to lower temps. Seems to me, you must have had a cooling system problem. Either that or you were getting on the car all day long in 100 degree weather.

Whose UD pulleys did you use? Steeda, ford racing, etc...

Ford Racing doesn't make UD pulleys for our cars. Only earlier year models.

I pulled the trigger. They are now part of my box collection in my trunk. Did a bunch of research. On a stock mustang, the pulleys will get you an additional 9 rwhp and about 8lbft of tq. While that may not be a huge number, it all adds up with what I am doing. 10 here, 20 there, 40 here, and eventually you end up with a shit load of more power.

:happy feet:

I pulled the trigger. They are now part of my box collection in my trunk. Did a bunch of research. On a stock mustang, the pulleys will get you an additional 9 rwhp and about 8lbft of tq. While that may not be a huge number, it all adds up with what I am doing. 10 here, 20 there, 40 here, and eventually you end up with a shit load of more power.

Here in alaska when me and bristol palin are cruising and no the baby is with her mom their was no cooling issues. The only thing overheating is Bristol !!! :hysterical:

I had mistaken the roush ud pulley set for ford racing. that is what i was referring to. Which brand did you get?

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=599

Also, look into Granatelli coil packs, i havent found the article in a while, but a test by i believe mustang monthly or enthusiast, gain 30 hp by changing to high performance coils.

I had mistaken the roush ud pulley set for ford racing. that is what i was referring to. Which brand did you get?

http://store.roushperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=599

Also, look into Granatelli coil packs, i havent found the article in a while, but a test by i believe mustang monthly or enthusiast, gain 30 hp by changing to high performance coils.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/GMS-28-1812CP/2005-10-Mustang-GT-GMS-3V-Pro-Series-Coil-Packs-Set-of-8.html?meta=GBASE&metacpg=GMS-28-1812CP&utm_source=gbase&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=&utm_campaign=GMS-28-1812CP

That coil pack claims an increase of 12hp. Plus for 500+ $$$ that does NOT seem worth it to me.

Archived