TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Work Safety

I added a new injury to my blunder list !!! Use of a obrital hand sander What not to do

1. Use eye protection short sleeve

2. long sleeves meds

3 mask dont forget to turn sander off when scratching your arm

This has been a message from your OSHA advisor. Paid by me in pain Didn't hurt as much of dropping the jig saw on my head :hysterical:

post-18733-0-19319600-1297820463_thumb.jpg

post-18733-0-19319600-1297820463_thumb.jpg

Racer step away from all tools Thanks

Seriously but something on that so it won`t get infected.

I let my dog lick so it heals better !! Joking but it did heal up I can see if my shrink see it he will think that I sliced my wrist would be kind of funny. Here a funny I was trying to heat a bolt loose on my work bench. I knocked over the torch and set my bench on fire

Safety first!!!

I remember back when I worked at a fiberglass shop for a while. I had to make a precision cut, in a hard to reach area, in a boats interior. To get where I needed to cut, I attached a cutoff wheel to a right-angle die grinder. Or course there was no room for a safety cover (who needs those danged safety covers anyway).

The cut went just as planned, and all went well....untill I relaxed and dropped my hands to my side to admire my work, before taking my finger off the trigger first. Sliced right through my jeans , just above my knee cap, but didn't even touch my skin. A half an inch closer, and I probably would have sliced through the tendons and cut my knee off.

BTW, the tool I was using was affectionately know as the "Maniac Wheel" by the other guys in the shop.

Live and learn.

Z-man

I let my dog lick so it heals better !! Joking but it did heal up I can see if my shrink see it he will think that I sliced my wrist would be kind of funny. Here a funny I was trying to heat a bolt loose on my work bench. I knocked over the torch and set my bench on fire

When your done with the bolt can you use your torch to cut the top off that old 45 gal drum ?? I think it was use for diesel last.

Archived