TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 wheel touch up paint code?

stevenh

I found some old threads but many of the posts were deleted. I need the Duplicolor part number for the touch up paint for factory 2010 wheels. Guy here says he can't get it by just ordering dark shadow grey metallic. Thanks.

are the vert and coupe wheels the same color

• 1 year later...

The Dark Grey Metallic is the color for the SVTPP wheels, not the standard wheels. There was a thread within the last 30 days or so from a guy who had his local shop airbrush the correct color. I don't think he ever found a matching DupliColor paint.

Edit: Here is the other thread. (It was a 2012 'vert, so not sure if color is the same as 2010.)

Have to disagree. I can say with all certainty that the NG FM 360 Dark Shadow Gray Metallic IS the correct color for 2010 and non SVTPP wheels. Been using it for 2 years.

>shrug< Just pointing out what other people have reported with their own all certainty, including the OP here. If all wheels since 2010, SVTPP or not, are the same color then that would definitely make it easy. I have the SVTPP wheels and the NG FM 360/T299 is the right color for me.

Hmmm, must be a difference between Duplicolor's touch up kit using Dark Shadow Gray and their spray can of Dark Shadow Gray.

Other thread said that the T299 (rattle can) didn't match either. Can't vouch for that guy, of course. Could be he saw differences that most of us would never notice.

Hmmm, must be a difference between Duplicolor's touch up kit using Dark Shadow Gray and their spray can of Dark Shadow Gray.

Yes I think there is a difference between the spray and brush. I only use the small bottle with an artist brush for the small dings and scratches. When I gouged my rim on a curb I had it professionally repaired. Came out great.

Archived